Forum Settings
Forums

What's the worst anime movie you have ever seen?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2020 7:26 PM

Aug 2018
As a fan of Fairy Tail,

Fairy Tail Dragon Cry is the worst movie i ever seen in my life, pointless story and mostly focus in fanservice
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 26, 2020 7:37 PM

Aug 2012
when Marnie was there. The only good is the animation.
Jun 26, 2020 8:06 PM

Oct 2019
Ni no kuni from past season was so bad it was funny.
Jun 26, 2020 9:07 PM

Jun 2016
5 Centimeters Per Second.
I wouldn't really say it's that bad, really. It just didn't do anything for me. Like, at all.
Jun 26, 2020 9:29 PM
May 2019
Paprika... And....... Unmmmmm.... Paprika. I found it very boring.
Jun 27, 2020 9:01 AM

Nov 2019
mawgi said:

I was thinking about watching this one a while back. Would this be a good watch if I was looking for a hate-watch?
Jun 27, 2020 12:40 PM

Jun 2020
I really liked Angel's Egg, one of the most unique experiences I ever had watching a movie.

I dont know if it counts but Ichi the Killer animated version only about 45 mins long. The animation and script just brings down a Joker esque story idea that could have been good/sick/brutal all at once.
Jun 27, 2020 12:56 PM

Apr 2020
Your Name the plot is intreasting but except the final part of the movie the rest seemed like just another romance anime also it felt like they forced it to be bigger and if they had removed the 20 % of the movie it wouldn't make a difference.
pk8listJun 27, 2020 1:16 PM
Jun 27, 2020 1:34 PM

Oct 2019
Oreo_Cheesecake said:
mawgi said:

I was thinking about watching this one a while back. Would this be a good watch if I was looking for a hate-watch?
at some point I had to skip some parts cause they were hilarious (not in the good way) but if you dont mind, yeah, I recommend to watch it for the laughs
Jun 27, 2020 1:36 PM

Jun 2020
Mario_Isla said:
when Marnie was there. The only good is the animation.

Came here to comment this one! The main character is very easy to dislike, the pacing is wonky and that twist was one of the worst twists I've seen in any media. The animation was beautiful though.
Jun 27, 2020 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
Ao Oni (Movie) - a 3D movie with a good story, good horror scenes but bad characters and bad animation
No Game No Life: Zero - instead of making a movie to expand the NGNL unisverse, they made a movie that has nothing to do with the originaland with dumb characters
Blood: The Last Vampire - it looks like the second film in a trilogy that lacks the first and third film
Jun 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Oct 2008
Ao no Exorcist the movie.

The anime wasn't much better. Especially the season 2.
Jun 27, 2020 2:40 PM

Nov 2018
The bunny girl senpai movie. The plot was really dumb and the drama was so forced and bad that it was laughable. It was also very poorly animated.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Jun 27, 2020 4:45 PM

Sep 2018
For me it Your Name.
Honestly I do not get the hype about it. I found it a boring 2 hours of my life I will never get back
Jun 27, 2020 7:21 PM

Nov 2019
mawgi said:
Oreo_Cheesecake said:

at some point I had to skip some parts cause they were hilarious (not in the good way) but if you dont mind, yeah, I recommend to watch it for the laughs

Alright thanks, I'll consider watching it sometime in the future. If you have any other *interesting* anime movies, please share
Jun 27, 2020 11:51 PM
Apr 2020
I don't remember the name of movie because i watched it when i was still a kid, most of it are from Naruto and Bleach movie.

But in recent, the worst movie i've watched maybe Code Geass The Resurrection of Lelouch, the story is nothing but repeating the same formula, and they turned the mecha robot to CGI.
Jun 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Oct 2017
Mine was Garden of Words because I don't remember anything from it.
Jun 28, 2020 1:19 AM
Jul 2017
Your Name!! It was just a Overhyped Romance which I don't know hy became so famous
Jun 28, 2020 10:50 AM

Nov 2019
NamikazeHime said:
The abomination that's named Master of Ragnarok.

Wasn't Master of Ragnarok a TV series?
Jun 28, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
Nerawareta Gakuen, so close to being unwatchable. my memory of it is like an overwhelming fever dream that i forgot completely after waking up.
and i guess

that i just don't know
Jun 28, 2020 11:13 AM

Nov 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Oreo_Cheesecake said:

Wasn't Master of Ragnarok a TV series?

