Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2019 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Interesting start. It's very fun to ready both the detailed historical explanations and the version for "the ones that are bad at Japanese history", the "divided page" system also makes it easier to process the information.

I thought the theory the manga is based upon (that Kenshin Uesugi was a woman, or identified at birth as a woman) was purely fantasy to be honest, but there seems to be elements that supports this (presented in the manga), and it seems (to me) quite convincing. That being said I really lack the level needed in Japanese to really research this. I find it surprising though that this theory isn't even mentioned on the Wikipedia page of Kenshin Uesugi.
Still, you don't have to be convinced of this to read the manga and find it enjoyable imo, and though she's researched this the author herself doesn't insist on you believing that this theory is THE historical truth either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yukibana no Tora Chapter 5 Discussion

Misaorin - Aug 8, 2019

0 by Misaorin »»
Aug 8, 2019 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.