Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys include anime you watched as a kid on your lists?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2020 6:39 PM

Jul 2019
Unless I watched it very recently, I generally don't add childhood anime to my watched list. Plan to watch, sure, but not completed.
Jul 27, 2020 6:51 PM
Jun 2020
No. My logic is if I have I didn't complete the series and I don't even know what episodes I watched then it shouldn't be on my list. If we were to go with what the poster said at which was 6-13. If I'm 11 wouldn't that mean I would either have all or none of the anime on my list?
Jul 28, 2020 5:11 AM

Aug 2015
Only if I'm confident I've seen all of the series, or at least 95% of it, which means no in reality
Jul 31, 2020 6:15 AM
Apr 2020
Not all the time. I mean, I've watch DBZ, Naruto, Slamdunk but I never include it on my list because I didn't watch it full time.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
Jul 31, 2020 6:40 AM

Jun 2020
I keep seeing people who've added Doraemon to their completed lists which means they've apparently seen all 1787 episodes of the show and I just can't seem to buy it. I myself may have watched episodes of Doraemon almost everyday for a little less than half of the time I've been alive and definitely watched 1000 or 1200 or even close to 1400-1500 episodes of it, I still couldn't say that I've completed it but there's people claiming they've watched the entirety of it, and unless they actually binged the show after really getting into anime as opposed to watching it in their childhood, there's probably a zero chance that they've actually watched all of it. Most people just went "oh yeah doraemon, watched a hell lot of it as a kid, let me add it to my completed, that's an ez 1787 episode count increase on my profile as well, ohohohoho smart". Not saying I care but I might.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 31, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Not really, i just watch episodes here and there, i haven't fully completed those series which are targeted towards children. Therefore it's no point adding it in my list.
Jul 31, 2020 7:32 AM

Nov 2019
I include them. My list is already cluttered, so adding 4 or 5 anime from the early 80s doesn't hurt. It's not like I'm going to go rewatch Astro Boy to make sure I saw every episode though. I probably did see them all even though I can't remember. If you had a tv with 5-10 channels in the 80s, you know what it was like where everything felt like a rerun at some point. Those sunny/windy boring Sundays when half the stuff on tv was church or wrestling, neither of which I was into... That's the only part of my list that's a little inaccurate. No biggie.
Jul 31, 2020 7:39 AM

Sep 2017
only if I have no intent of going back to it and I watched a lot of it. I'm like 80% sure I watched all of Sonic X, so I consider it completed. I definitely did not finish Pokemon XY but I have no interest in going back so whatever it's completed in my eyes.

Stuff like Bakugan and earlier Pokemon seasons I know I watched plenty of but I wanna watch em in full eventually so they're in PTW
Aug 24, 2020 6:43 PM
Jul 2020
I wouldn't add an anime that I haven't fully watched or know well as a kid. It would just be pointless stats that can fk with your list.
kiwixcokeAug 24, 2020 11:33 PM
Aug 24, 2020 8:29 PM

Jul 2020
No, but only because a lot of the anime I watched when I was younger (that wasn't ghibli movies) I dropped after 3 or 4 episodes... yeah I had the attention span of a goldfish back then lmao

If i go back and finish them, then I'll add them to my list

HYPED for Monster Hunter Rise! (wish March 26th would come sooner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I regret to inform you I'm actually terrible at monster hunter lmao
Aug 24, 2020 9:58 PM

Sep 2014
Yes, except for DBZ and Sailor Moon I didn't finish them because YTV didn't air all the episodes back then?

« »
๐Ÿ”ฎ Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Aug 24, 2020 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Yes because I've watched every pokemon movie pretty much 3 times but I still don't have them rated
Aug 24, 2020 10:36 PM

Aug 2018
I included them into my list but I have also went back & rewatched them so I can rate them properly. Some cases the series aged very poorly from memory so it is better to redo it all even if nostalgic value is still there.

