Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is anyone else disappointed that they wasted this banger OP song and Minami's amazing voice for this horrible adaptation or is it just me?

Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 12, 2019 9:36 PM
Feb 2016
Sorry if this is long, but I ask this question with all seriousness. A lot of the OP covers for this song I see on YouTube have tons of views and especially on Minami's channel, which is great because people like it a lot (not many comments compared to the total # of views but most probably just look up the song to listen to). She's got a great voice and it was a banger anime opening for Winter 2019 with the rest of the great ones, and I consider the OP and song to be one of my favs.

Although unlike MHA and other popular anime that have come out in recent years, a lot of the views on her video don't even resemble how many people have actually come from the anime.
If you go on kissanime, the amount of total views for the season is 3.37 mil (outside of Japan), while on her video is well over 33 mil. But a lot of these could be 10's of 100's of repeats from the same person since that's also a thing and if that's the case, the 330,000 people possible viewed this 100+ times.
And since many people don't even pay for streaming services due to how poor they are compared to pirated websites, this is at least a good possible number as to how many have actually watched it. Although it could be more and no actual viewership numbers for the show from Japan have been released.

Looking at reviews and other comments about the anime online (especially YouTube) and on forums, the only main positive thing I see people giving this anime was the op and the song, but usually crapping on a lot of the rest compared to the manga. And we can also see that MAL does feel the same way, with how low the score is (How I view the score, anything near close to a 7.1 and below is when an anime ranked that far down is usually not worth it (Ex: Asterisk war and Arifureta)). Even a lot were saying to read the manga as well on review episodes and on reddit (which imo the manga isn't fully better as well, given the current state really as it started to decline around I think when Rui broke up with Nat right out of the blue for not a real good reason) since the adaptation was heavily rushed, cut a lot of content out, and kinda ruined a lot of the important moments as well as events with the characters.

This definitely won't hurt Minami's career though, since she's been getting a lot of positivity and new fans b/c of her cover, but to me it sucks her song wasn't used on an actual good anime that would be remembered for being really good, but unfortunately it's used on this poor adaptation and is the only main thing majority of people will remember this adaptation for. Not for the good story line or how great the characters were, but just because of the OP song and the many memes that were created trashing the premises bc of its weird/kinda gross plotline with the semi incest romance and how terrible a lot of the characters were.

This song is really the only thing people still remember from the anime. Just a waste of a banger OP on a terrible anime adaptation/manga source. Should've been used on an actual good romance manga when one got an anime adaptation.
Aug 20, 2019 6:02 AM
Aug 20, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 2018
I's not a waste for an absolutely amazing Opening to be part of a rather decent show. For minami it probably sucks succes wise, but the song fit the show very well and if this was onpurpose they did a damn good job.
Aug 21, 2019 7:17 PM
Apr 2018
This song was popular here in Japan also
Aug 26, 2019 3:40 PM
Aug 2019
I kinda agree with the title
Aug 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2019
Regardless of how good or bad the series was, it doesnt change the fact that its a great song?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.