Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2020 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Yep. The moment I saw her in the opening I thought to myself 'Welp, this one is gonna get rushed too'. xD
Jul 7, 2021 5:41 PM
Dec 2017
And you're right apparently.

Aug 15, 2021 10:54 AM

Dec 2018
Demonneo said:
Harucchan said:
Don't know what's the problem of you guys! It's obvious they need to cut a lot of the original story to fit into 12 episodes of 20 minutes each - every adaptation works like this. The anime industry rarely adapt many seasons of a series, so it was obvious what was going to happen. Still, even though I haven't read the webtoon, I think the adaptations were very good: it was able to grasp all the story. You are just bitter they rushed the series a bit, but you don't get that Crunchyroll problably doesn't have the money to make many seasons with lots of episodes

Not obvious at all. Why would a western streaming service that is funding original anime even need to follow the same outdated japanese system of 12/13 episodes, which works only as a stupid ad to sell light novels/manga to begin with? Streaming services care about views, clicks and to attract new subscribers. That can only be achieved either by pumping up an insane ammount of original content disregarding its quality, with the occasional hit (hi netflix) or actually invest in fewer but high quality shows (like HBO). Clearly Crunchyroll has not the financial power of netflix, so it would be of their interest to invest in fewer titles (like the 3 big popular webtoons) and make sure they are decent paced adaptations with a satisfying animation.

But being the terrible service that crunchyroll is, of course they would still go with the moronic ad-like anime format, and in the case of Noblesse, did not even bother to put the OVA listed together with the anime. People watch that first episode and go WTF is happening? Did i miss something? Yikes... Something that could be great for the industry, became the joke we see lately. I guess we have to wait a few more years until the japanese finally start to invest in their own streaming platform and finally update their anime model, because THERE IS DEMAND for animations as well. The industry should not be dependent of light novels sales. It makes no sense.

I liked the adaptation and I won't ever read the source material

But the part about the OVA is so true!

I even had to watch it on YouTube, only to see way later that CR has the OVA (but it doesn't show up on related Series or Season lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.