Forum Settings
Forums

Why becoming a good person make you a bad character?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2020 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
NO_U_ETC said:
Why becoming a good person make you a bad character?

Excuse me? What?
Is this really a thing? I must be out of the loop or something... Can you please explain?
The thread itself make it clear with all the reply here. People think that being kind make you a static character with no flaw even though that's not necessary the case at all.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 10, 2020 4:21 AM

Oct 2008
What's wrong with it are two things:

Its hard to relate to. Although not impossible.

More importantly its boring. I tire of the
naive, good natured and idealistic mc. That thinks, if everyone tries we all can get along. Being incorruptible, holding true to his own ideals about what's right and what's not. And forcing everyone who thinks differently to change.
May 10, 2020 10:44 AM

Oct 2018
NeoAnkara said:
NO_U_ETC said:

Excuse me? What?
Is this really a thing? I must be out of the loop or something... Can you please explain?
The thread itself make it clear with all the reply here. People think that being kind make you a static character with no flaw even though that's not necessary the case at all.

So, in other words, the MC being "kind" will get them stuck into a typecast?
████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
████░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░████
████░░▄██████████░░░░░░██▀░░░▀██▄░░████
████░░███████████░░░░░░█▄░░▀░░▄██░░████
█████░░▀▀███████░░░██░░░██▄▄▄█▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░░▄▄▀░░░████░░░▀▄▄░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░█▄░░░█████
█████░░░▀▀█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▀▀░░█████
██████░░░░░▀█▄░░█░░█░░░█░░█▄▀░░░░██▀▀▀▀
▀░░░▀██▄░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▄▄
▄▄▄░░░▀▀██▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███░░░▄██▄
██████▄▄░░▀█████▀█████▀██████▀▀░░▄█████
██████████▄░░▀▀█▄░░░░░▄██▀▀▀░▄▄▄███▀▄██
May 10, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2012
NO_U_ETC said:
NeoAnkara said:

So, in other words, the MC being "kind" will get them stuck into a typecast?
That's what most of people think from this thread at least.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 10, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
Becoming a good person doesn't make one a bad character. But a bad writing does. Like when a character is written to only have goodness in them...and nothing else... And you could also say the same thing about villains or bad people, if the only thing they have for themselves is being bad... with no reason... they're just bad...then are they not a bad character?

There's nothing wrong with helping people in need, or being friendly, forgiving others, not killing anyone, etc... What's wrong is when that same person only ever shown kindness and not much else. They never felt hurt, they never did anything bad, not even once in their life, they're basically have no flaws and just kind...and nothing else...this kind of thing makes a character bad... Imho.
May 10, 2020 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
What's wrong with helping people in need? What's wrong with being friendly? What's wrong with forgiving other? What's wrong with not killing people? What's wrong with valuing friendship? What's wrong with just being nice people all around?

Nothing, only edgelords hate kind characters and think killing someone is an easy thing.
And there are a quit a lot of edgelords around in the anime community.

Chiibi said:
I feel kindness is vastly underrated in anime...though it is best to give a character good AND bad traits because they should still be a person. And people are not perfect beings.

But being TOO kind can have its faults (people like to ignore this) because then others can take advantage of the character.

^ this.
But I like it when the "others can take adventage over them" over them isn't portrayed as something inherently good.
May 10, 2020 1:56 PM
Oct 2019
That's 100% false, being a good person doesn't dictate anything about a character, you can be a good person and a good character, for example thors from vinland saga, is a FUCKING AMAZING CHARACTER by all mergers, if you have watched vinland saga you would agree with me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How many hentai's you have watched? And which one's your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Anjumhossain - Oct 9, 2022

51 by Spunkert »»
9 minutes ago

» we already have anime about 30 year old men so why not anime about 30 year old moms be the next trend?

tappioca - 2 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

35 by shiro-seishun »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime you wished could be forgotten

ST63LTH - May 4

20 by Cronosmu »»
27 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

55 by NubFix »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.