Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2018
Do you guys think Koe no Katachi was made for western audience in mind or has Japan gone more western? The time frame this was written and made, bullying was a big deal in the states. Also, the single mother works as a hairdresser and takes care of granddaughter and daughter's baby daddy stays at the house and is brown NOT SAYING HE STAYS AT HOME 24/7, im saying he lives with them. Sound like an american family to me LOL. No lie i was expecting they were Christian too. They do mention "god", you can insert any god from any religion and you can easily sale this to religious people too" from any religion. This movie is so sweet and innocent there is no hand holding either but this isn't a romance anime so.... What do you guys think or know?
Guts-ValleyAug 29, 2020 5:57 PM
Aug 29, 2020 4:17 PM
Jan 2018
The original mangaka was probably influenced by western media like a lot of other mangaka are but it wasn't made with a western audience in mind simply because there isn't a market there at all. Anime producers almost never care for a western audience even when partnering with services like Netflix or Crunchyroll.
AnimaniaigAug 29, 2020 4:25 PM
Aug 29, 2020 4:20 PM

Aug 2018
Animaniaig said:
The original mangaka was probably influenced by western media like a lot of other mangaka are but it wasn't made with a western audience in mind simply because there isn't a market there at all. Anime producers almost never care for a western audience even when partnering with services like Netflix.
Could also be for Japanese audience that want western influence media. Even the intro music is in English a rarely in Anime.
Aug 29, 2020 4:24 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
No wonder I felt like everything was so familiar/realistic

Aug 29, 2020 4:43 PM

Feb 2019
No, Yamada has never directed a work which was made for western demographic. Koe no katachi is something anyone can enjoy regardless of what country one lives in. The author might be influenced a bit by west but you should know that god isn't a christian or abrahamic concept alone, shintoism has millions of gods or kamis which rest in everything. That entire religion revolves around the concept of gods. Also it is never made clear if pedro stays at home 24/7. There is no reason to believe if this was targeted at the western audience.
Aug 29, 2020 5:50 PM

Aug 2018
cythraul said:
No, Yamada has never directed a work which was made for western demographic. Koe no katachi is something anyone can enjoy regardless of what country one lives in. The author might be influenced a bit by west but you should know that god isn't a christian or abrahamic concept alone, shintoism has millions of gods or kamis which rest in everything. That entire religion revolves around the concept of gods. Also it is never made clear if pedro stays at home 24/7. There is no reason to believe if this was targeted at the western audience.
LOL yea i know it's not the christian god that's why i said "don't say which god", i meant it like you can insert any god from any religion that is why i said "you can easily sale this to religious people too" any religion LOL I mention Christianity earlier in my comment because i mention they are like an American family. Also I never said pedro stay home 24/7 lol i said he lives with them. What are you trying to say about pedro? JK I will re edit my post
Aug 29, 2020 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
Merulox said:
No wonder I felt like everything was so familiar/realistic
this is not the first time i felt like this, there been other anime that i'm like "oh this was written by a Japanese person that lived in MERICA!
Jun 29, 2021 7:20 PM
Dec 2017
no it just happens that alot of westerners like this shit.

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.