There is an anime named Master of Ragnarok and.. damn it I didn't care enough to remember the name of it. Here it is.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37446/Hyakuren_no_Haou_to_Seiyaku_no_Valkyria

Oh yeah, this anime. Totally agree, it's absolute garbage. However, this thread is mainly made to share about terrible anime movies. If you got any of those please do share. Planning on watching a bunch of them over the summer
Jun 28, 2020 12:07 PM

Jul 2019
Oreo_Cheesecake said:
NamikazeHime said:

There is an anime named Master of Ragnarok and.. damn it I didn't care enough to remember the name of it. Here it is.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37446/Hyakuren_no_Haou_to_Seiyaku_no_Valkyria

Oh yeah, this anime. Totally agree, it's absolute garbage. However, this thread is mainly made to share about terrible anime movies. If you got any of those please do share. Planning on watching a bunch of them over the summer

Looks like I misread the title.
Why would you torture yourself like that?
Jun 28, 2020 12:19 PM
Aug 2017
Clannad movie is the absolutely Terrible.

also Fire Works, the plot had no sense.
Jun 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Jan 2020
Haven't seen many movies but Tales From Earthsea left me confused and disappointed. Can't even remember most of what happened because I was pretty disinterested for the most part.
avatar taken from twitter: @mery__S2_
Jun 28, 2020 12:51 PM

Nov 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Oreo_Cheesecake said:

Because masochism is the way to go :3
Plus I have too much time on my hands. Might as well find something *interesting*
Jun 28, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2019
Oreo_Cheesecake said:
NamikazeHime said:

Plus I have too much time on my hands. Might as well find something *interesting*

Well that's a valid reason. I can't remember any anime movie that's really bad, but OVAs from this guy will make your eyes suffer.
Jun 28, 2020 1:13 PM
Feb 2020
RedVelvet930 said:
End of Evangelion. To this very day, I still have no idea what I was watching on that fateful night.

Evangelism everything, I still have no idea what the hell was going on, but I loved it lol. Makes no sense but so good.
Jun 28, 2020 1:52 PM

Nov 2019
NamikazeHime said:
Oreo_Cheesecake said:

Well that's a valid reason. I can't remember any anime movie that's really bad, but OVAs from this guy will make your eyes suffer.

Oh yes. Thank you for providing such exquisitely interesting content. I will take note on watching his works. Ty
Jun 28, 2020 3:16 PM

Apr 2019
IHAVEWAIFUS said:
No Game No Life: Zero - instead of making a movie to expand the NGNL unisverse, they made a movie that has nothing to do with the originaland with dumb characters
It's a prequel, the origins story of how the game world came to pass. Wouldn't call that unrelated.
IHAVEWAIFUS said:
Blood: The Last Vampire - it looks like the second film in a trilogy that lacks the first and third film
Strong disagree, it's one of the best anime movies ever made. It's from the CLAMP universe and spawned 2 TV series and another movie there. Insofar it is part of something bigger, however was the first of it's sub-branch in the graph and can very well be watched stand alone without losing anything.

Jun 28, 2020 9:37 PM

Dec 2018
Maybe i want to eat your pancreas. This is because this movie is like an imitation of your lie in april but with a bland main character and also a heroine that is always genki, I mean there is no compelling reason why heroine is pursuing the mc because he is just a quiet person who is accidentally encountered? . to be honest after I saw this film I felt something was missing, it was like a story written by elementary school children because the story was too simple. But this movie has a good animation. and yes i think this movie is overrated.
"Anime Was a Mistake."- God

Jun 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2016
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Probably Hells, I lost a ton of brain cells watching it, that I almost called 911 instead for an ambulance.

Came to post that one. That thing was so awful, I just had to drop it. You know a movie is unsanely bad when you have to do that.
:v
Jun 30, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2018
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost
Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen

anime makers don't seem to have the tiniest respect to the original source. But even if I forget for a second how they butchered both Mass Effect and Dragon Age universe, those two are still shitty movies by themselves.
Jun 30, 2020 6:44 PM

Aug 2018
RedVelvet930 said:
End of Evangelion. To this very day, I still have no idea what I was watching on that fateful night.

Same here, i have no idea what is the meaning of that movie, even the slightest.
Jun 30, 2020 10:06 PM

Jan 2020
The worst I've watched is Hal but it wasn't even that bad. I gave it a 6 which deters quite a bit from the community rating of a 7.53. Even though the animation quality was pretty good, I felt that the pacing and the story really sort of lacked the ability to keep the audience watching and intrigued.

I stopped half-way through because I got bored and usually I'm capable of completing a movie all the way through without stopping. The directing just felt like it was all over the place and the overall plot, while interesting, didn't really evoke anything within me. Perhaps that was because I failed to catch onto things but even after reading people's interpretations, it still just felt very bland and I came to realize that it just sort of failed to stick to a steady narrative.
Jul 1, 2020 10:40 AM
May 2020
Fireworks, should we see it from the side or bottom? It was good I would say until the last 20 minutes. It got very confusing and downright weird. Not to mention the end made no sense.
Jul 1, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37897/Godzilla_3__Hoshi_wo_Kuu_Mono
The third Godzilla movie- the first two were alright, but they were bad too. But the third... it was on a whole new level of bad-

“Life is like a mountain – you can say you’ve reached the top, but only after climbing back down.”

“Happiness depends on each person. If you think you’re happy, then you must be happy.”

“Anime – it’s not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.”

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hentai Tags ( 1 2 )

HentaixxHunter - May 16, 2022

90 by Anjuro »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - Yesterday

37 by otakuclub94 »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Drinking Games

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

9 by LNW_R92CP »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

22 by Shizuna »»
24 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

68 by tectacles »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.