Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 11, 2020 2:26 AM

Dec 2018
It’s been on my mind for a while, how can one watch this and not find it cringe? For example the "nude calendar". How is that supposed to be funny? 3 seconds into second episode and already felt like dropping it lmao. I really just need to know what people find funny about this show? Not trying to be mean or anything just......tell me. Because that weird character artstyle is not helping a bit.
ReaperCZJul 11, 2020 2:36 AM
Jul 11, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2020
Idk man I thought the first episode was pretty funny lmao even though I thought the first season's humour was kinda meh.

Idk maybe it's just more familiarity with the characters. Plus I kinda like situations where characters that are usually depicted in a serious fashion are shown in a comedic and light-hearted fashion.

For example, the shinmon bit from ep1 was one of my favourite comedy segments of the series.

Well everyone knows humour is pretty subjective. I've personally hated humour in some shows like NGNL but people loved it so it's all about individual tastes.

So it's just a matter of whether you like it or not, asking how other people can find it funny and not cringe isn't really a valid question to make.

I've liked the first two eps so far btw. I hope I didn't sound offended.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 11, 2020 2:55 AM

Dec 2018
spectrojan said:
Idk man I thought the first episode was pretty funny lmao even though I thought the first season's humour was kinda meh.

Idk maybe it's just more familiarity with the characters. Plus I kinda like situations where characters that are usually depicted in a serious fashion are shown in a comedic and light-hearted fashion.

For example, the shinmon bit from ep1 was one of my favourite comedy segments of the series.

Well everyone knows humour is pretty subjective. I've personally hated humour in some shows like NGNL but people loved it so it's all about individual tastes.

So it's just a matter of whether you like it or not, asking how other people can find it funny and not cringe isn't really a valid question to make.

I've liked the first two eps so far btw. I hope I didn't sound offended.
Not at all, thanks for your reply/reasoning. My problem with the humor of FF is that it’s getting repeated way too much. The same one thing that made Kimetsu no Yaiba less enjoyable.
Jul 11, 2020 3:44 AM

Apr 2018
Humor is 100% subjective.

That's pretty all there is to say.
Jul 11, 2020 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
ReaperCZ said:
Silveryo said:
then drop it lol fuck off
Literally the best part about this is how offended people get xd.

That's... not a good reason to continue a show. But, hey, some people have more free time than others.

Anyway, humor is subjective -- there is your answer.
Jul 11, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2019
You know, naked calendars are also made in real life, it's not surprising to anyone. Athletes and firefighters often do something like that for charity. Here they did it humorously. Humor it is quite specific but funny.For me, the characters and the story are always more important, and here everything is at a high level. An additional plus for animation and music.

Jul 11, 2020 8:37 AM
Jul 2019
ReaperCZ said:
It’s been on my mind for a while, how can one watch this and not find it cringe? For example the "nude calendar". How is that supposed to be funny? 3 seconds into second episode and already felt like dropping it lmao. I really just need to know what people find funny about this show? Not trying to be mean or anything just......tell me. Because that weird character artstyle is not helping a bit.

I dont find it funny too, but i dont dislike the show. I think the setting for this anime is pretty cool, but the characters are just cringe(that smile from shinra is an example or the knight thing of Boyle) and our main characters are mostly boring(my favorite one is a support character, Benimaru). For me this show isn't amazing in any level other than the animation, a solid 5/10 in the other aspects. About the "dont f* watch the show"... just because i dont like all the aspects of an anime does not mean i'm a hater or i'm not enjoying my time with the show, usually a gave scores less than 5 to shows that fail to entertain me. So chill out everyone, different person usually means different opinions and that's totally fine.
Jul 11, 2020 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
I got a whole 11 minutes in before I cut it off. I can't even recall the humor. That said I agree with what others have said, just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it is unfunny overall. subjective is subjective.
Jul 11, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2019
I can't recall any humor this season tho
But I can assure that last season humor are terrible, cringy
So far it's quite enjoyable this season
Jul 11, 2020 1:44 PM

Sep 2019
Well, i know it's cringey but still bearable. On the bright side, this is so much better than Katekyo Hitman's humour.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jul 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Dec 2010
I find it hilarious also people get way too offended over the humor in this series.
Feb 8, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
I mean, how the hell can someone find the scenes in the first episode to be cringy :-o ! They balanced both seriousness and comedy perfectly in this episode, the best thing was that the comedy didn't feel forced. But then, ig some people aren't satisfied no matter what they are offered, so yeah, just go ahead and drop it, no one's forcing you to grind through it lol

Feb 1, 2023 10:54 AM
Sep 2016
imagine an anime so bad, that it forces you to switch to the dreaded DUB and watch in on the 2nd screen.
Only watching it with the peripheral of one eye and only as a noise maker while intensely gaming DRG or Vermintide2, meaning 96% of your attention is on the game.
Fire Force is that to me.
Feb 1, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
I thought it was just fairly standard anime humor, nothing to really make a big deal about one way or the other. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 1, 2023 11:06 AM

Jul 2017
Think of the target audience; there's your answer.

Jul 4, 2023 3:33 AM
Jun 2023
Abderiko said:

nah it’s able to clearly denote when something is unfunny and trash don’t try to use rationality as a defense mechanism to stand up for this unhinged rubbish the only people who would find some what was predominantly displayed in show funny is idiotic 14 year olds im not even talking about the fanservice just the humor and general like in the last episode where the 7th captain was dragging them from a carriage on the ground like haha we get it still corny 😭
Jul 15, 2023 12:50 AM

Apr 2018
Whyyouask said:
Abderiko said:

nah it’s able to clearly denote when something is unfunny and trash don’t try to use rationality as a defense mechanism to stand up for this unhinged rubbish the only people who would find some what was predominantly displayed in show funny is idiotic 14 year olds im not even talking about the fanservice just the humor and general like in the last episode where the 7th captain was dragging them from a carriage on the ground like haha we get it still corny 😭
"don't try to use rationality" and that's exactly what you're doing lmao
Jul 22, 2023 10:24 PM
Jun 2023
Abderiko said:
Whyyouask said:
"don't try to use rationality" and that's exactly what you're doing lmao
In what way or form am I using rationality? Lol I wanna hear this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

125 by Humaneky »»
Apr 27, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.