Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2020 12:27 PM
Jan 2020
I've come to the conclusion that such anime are incredibly rare. So I've come to you to tell me which I missed. So Criteria:

-NO HAREM!!!!!!!!!! (Except in the very unlikely event he takes every girl in his harem. Looking at you High School DxD!)
-early couple! (Look! just like the title says!)
-action, maybe a high fantasy(swords and magic) or isekai with some action will do.
-preferably not too grimm and dark.
-preferably not tragedy

examples of anime that I've watched that fall may to this category (no particular order):
sao
chivalry of failed knight
accel world
Record of Grancrest War
WorldEnd (SukaSuka)
macross delta
Eureka Seven
The World is Still Beautiful (Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii)
Twin Star Exorcists (Sousei no Onmyouji)
Monogatari (series)
Spice and Wolf
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Thanks in advance!
Jan 16, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2019
Since you listed Eureka Seven, Cross Ange, and Macross Delta, here's some other mecha series that deal with romance fairly early on

The original Macross
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Shinkon Gattai Godannar
Zegapain
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
Full Metal Panic franchise
Darling in the FranXX

Also Space Battleship Yamato 2199 for a great space opera adventure with a good amount of romance and the Initial D franchise for drift racing action with a lot of romantic subplots.
Jan 16, 2020 2:13 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Welcome to MyAnimeList!
Hmm... I see there's at least one shoujo title in your list, mind if I share some more shoujo?

Probably the go-to would be Sailor Moon Crystal + Season III + the upcoming Sailor Moon Eternal movies. This series is a direct adaptation of the original Sailor Moon manga that began in 1991. I would've also recommended you the original 90s anime, but it's 200 episodes and I don't know if you'd consider the anime to be too old/long for your tastes.

I don't know if I would count Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White as an anime with an early couple (I mean it's pretty clear who likes who and despite the first glance, it's actually not a reverse harem anime), but I'd say that it's a pretty good anime to watch if you want fantasy romance with some action.

Haven't watched/read too much of Magic Knight Rayearth to confirm an early couple, but I definitely recommend this one if you want an older isekai title.
Jan 16, 2020 11:51 PM
Jan 2020
Thanks for the replies so far!
I've already watched Full metal panic and Yamato 2199 but didn't see yamato's 2nd season. Also added Darling in the FranXX and a few others in my to watch list. I would prefer it if the recommendations were more resent. Still I may add a few older ones too!
Jan 18, 2020 6:06 PM

May 2012
I don't know if there will be enough action in In/Spectre for you, but otherwise it fills the bill. The couple is established in episode one, and their mutual attraction is pretty much a given. Here they are together in the ED:

Jan 19, 2020 5:17 AM
Jan 2020
Seams interesting. Will surely give it a try as soon as more episodes come out!
Jan 28, 2020 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
Mirai Nikki
Zetman
Btoom!

Jan 30, 2020 2:30 AM
Jan 2020
I can't stress enought how right you are about those being rare, I'm also trying to look for animes like that for some time
I kinda don't care much about it being "early" I just hate the "Teasing a ship for 437 ep's and then they
only get together in the last 2 ep's"
Tho', I would recommend you trying asking for it at the r/anime subreddit or similars, maybe there you'll find other suggestions

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 31 minutes ago

0 by Eternal-Destiny »»
31 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

72 by traed »»
52 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

5 by Deserada »»
1 hour ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

46 by Smennis »»
2 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

21 by mo_lave »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.