Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2019 2:04 AM

Jun 2017
I enjoy Mob Pyscho, but I've never been a huge fan of action shounens. Obviously other people like it and that's fine, but it's not my sort of thing. This is why I'll forever enjoy the little moments in Season 2 more than all of the (well done) stretched out action sequences you get in either Season.

From this perspective, this OVA is basically all I could've asked for. I'd go balls-in for something like a Mob Psycho 100 slice-of-life

This episode has:

- Comedy: It's funny

- Story: Whole little exposition, conflict, resolution, and whatever in a little episode that holds up by itself

- Companionship: Seeing the crew, as a whole, go out and go to the Springs is nothing less than heart-warming and nice to watch. There's something about seeing these guys of different ages and backgrounds being together that's just about as heart-warming as any CGDCT moe sol anime

- Character Development: Serizawa has some growth paralleled to Mob's. Growing out of social isolation / social awkwardness is something i'll always love watching/reading.

- A lesson: The only suffering and misfortune you see in this episode is from Reigen's typical idiocy, and we can point and laugh because it's his own fault. Acknowledge what you do and don't know, be willing to learn, pat down that pride a bit, and your life might be a lot better.

- Social Commentary: The moment Serizawa mentioned that he was just following a boss' order without question, and being told by Reigen that he should be more of a self-confident individual (another valuable lesson in itself) is something I would assert to be more of a piece of social commentary in a setting such as Japan
Sep 9, 2023 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
Pretty much, I think it's good to have a moment like this out of all the action, it shows that Mob and his friends are still humans that need a break every once in a while from all of the chaos around them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100: Dai Ikkai Rei toka Soudansho Ian Ryokou - Kokoro Mitasu Iyashi no Tabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

68 by Albino-52 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:43 AM

» Official PV

uninstallthegame - Aug 9, 2019

4 by Mirai »»
Aug 10, 2019 12:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.