Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 9:04 AM

Jun 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised this doesn't have a single thread on MyAnimeList. With the ending of GaoGaiGar FINAL being so controversial, I would have expected more people to look for a sequel.

The novel this comic is based on was written by one of the writers of GaoGaiGar, so it is the actual canon continuation of GaoGaiGar FINAL (as well as Betterman, its spin-off).

The first chapter is a flashback to the last episode of GaoGaiGar FINAL. I have to say, the panels look incredible and the story seems to be going somewhere more interesting than FINAL ever did.

May 26, 2020 3:36 PM
Sep 2019
There was a sequel planned called Project Z but that was scrapped as interest waned during the time. Wasn't until a few years ago the project was revived into an Light Novel format and a year later the manga started. 12 chapters of the manga have been released (two volumes worth) covering a bit of the LN. The LN itself is two acts away from finishing.
May 26, 2020 5:59 PM

Jun 2019
NoLongerSane01 said:
There was a sequel planned called Project Z but that was scrapped as interest waned during the time. Wasn't until a few years ago the project was revived into an Light Novel format and a year later the manga started. 12 chapters of the manga have been released (two volumes worth) covering a bit of the LN. The LN itself is two acts away from finishing.

Yep. I'm surprised more people don't bother to look for a sequel after FINAL's ending.

May 26, 2020 10:13 PM
Sep 2019
NickRedMachine said:
NoLongerSane01 said:

Yep. I'm surprised more people don't bother to look for a sequel after FINAL's ending.

Hmm, wait til the end of the year to hear of news if the series gets an anime greenlit. The LN is close to finishing as Act 08 is pretty much done with Act 09 being the last of the LN.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.