Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2020 1:36 AM
Jun 2020
From what I've heard that My Hero fandom is fun, but can be very scary and toxic at times. However, I wanna hear your opinions on it.

Jul 26, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2019
I had a couple of forum "conversations" with couple of people from the fandom and I have to say that some of them are toxic on whole 'nother level. Many of them like to compare bnha with other shounen anime but they haven't watched them in the first place and that's very close minded. Some other fandoms have similar problems, it's not bnha exclusively.

Anyway, the one thing I love about bnha fandom are doujin artist who are part of it. Damn, some of the best doujins I've ever stumbled upon are bnha ones. Some of them even had more interesting plot than the series itself (atleast in my opinion).
Jul 26, 2020 4:40 AM

Jul 2017
I try to avoid the fandom like the plague. Really can't be bothered with it. Can't even get a laugh out of the state of it. Way too many times I've had to tell myself "yeah, I didn't see that" lol

Jul 26, 2020 4:47 AM

Feb 2019
I think they are mostly 12 yo kids. They give a tough fight to hunter x hunter fandom in that regards.
Jul 26, 2020 5:01 AM

Dec 2018
I can’t say I’ve had a positive experience with BNHA fans. At best they’ve been annoying, at worst they’ve been downright shitty people. Not saying all fans are awful, but for the most part I don’t have a good experience with fans online. I generally try to stay away from that community now.
Jul 26, 2020 5:25 AM

Sep 2017
Generally have low standards but aside from that are fun
ุฎ
Jul 26, 2020 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
I don't have much experience with other fans outside of /a/ but the constant endeavor, hawks and mirio dick sucking they do in their threads is entertaining.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 26, 2020 6:35 AM

Mar 2020
they have a lot of stupid SJWs that won't shut up about the "sexualization" of female characters. If you don't like it, stop watching anime.

Nonetheless I try to avoid fandoms in general. I just heard the BNHA fandom was super toxic and wanted to check it out. They were not wrong.
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Jul 27, 2020 11:14 PM
Jun 2020
woopWOOOP said:
they have a lot of stupid SJWs that won't shut up about the "sexualization" of female characters. If you don't like it, stop watching anime.

Nonetheless I try to avoid fandoms in general. I just heard the BNHA fandom was super toxic and wanted to check it out. They were not wrong.

I could understand why they'd be upset since they are minors IF they didn't constantly sexualize the boys and don't even bat an eye to it. The stuff I've seen with my own bare eyes is horrifying yet no one really seems to mind.
Idontknow113Jul 27, 2020 11:22 PM
Jul 28, 2020 12:29 AM
Jun 2020
MellowStar said:
Most of them are cancerous.I don't want them to shove their toxic ships down my throat every time.

Most of them are hypocrites for lewding a lot of characters and making them having *** together while also deeming Mineta as the worst character of all-time.

Too overreacting.Every time Horikoshi posts,they'd be complaining about every single damn thing when it's so damn small.Also deeming that one picture of Jirou and Yaoyorozu as gay being canon sucks,I'm fine with homosexual ships but It's.Not.Canon.They can keep it to themselves but not shove it down everyone's throats.

Also,that one Twitter user complaining about ONE.SINGLE.FRAME.that was not even important.Then saying "If you don't think this is bad animation,then I'm sorry,but you have very low standards for animation.",and then almost everyone who saw the tweet looking like they're just bandwagoning the thing.The worst part about that is that they just colored the manga panel and they say "I have done more justice to this than Studio Bones ever did.".

But on the plus side,they have great animatics,fanart,and some really chill people in the fandom.I like how they portray My Hero Academia characters' personality in the videos.I appreciate their effort here.But I will still avoid them.

I find it funny how some fans just focus on one main thing while completely ignoring more important stuff. Like that one frame drama. It was ONE. FRAME. Not to mention that Studio Bones has done a lot of great stuff and their animation can be very beautiful. Also with Mineta and the weird gross ship stuff. Idk man the fandoms weird yet it does have its set of great people.
Jul 28, 2020 12:36 AM

Jun 2015
The worst part are the people who complain about shipping and make a big deal out of nothing.

Please stop and let those people have fun.

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Jul 28, 2020 12:39 AM
Jun 2020
They're just annoying.
Jul 28, 2020 4:31 AM

Mar 2020
Idontknow113 said:
woopWOOOP said:

I could understand why they'd be upset since they are minors IF they didn't constantly sexualize the boys and don't even bat an eye to it. The stuff I've seen with my own bare eyes is horrifying yet no one really seems to mind.

i get that too but its just drawings. who cares. they don't even look like minors that much.
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Aug 17, 2020 11:25 AM

Dec 2018
It’s a cesspool so far. And we can all tell that about 60% of them are aged 12-16. Probably because MHA was the first anime that they’ve seen but still, they have ruined the whole fandom for us.

Not to mention that they’ve sent death threats to the creator so that their ships will become canon. All round shitty people. But there are a few who are actually decent but they’re harder to find since most of them are so obnoxious.

Aug 17, 2020 11:43 AM

Oct 2018
haven't rlly had any convos with the hardcore fans, only the lighter ones. from what I can tell, the only genres they watch r shounen/action, consider todoroki or bakugo top tier husbandos (which I mean they're pretty cool characters but like imo there r way better characters from other anime, then again my taste in anime guys can b considered basic as well with kageyama being one of my top tier husbandos so can't rlly judge on that aspect), and they usually they don't watch anything that came out before the year 2010 except ouran which is one of the only non shounen/action shows they've watched. imo they should try to watch more genres except shounen/action before saying that's their favorite genre, as there are so many other good anime from other genres out there which they haven't watched because they refuse to watch anything which isn't shounen/action.

More topics from this board

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

15 by Sir_Zedmore »»
Yesterday, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

296 by TheVistrian »»
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.