Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
Cause there are just THOSE kind of self-conceited individuals. Simple as that.
Sep 11, 2019 9:23 AM

Sep 2018
Some people don't like overly tropy Charcters and shows.Probably.
Sep 12, 2019 6:42 AM
Jan 2018
Because it's absolutely abysmal. Tohru is just a bland doormat, there's zero progression despite having the drama tag, visuals are generic and it's full of every insufferable reverse harem and shoujo trope under the sun. To say this is bad is an understatement.
Sep 12, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2010
Animaniaig said:
Because it's absolutely abysmal. Tohru is just a bland doormat, there's zero progression despite having the drama tag, visuals are generic and it's full of every insufferable reverse harem and shoujo trope under the sun. To say this is bad is an understatement.

Here is another person who is so not watching the anime I am tooru is not a doormat and there is plenty of progression. Nothing about this show is reverse harem I have no clue where you got that idea just because there is more than one male character. For your information not all of the Zodiac characters are male 2 have been introduced in the story so far that are FEMALE. You obviously know nothing about this series if you think any of what you have said about it.
Sep 12, 2019 11:05 AM
Jan 2018
natsudragneelfan said:
Animaniaig said:

Here is another person who is so not watching the anime I am tooru is not a doormat and there is plenty of progression. Nothing about this show is reverse harem I have no clue where you got that idea just because there is more than one male character. For your information not all of the Zodiac characters are male 2 have been introduced in the story so far that are FEMALE. You obviously know nothing about this series if you think any of what you have said about it.

She IS a doormat. She doesn't try to change herself or her situation no matter how unfortunate she just accepts it. Someone stole her only memento of her dead mother, spoke down to her and treated her like a slave and she didn't speak out whatsoever. So far it is looking like a reverse harem as so far it's hinted rather heavily at, at least 3 of the male zodiacs having feelings for her. It hasn't progressed past character interactions and it's 23 episodes in out of 25 which is just ridiculous. It actually seems like you haven't seen the series not me.
Sep 12, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2010
Animaniaig said:
natsudragneelfan said:

She IS a doormat. She doesn't try to change herself or her situation no matter how unfortunate she just accepts it. Someone stole her only memento of her dead mother, spoke down to her and treated her like a slave and she didn't speak out whatsoever. So far it is looking like a reverse harem as so far it's hinted rather heavily at, at least 3 of the male zodiacs having feelings for her. It hasn't progressed past character interactions and it's 23 episodes in out of 25 which is just ridiculous. It actually seems like you haven't seen the series not me.

I have read the manga this is only a small part of the story and as far as I know since I HAVE READ THE MANGA only 2 characters ever have romantic feelings toward her. so yes you are just someone who knows nothing about this story.
Sep 12, 2019 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
It's an older shoujo that was revived. It's some people's cup of tea and some will just simply not like it. Some people prefer the first series and perhaps didn't know about the manga. Some probably thought they're changing the story and don't realize it's now following the manga. If I recall correctly, despite how popular and well-loved the first series was, especially in the west, the original mangaka or author said she wasn't satisfied or perhaps even disliked/hated the first anime adaptation, so much that she fully supported this 2019 version.

Animaniaig said:
natsudragneelfan said:

I know only two guys who like her. Most shounen or Anime catered to males have more females drooling over the main male character. Please specify the three guy who like her.
臭い-
Sep 12, 2019 8:12 PM

Jan 2019
Animaniaig said:
It doesn’t seem like there is much progress because the anime moved all the zodiac introductions closer together rather than spread further a part. It makes it seem like it’s just character introduction after character introduction without much plot. But season two will be a lot more plot focused and interesting. Also, there are only two people confirmed to fall in love with Tohru, so not much of a reverse harem since many of the guy characters have their own relationships outside of Tohru. It’s more a love triangle than anything. Tohru has her own flaws that are brought up later. But the show is slice of life, so if you just aren’t into that genre, it wouldn’t interest you.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Sep 14, 2019 2:34 AM

Apr 2008
Everyone has their own reasoning for liking and disliking something. You may agree with it or not and if you know what you like, you may see if what another person considers a problem or a good point, is something that you would find annoying or good.

If someone does not like portrayal of women where they adhere to old-fashioned standards like being sweet, humble and doing house chores like cooking and cleaning with a smile than they will not like Tohru. Not even the development later on will help, because Tohru does not undergo this kind of development that would turn her into an independent, assertive women who does not take shit from people. The story is simply not about this, which does not make it bad, but does not make it appealing for some people. Simple as this. Someone who looks for this kind of development where the main heroine becomes more assertive and stop taking shit from others would be more happy with the development of the main heroine from the Twelve Kingdoms.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.