Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 16, 2020 1:38 PM
Nov 2018
Oh my god what a trip.
As someone who had only read a few chapters of Aku no Hana when it was still published and then abandoned it and wanted to pick it up again during the pandemic (covid19 for people of the future) i came across to this story by pure coincidence when I was checking the other works of Oshimi and from among all this one attracted my attention the most, maybe because of the theme of changing bodies and that I liked Kimi no Nawa, but oh man this really subverted my expectations, at first it started as a tipical cliche story where the generic loser falls in love with the beautiful girl but cant bring himself to ask her out but as i was passing the pages things got more and more serious, tetric, disturbing and sad.

I couldn't stop reading chapter after chapter, the story really grabed me to the point of finishing the manga from start to finish in a day and a half (something I had never done)

Maybe it's the hype i feel now, but I consider this a true work of art, the themes, the drawings (especially the characters face expresions), the emotions, everything is perfectly aligned and the conclusion, although somewhat short in my opinion, was very satisfactory.

i really digged the mental issues thematic mostly because it was very consistently told, from childhood traumas to oppressive atmosphere and toxic relations.

now i guess it only remains to read the other works of Oshimi to calm this emptiness that I feel after finishing a story that I really loved.

Thank you for reading.
desmondloganAug 16, 2020 1:43 PM
Aug 16, 2020 1:57 PM
Nov 2018
the only thing i did not like was how poorly the real komori was treated most of the story, he was just an innocent victim caught in all that madness, but at least he returned with his parents and stopped being a useless horny neet which is cool i guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Mari no Naka Chapter 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2015

9 by Adnash »»
May 5, 6:21 AM

» Why can't I purchase Volume 6 in English

ZaraJDay - Apr 8

2 by NotKistofe »»
Apr 8, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Mari no Naka Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naivette - Sep 6, 2016

86 by HibiChika »»
Feb 18, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Boku wa Mari no Naka Chapter 77 Discussion

RediceRyan - Aug 2, 2016

4 by Sanak_ »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Mari no Naka Chapter 59 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2015

10 by Reshiram_IX »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.