Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2020 10:29 PM
Sep 2019
This show would be 20x better if he wasn't in. Personally, I don't like him because he is Taiga's interest for 90% of the show, and he stays cucking her the whole ass time. I feel like he effectively makes other good characters worse.
Also, his rebellious phase is the worst arc... one of the worst arcs I have seen in anime. i just don't understand the point of twisting his character to the point where he doesn't seem natural afterward.

I would love to hear your opinions on him
Apr 5, 2020 12:44 AM
Dec 2017
I mean, most of the characters except Ryuji are shit. Minori gets a pass for being necessary comic relief.
Apr 5, 2020 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Don't hate on megane-kuns! Just don't!
Apr 6, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2013
Yeah, gotta agree with this, his character become so weird after his rebellious phase, his character become so forced and it's become a pain in the ass to watch him...
Apr 13, 2020 7:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
All chara here are so shit, except ofc Taiga, my little angel. Thats all i can say
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 26, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
Totally agree about Kitamura. He knew how Taiga felt the whole time and let her repeatedly stress the f out anyways. He even egged her on at times. That's dick.
Apr 26, 2020 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
hes shit along with all the other characters in the show
Apr 26, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
To be fair, the only interesting characters in that show are Ami and Minori.
Apr 26, 2020 4:23 AM
Oct 2018
housewarehouse said:
This show would be 20x better if he wasn't in. Personally, I don't like him because he is Taiga's interest for 90% of the show, and he stays cucking her the whole ass time. I feel like he effectively makes other good characters worse.
Also, his rebellious phase is the worst arc... one of the worst arcs I have seen in anime. i just don't understand the point of twisting his character to the point where he doesn't seem natural afterward.

I agree. When that shinpachi lookalike dyed his hair acting like a retard I was like just end this arc and move on.
Jun 5, 2020 4:34 PM
Sep 2019
Dull_Lull said:

Minori isn't interesting in the slightest though
Jun 6, 2020 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
housewarehouse said:
Dull_Lull said:

Minori isn't interesting in the slightest though

Except she is.

thirty character limit or whatever
Jun 8, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan 2010
Dull_Lull said:
This. Minori is best girl.

In my first viewing i liked Kitamura and even related to him to an extent. 10 years later i actually hate him lol No real character and didn't contribute as much to the story as i remember.
Jun 8, 2020 11:51 PM

Jul 2019
jacksondawg25 said:
I mean, most of the characters except Ryuji are shit. Minori gets a pass for being necessary comic relief.

Completely agree with this one. Ryuji's existance saved the entire series for me.
May 3, 2021 10:21 AM
Jul 2019
perfectlist said:

I didnt really like him nor hate him.
Imagine yourself in the following situation :
"You ask 'X' out but get rejected , 'Y' helps you . 2 yrs pass , you love 'Y' now , 'X' comes in and asks you out , you friendzone her , bunch of stuff happens after this , months later 'X' and 'Y' beat the shit outta each other , when exacty? on the day of 'Y's' graduation , after realizing that 'Y' likes you too ."

Cannot really hate him after this .

I personally liked the blue haired female characters (monori and prez) the most of the whole cast , coz their actions made sense.
May 8, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2021
*******I'm not good at making speeches :/ bare with me here****

***I will be using the Netflix episode names ***

*Sigh* you're missing the point.... I'm currently on my 6th watch through of the show and even tho Kitanaura is my LEAST favorite character out of the main cast, I'm kinda glad he's there.

Maybe watch Episode 2 (Taiga and Ryuji) again. You have the scene where Taiga confesses to Yu-saku, but this time HE turns her down. This scene might have been confusing because in episode 4 (That Look You Had) he still had a picture of Taiga with him.

So I believe episode 2 is where he finally lets her go

Now that his confusing intro is over, we can see he's the first person to realize Taiga and Ryuji would make a great couple, "You two make a good team"

"Huh? Who's a team?" (Episode 9)

Yu-saku spends the majority of the show pushing the Tiger and Dragon's relationship in "subtle" ways until about episode 15.

Now the thing I don't really like about him and what I think most people would agree with is the fact that

1. He ALWAYS butts in at the wrong time
2. He still kinda leads Taiga on making her feel like she still has a chance even after he rejected her. :/

ANYWAYS, my final point as to why he's not absolute crap is because of he wasn't there there wouldn't be any need for Kihara and whatever the blue haired chic's name is, which would be no Haruta and Noto, and the show would just be an everyday harem anime where Taiga Minori and Ami like Ryuji for no god dang reason and it would suck.
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
May 10, 2021 9:32 AM
Apr 2021
I drop this show becauss of him I guess. At episode 15 he makes things mess just because he doesn't get what he wanted. Like wha
May 12, 2021 8:18 PM
Feb 2021
I just find his character weird. I dont know what they were trying to do with that one scene where he walks in front of the other characters with just a towel, that was horrible. Like is he that airheaded but also confident to pull that type of stuff but cant ask a girl out? And he isnt that dumb either. I think he understands Aisaka's feelings but doesnt address them at all.

I dont know, not a fan.
bullseye_22May 12, 2021 10:05 PM
May 12, 2021 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't like him either but he's just one of many all-too perfect characters in anime. School idol, class president, strong, fit, super-intelligent etc etc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.