Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2019 7:23 AM

Jan 2018
I heard that we are on the final year of the decade of the 2010s and i've been thinking about is there are going to be an article about Top 10 Best Anime of the 2010s decade?

It would be great to celebrate all and best anime that we loved in 2010s.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
TenshoOct 11, 2019 8:34 AM
Oct 7, 2019 7:47 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Possibly, but I would have to think of an interesting, more in-depth approach than just listing the top 10 highest-rated shows of the decade since that'd be too lazy; that can be done by anyone with just a few clicks in Anime Search or just by looking at the Top Anime chart. Plus, something celebrating a whole decade of anime should be something grander.

I'll definitely look into it, so thanks for the suggestion.
Oct 8, 2019 9:31 PM

Nov 2009
10 Ground-breaking (genre defining/defying?) Anime from the 10s? Off the top of my head you could include Madoka, SAO, JoJo/Pingu, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, whatever started Chinese anime listings, a CGI-only show (Kingdom?), maybe Shirobako. Or pick something year by year.
JobbyOct 8, 2019 9:41 PM

Oct 9, 2019 7:41 AM

Jan 2018
Jobby said:
10 Ground-breaking (genre defining/defying?) Anime from the 10s? Off the top of my head you could include Madoka, SAO, JoJo/Pingu, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, whatever started Chinese anime listings, a CGI-only show (Kingdom?), maybe Shirobako. Or pick something year by year.

I think we could only list top 10 anime thourgh MAL ratings, that's the only thing we can do.
Oct 9, 2019 8:41 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
hotsushikun said:
Jobby said:

I think we could only list top 10 anime thourgh MAL ratings, that's the only thing we can do.

Which you can find out in a single click: Anime > Top Anime, which simply doesn't meet the standard of an article. There are plenty of other, more creative ways to approach a reflective piece about the last decade of anime.
Oct 9, 2019 8:43 AM

Jan 2018
@Shymander

I can't write the articles, because my English is a little bit horrible so no thanks.
Oct 9, 2019 8:46 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
hotsushikun said:
@Shymander

I can't write the articles, because my English is a little bit horrible so no thanks.

I'm the only regular writer on Featured Articles right now, so it's something I will be pursuing and writing myself. I'm just saying that it won't be as simple as a top 10 list.
Oct 9, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
Shymander said:
hotsushikun said:
@Shymander

I'm the only regular writer on Featured Articles right now, so it's something I will be pursuing and writing myself. I'm just saying that it won't be as simple as a top 10 list.

Okay, i hope someone can replace your regular writing as Featured Articles someone.

More topics from this board

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

8 by Dr_Stoned »»
6 hours ago

» Correction Slice of life definition

aule10 - May 12

3 by fluffycow17 »»
Yesterday, 8:50 AM

» Add Volume tab for Manga, like the Episode tab for Anime

Readerio - May 11

0 by Readerio »»
May 11, 2:35 PM

» re-watched titles

macmetric - May 10

1 by hacker09 »»
May 10, 8:15 PM

» Are there any plans to revamp mal on mobile?

Akuya - May 10

2 by Alexioos95 »»
May 10, 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.