Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 12, 2020 3:08 PM
Apr 2020
Xstasy said:
AntisocialBoy said:
why do people not like this anime and like darling in the franxx?

It doesn't have Zero Two.
can’t argue with that
May 12, 2020 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
AntisocialBoy said:
Xstasy said:

It doesn't have Zero Two.
can’t argue with that

Viral>Zero Two, yes.
May 17, 2020 11:03 PM
Apr 2020
Not_a_Weeb_21 said:
It depends on what anime you're into.
If you're into serious anime this is not for you.
Its not the best anime of course, but its hailed as a modern classic because it sets aside all logic. You'll never find anything more exaggerated than this. Its probably the most daring anime ever made. When you watch just relax and hopefully you'll be entertained of the hype you're about to see because you are in for a huge ride.
Yeah the anime has some fan service blah blah, I honestly don't give a crap about Yoko's tits. I honestly don't know why people always jump to that conclusion. Its way more than that.
I just know that this anime (for some people) impacted a lot of people, like it picked them up and inspired them to do the impossible, it made them feel like they can do anything. It was a huge boost to help them keep them going and reach their goal. Its as if this show was saying "Hey what are you doing moping around for? You can't just give up like that. Get yo depressed ass up and just do it."
If you think this anime is boring... cool, I can't force you to change your opinion of course. I guess its because you already feel like you can do anything maybe?... As if I know that.

I read a lot of idiotic comment in this section, but you're right.
The main reason I like gurren lagann is the daring hype, the exponential acceleration of the plot and the self esteem boost.
I am one of the people who found this pretty helpful in fact, it helped me in a not very funny moment of my life.
So yeah, I don't think the one who made the question can understand this, because it's somewhat personal, in fact, I think it's stupid to ask "why do people like this", since it's related to subjective tastes.
However, if you need an answer the one I quoted is the best.
May 17, 2020 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
The story has an amazing sense of scale. The scene at the beginning of the first episode were they're all in space sets an expectation. After the theme song they're stuck underground basically waiting to die. People love watching the characters fight until they reach the heavens.

Simon and Kamina make up for each other's weaknesses. They are two halves of a whole. Like a double helix spiral. Like a drill. This symbolism is potent. Rewatch the series and notice that the whole series is based around this dynamic. With different characters.

The show has a hot-blooded bombastic style.

The show has cute girls.

May 18, 2020 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
It has: Great Animation, Cool Characters, Great Story, Really good music and is very enjoyable. I think that's enough to like an anime
May 21, 2020 9:36 AM

Mar 2019
Watched it. Thought it was ok. 7/10
Thought I was missing something (it's rated higher than monster and origairu).
Rewatched it. Thought it was ok. 6/10.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jul 13, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
I have watched 15/27 episodes and as people said that it will get better in the next arc I have to say I cannot see whats so great about it until now -
The animations are great but the plot holds no premise , its just like a very childish theme
except for a few characters , everyone else is blant and I didn't know I could find two characters I hate so much from a single anime ( Nia and Yoko)
The fights are pretty entertaining though it just shows off some explosion and has an asspull almost every time and I hate this part about it
The author has just given the characters so much plot armour that it is unbearable
it had a promising start but failed to deliver , plus the OSTs doesn't even stand out that much , the character that made this anime lively has died and watching each episode feels like a big drag
nothing special at all , no way this is a classic
though my opinion might change after the next arc
6/10 at most 7/10
Jul 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Dec 2018
It’s all around a really fun anime to watch. For me, that’s really it.
Nov 24, 2020 1:16 AM

Sep 2018
Probably because they watched it when they were kids that's why they talk about how it inspired them šŸ¤£
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.