Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2020 12:39 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zeo finally had his Awesome moment vs Dr. Bad Touch. Who broke mentally from seeing Faust have a one track mind thus ignoring him and the idea of Ginga stopping the explosion with a beyblade, lmao.

The 4th time Ryuuga had to save Ginga's butt. How he got in and out of a city in the middle of a sea is what I wanna know.

Kyouya totally got jealous at Ginga's mention of Ryuuga helping, lol.

And this ends this season. Overall... it wasn't bad at all. The worst bits continued to be Masamune with his idiot weakling and naive sick leader. Masamune is just an annoying character and I rarely liked any of his scenes. Buuut, the season does impress me with how they started him off as seemingly strong as Ginga only to fall off once the Euro team appears. It shows that it wasn't Masamune being strong, but Ginga, himself, being weak (due to lack of control over his new bey). I suppose that was the purpose of Masamune's character because beyond his numba 1 sthick and his old team, he didn't really have any reason to be on Ginga's team, narrative-wise.

The Russian and that one Middle East team was a total waste of time. That Russian girl didn't even get to battle! At least the battles were creative.

Some of the Tsubasa bits got a bit aggravating due to how they were paced. Every battle involving his darkness (except the last one) dragged on and on with characters standing with their thumbs up their butt. Other than that, Tsubasa was fine. After he got over his Darkness phase, he got more likeable. His battles didn't get any better, though.

Yuu.... ehh. He started off fine but progressively got more and more whiny. As I predicted, he had no real character arc; at most, this season only further developed his relationship with Tsubasa.

The real bits that made this season was One Fusion, Kyouya's team (especially Nile, ofc), Ryuuga, and Damian along with scenes of Ginga here and there. Also seeing Gan Gan Galaxy having fun.

The beginning is okay, the middle is somewhat slow since it felt like it was just going through the tournament motions, but once Nile enters the picture is when the season finally kicks off. The bgm in the latter half was kickass and when used right, turned battles into total hype.

Reading my original review of the first season... This sequel managed to prove me wrong. Yes, Masamune was a constant annoyance. Yes, the middle dragged with battles you can skip without missing anything important. Yes, the animation did get wonky every once in a while. Yes, a bunch of battles weren't fun to watch (funny enough mostly Tsubasa's). Yes, having Masamune there seemed to turn Ginga from cool to goofy for the first half. Yes, I watched this raw so I can't fully say how stupid the dialogue/plot is. Yes, some of it was predictable.

But, you know what? This season felt like it tried to do better. It spaced out the villains so they could scale with Ginga rather than have one OP villain for most of the show. Ryuuga is still OP but he takes a backseat which helps a LOT for the balancing. If the battles couldn't be hype, they tried to be creative. It's not the Ginga season; almost everyone had their moment. It didn't just focus on Ginga-tachi but gave focus to other groups. We got to see the characters have fun together outside of beyblading. The city battle. The surprise twists like Da Xiang and Masamune losing against Zeo. The voice work was off the chain. The plot, while sorta cliche (typical wanting to rule the world and Dr. Bad Touch thinking he's a genius, etc), was formatted in a way that made it intriguing. Great character designs.

There's still moments of "it's beyblading, how could you be put into the hospital??" but less of "my beyblade is breaking that means my bey Spirit is dying!!" (I prefer the former, tbh, despite how ridiculous it is.)

Yet overall, I had fun. There's plenty of times I wanted subs to understand what's going on. Plenty of times I was smiling and wanting more. And without subs to properly criticize the plot, all I have left is my enjoyment. It's not perfect, but better than the first season. Or maybe my bad memory makes me think so.
SakariiAug 18, 2020 1:03 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku Episode 42 Discussion

Sakarii - Aug 16, 2020

1 by Xenpai_47 »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:03 AM

Poll: » Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

2 by usmanali127 »»
Nov 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2010

1 by Ginanananananana »»
Feb 6, 2021 10:11 PM

Poll: » Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 4, 2010

1 by Budi_Sampurno214 »»
Jan 2, 2021 9:49 AM

Poll: » Metal Fight Beyblade: Baku Episode 50 Discussion

Sakarii - Aug 17, 2020

0 by Sakarii »»
Aug 17, 2020 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.