Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you believe a reboot will happen?
Jul 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Dec 2009
For the people who haven't read the manga, let me enlighten you to how the anime was a mediocre adaption.
While the main story is all there, with a lazy skip to the ending after the first season with an OVA and no adaption to the latest epilogue ...

The anime's character design was incorrect to the web-manga's gorgeous art, and the overall directing of atmosphere, cinematography, animation and sound track was very bland while failing to capture the pivotal moments of the story properly. The whole of the cast wasn't amazing either from what I personally imagined and interpreted from the characters in the manga but anyway.

As a fan, I really wouldn't mind to get a proper strong faithful reboot adaption one day because TMS Entertainment Studio failed to adapt this manga correctly.
Aug 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
I loved this show so much! its actually so good, I should read the manga

Oct 7, 2020 11:06 AM
Jun 2016
I am a big fan of ReLIFE and I believe it deserves a reboot, but considering that it was not so successful I believe it is difficult to happen.
Oct 7, 2020 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
BetaLinker said:
I am a big fan of ReLIFE and I believe it deserves a reboot, but considering that it was not so successful I believe it is difficult to happen.
Really? I had the impression that the manga sales were great.
Oct 8, 2020 8:41 AM
Feb 2019
Good, I was interested in this, but now atleast I know that I should read the manga instead.
Dec 3, 2020 7:42 AM
Aug 2020
waalex11 said:
For the people who haven't read the manga, let me enlighten you to how the anime was a mediocre adaption.
While the main story is all there, with a lazy skip to the ending after the first season with an OVA and no adaption to the latest epilogue ...

The anime's character design was incorrect to the web-manga's gorgeous art, and the overall directing of atmosphere, cinematography, animation and sound track was very bland while failing to capture the pivotal moments of the story properly. The whole of the cast wasn't amazing either from what I personally imagined and interpreted from the characters in the manga but anyway.

As a fan, I really wouldn't mind to get a proper strong faithful reboot adaption one day because TMS Entertainment Studio failed to adapt this manga correctly.

I loved the manga so much! I actually put off watching the show for a very long time because I worried it would be a letdown. I just started watching and I’ve been trying not to compare too harshly, but I’m definitely glad I opted to finish the manga long before even starting the anime. So to your point: while I haven’t finished the show, I imagine there’s a lot that was cut out to make the storyline of a 230+ chapter manga fit into a 13 episode show, and I’d probably love to see a proper, fleshed-out adaptation as well.
Jan 2, 2021 9:53 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah the anime literally skipped around 3 quarters of the story... big fail there. And then adapted the final scene. So it would be so confusing from an anime-only standpoint. Deserves a reboot, a proper adaptation
Jan 7, 2021 1:29 AM

Nov 2016
waalex11 said:
BetaLinker said:
Really? I had the impression that the manga sales were great.

yes the manga was very successful, i don't know what this guy is talking about (maybe they were referring to the anime?) however if they were referring to the manga then they're very wrong. the story went viral for a bit when it came out because the story and the overall theme are/were very unique to japan, NEETS are a growing social issue there. the anime happened and looked the way it did because of comico, the manga was also published on comico so i'm guessing they had the rights to it or took advantage of the success. the anime had a decent production committee behind it and it was animated by a good studio. I didn't have any issues with the animation but the way they condensed the rest of the story/climax in the final ova was very disrespectful and uncalled for for such a great story. I'm going to assume the 2nd season was rushed and shorten because they didn't really wanna make it since the manga was already popular and it got a live movie adaptation which not a lot of series get so the production committee got their $$$ return on their investment why spend more money on a squeal when a success is not guaranteed. also a movie adaptation is very special, not a lot of stories get this treatment, it only happens when a manga is well known to the public which also unfortunately means no anime reboot
vanillaskynetJan 7, 2021 10:21 AM
Jan 7, 2021 7:26 AM

Dec 2009
@vanillaskynet
I'll continue to hope in the back of my mind that it gets a reboot one day, but thanks for sharing.
May 7, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2021
It's never going to happen. It's not the first and it won't be last anime adaption that suffers from this.

If there is one thing I really dislike about a lot anime studios it is that they don't see things through. I'm happy that we got the 4 OVA's to at least wrap up the story, but it needed a second season, or better yet, a 24-26 episode series from the beginning.

Pretty much every 11-13 episode anime feels too short.
May 7, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
I have never agreed with anything so much in my life. Yes, ReLIFE indeed needs a proper reboot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

519 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.