Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 20, 2019 11:07 PM
Oct 2017
I was recommended this show by a friend because I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy shows, and I am a little bit past half way through this first season, but I just can't get into it. I constantly find my self being bored by the show and losing focus. The characters are not that well executed (Toma's amnesia seems pointless and underdeveloped) and most of the ideas of the show are interesting in concept but seem to say or do little to keep me interested beyond their initial premises. I have heard good things about this series overall, but I just can't get hooked on it the way I normally do for shows that fit my tastes as "good." Is it worth sticking it out?
Jul 20, 2019 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
nah dropped it then, the season 3 of the anime is especially bad lol

i personally enjoyed the first 2 seasons though
Jul 20, 2019 11:49 PM

Apr 2019
Dropped it then, but Accelerator have the most character development and he is a lot more interesting than Touma.

You should at less complete the first season, if you want to watch Accelerator side story.
Jul 21, 2019 12:18 AM

Jun 2014
This is not the proper anime if you want sci-fi. Lol
Aug 3, 2019 6:20 PM
Feb 2019
I'd say Season 2 is better since it builds to something where as Season 1 is world building and character establishment.

Tbh the anime is a mediocre adaptation of a much better light novel series. If you're interested in the themes, the concepts and the development of things with much greater details especially a much better characterization of Touma then check them out! :)
If not interested in reading the novels, then this series just isn't for you and should drop it. Upto you really. Me personally I really enjoyed this show.
Aug 5, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 2016
Sabersquirl said:
I was recommended this show by a friend because I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy shows, and I am a little bit past half way through this first season, but I just can't get into it. I constantly find my self being bored by the show and losing focus. The characters are not that well executed (Toma's amnesia seems pointless and underdeveloped) and most of the ideas of the show are interesting in concept but seem to say or do little to keep me interested beyond their initial premises. I have heard good things about this series overall, but I just can't get hooked on it the way I normally do for shows that fit my tastes as "good." Is it worth sticking it out?

it's just a slow series i know but it'll improve by time and it's not that bad if you like clam and action vibes you can still continue with it without a problem and i can tell from episode 10 things become more interesting you just need patience and only patience and i think the characters are interesting but to know more about them you'll need to watch S2 with the spin-offs
todd2580Aug 5, 2019 6:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 6, 2008

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

206 by whitebeartigtig »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 22, 2008

115 by whitebeartigtig »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
Today, 3:29 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.