ใ€ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ใ€‘
ใ€ ๐’๐ž๐ญ ๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฆ๐จ๐œ๐ก๐ข ใ€‘
โ‹†โบ๏ฝกหšโ‹†ห™โ€งโ‚Šโ˜ฝ โ—ฏ โ˜พโ‚Šโ€งห™โ‹†หš๏ฝกโบโ‹†
If you don't know how to live on,
then live on for me

ๅฆ‚ๆžœไธ็Ÿฅ่ฆๆ€Ž้บผ่ฉฑไธ‹ๅŽป, ้‚ฃๅฐฑ็‚บไบ†ๆˆ‘่€Œ่ฉฑไธ‹ๅŽปๅง

Aug 25, 2020 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
i mean, i started this list as a kid

so yeah
Aug 26, 2020 3:25 PM

Aug 2020
I only count them if I finished them. I caught a lot of stray episodes of shows on Toonami and I remember reading a couple of volumes of Blue Exorcist, but listing those would probably give off the wrong impression... and would be too much of a hassle.
โฑหข แต—สฐแต‰ แต’สณแตˆแต‰สณ แตƒ แดพโฑแต‰สณสณแต’แต—?

Sep 6, 2020 2:27 PM

Jun 2019
I only add the original Pokemon anime in my list from my childhood... I don't include the anime wich I watch in my childhood because I haven't finished them completely... Most of the time I just left them in the half or rather they stopped broadcasting on TV....
Sep 6, 2020 2:36 PM

Mar 2019
Yes i do, even though i never finished them.

Sometimes i think i should watch those anime again, but i just can't seem to put it to action.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Sep 6, 2020 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
if I remember it, its on there.

why wouldnt I
Sep 6, 2020 3:43 PM

Jan 2008
Yes. Like Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Ninja Scrolls, Tenchi in Love, etc. Why wouldn't I include those?! Watched those all on VHS!
๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ. ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. ๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ.
Sep 6, 2020 3:50 PM

Dec 2018
No; for example, I've not included any Studio Ghibli films, not because I've never watched them, but I haven't watched them recently enough to properly rate them relative to anime that I have freshly experienced, to see how they hold up. I've watched Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery Service, yet it's been years since I've watched or rewatched any of them. I also don't add anime that I never completed in the past; Pokemon Season 1 and Yugioh Duel Monsters are examples, as I've only caught episodes here and there as a child without watching, and thus knowing the whole narrative. Frankly I don't think they would appeal to my current tastes though, given the formulaic nature of both shows.
"I saw the Emperor - this soul of the world - go out from the city to survey his reign; it is a truly wonderful sensation to see such an individual, who, concentrating on one point while seated on a horse, stretches over the world and dominates it."
Sep 6, 2020 5:17 PM

Mar 2017
I do include them in my list, but I don't score them if I don't remember enough.
Sep 6, 2020 5:50 PM

Apr 2020
Yeh dude. I've gone back and rewatched most of them as an adult but I've included ones I haven't rewatched too
Salty-GBSep 6, 2020 6:03 PM
Sep 6, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Of course. I want me them sweet stats. I don't remember shit about Naruto.
Sep 6, 2020 6:24 PM
Dec 2014
List? What list? ;P

[To be honest, anime I've watched as a list is probably one of the reason I've never made any list.. it would be pretty darn hard to maintain any kind of score consistency]
Sep 6, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2020
I don't because I don't remember much about them and I never finished it. I just sat in front of the tv watching anime without even knowing it
Sep 6, 2020 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
If I completed it sure. But not for shows I seen only a handful of episodes of.
Sep 7, 2020 3:00 AM

Apr 2017
Of course I did, why wouldn't I have? When I decided to get properly into anime I scraped the confines and corners of my mind for every last anime anything I had ever watched up to that point, and compiled my list accordingly. I'd never say G-rated or anything from my childhood in general "doesn't count", and I won't be put off something just because it's family-friendly. Let all stories be told. Anyway, I say that's that.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
2 minutes ago

» Visual Novels โ€” General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
8 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
18 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by Phloup »»
18 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme youโ€™re biased to

nishant0 - 1 hour ago

8 by ToG25thBaam »»
18 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.