Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2020 7:40 PM
Dec 2017
the majority don't realize yet that this is not an (Isekai with a twist) like some people call it, this is a whole different thing.
the Otome games genre is already saturated in the manga, there are probably as many Otome games as there are Isekai.
so there is two a fate I see for this genre,
either japan will start adapting every Otome game to anime so a few years from now people will probably start calling every otome game generic, and probably people will start to hate this type.
or they will slow it down and only adapt a few otome games so it won't be saturated.
May 7, 2020 7:53 PM

Mar 2010
Love the Otome and Villainess genre so I really hope we get more
May 7, 2020 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
You're confusing otome games with otome game themed isekai. That's like calling generic isekai "JRPGs".
May 7, 2020 8:07 PM
Dec 2017
HeruruMeruru said:
You're confusing otome games with otome game themed isekai. That's like calling generic isekai "JRPGs".

nope, I'm not talking about the otome games videogames, I'm talking about otome games MANGA.
it's like calling a JRPGs Isekai an "Isekai", and this makes sense

if you did understand the meaning of this, please discuss the actual topic of this thread
May 8, 2020 2:22 PM

Sep 2015
I don't see a huge problem at all. Shoujo anime already exists and share many of the same basic themes as Otome games.
In fact When the story of a Otome game is directly ported to manga or anime, it's called Shojo.
Being meta about it and literally present a Otome game in an anime wouldn't change the underlying themes. Especially if these Otome-themed series stick to placing the MC in the heroine role, then it is basically progressing the exact same way as a otome game, ie a shoujo plot line.
Alternatively, the Otome-game may act as a backdrop for a real-life romance. Which still isn't much different from what we already see.

There's plenty of shoujo out there already but not enough to saturate the anime market so I doubt adding a subgenre in to the mix will cause any issues.

As for genres, this is definitely an Isekai, just a Otome-themed Isekai. Just like how there are plenty of MMORPG-themed Isekai
zcv45May 8, 2020 2:25 PM
May 9, 2020 12:06 AM

Aug 2016
MAL is oversaturated with anime onlies (Troublesome fools the lot of them). So most don't know Otome Viliness Isekai is a genre in itself instead of being "an isekai with a twist" and is a pretty common genre in Manga and LNs. I do hope the genre becomes more common in the anime medium. There are some good series like this out there. Otome Flag Destruction is one of the best among them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.