Forum Settings
Forums

For people who have started reading the webtoon after seeing the anime, what's your thoughts on it?

New
Jul 29, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
Curious to see thoughts on how newer readers have felt about the webtoon after the anime, especially after the incredibly mixed reception the anime got in general. Has it been a step up, or down, or about the same level as the anime in terms of enjoyment?
Jul 29, 2020 7:04 PM

May 2017
I read the whole thing in about 2 weeks after watching the anime (its insanely bingeable). In my opinion it stayed at about the same level as the anime till the Floor of Death arc which was definitly the weakest of the series for me. But after that one it continuously got better.

Jul 29, 2020 8:37 PM
Apr 2017
So I read all of tower of god and without going into spoilers too much it honestly blows my mind how this series is like the 30 highest manga/manwha of all time on MAL, it is so incredibly average. from chapter 1- 240 ish is like a 9/10 it actually had an interesting plot and then mid-season 2 aka hell train it starts to drop in every possible metric (besides maybe the art which I would say peaked at NHS then) and I would go so far to say late s2 Hidden Floor and early s3 aka Cage is an unintentional camp in terms of dialogue and plot, It gives me DBZ vibes and less HxH vibes, Positions barely matter anymore it's just who deals the biggest blow wins, the character interactions feel so painfully mundane and static it never really improved, the cast feels bland as hell there is not really any truly great characters in this manwha besides maybe Rachel or Hansung in S1, Baam is for the most part just a white piece of bread, Khun went from being cool af to Baam's very own Simp and that power up he got in S3 is laughable, Rak is just comic relief not much more to say, and IDK wtf they did to Hansung but he is just a meme now. The fights are incredibly underwhelming there is like 1 memorable fight scene for me in all 485 chapters, drawing action panels is definitely not SIU's talent, in terms of art I'm not really generally a fan of how webtoons look, besides like Gosu and Solo leveling, ToG has pretty meh art not really my taste but I guess different strokes for different folks, I would prob give it overall a 7/10 a pretty average read.
Jul 30, 2020 12:47 AM

Aug 2019
I really fell in love with the world-building, the lore behind the tower and the combat system of this manhwa. On reading it and uncovering the different mysteries I got invested in the characters. In fact, I thought that the hells train arc was the best in terms of lore and world-building, but the followings arc felt a little off-putting and boring tbh. But I got interested again in the latest arc and I am looking forward to the prince of red light district mystery to be uncovered.
Jul 31, 2020 8:16 AM
May 2018
Great .. and keep getting better and better since the hidden floor arc đź’–
Aug 1, 2020 6:48 PM

Oct 2018
I haven't binged a series this much since Kimetsu no Yaiba and Game of Thrones. The more I climb, the more invested I become with this series. I'm not fully caught up yet, so SIU please don't disappoint me with a mediocre ending.

Aug 2, 2020 12:46 AM
Feb 2019
Its was an amazing ride getting to chapter 485. Whenever a question gets answered two more appear

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 620 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Apr 21

4 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 24, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 619 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Apr 20

2 by Senju-Kun »»
Apr 21, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 618 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 9

2 by Doutei-kun »»
Apr 20, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 607 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Jan 29

9 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 19, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tower of God Chapter 588 Discussion

Poker1st - Sep 10, 2023

6 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 7, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.