Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2019 4:29 AM
Aug 2014
This volume blew my mind. I think it was an amazing volume despite the lack of development prevalent.

Chapter 1: Satoshi tried to be sly but Houtarou got him as expected. Their friendship prior to this felt empty as if they were mere acquaintances who interacted more often. On the other hand, in this chapter, it felt as if they could confide in each other regarding more personal matters thanks to their bond deepening. I like the manners the author has to express certain changes. I enjoyed the ending because as stated, it does not matter who committed the "crime".

Chapter 2: It is evident that Oretarou did not have a girlfriend but I would like to know if there was more to their relationship than the eyes meet. Ibara's personality change I mention later began here. She apologized for relentlessly scorning him, though only mentally. Oreki's a hero ^^

Chapter 3: A short and sweet chapter. The anime adapted this despite the fact that this volume was released in 2016 and the anime's second cour aired through summer 2012. I wonder how. Was the chapter originally a side story chapter like the upcoming Tiger side story?

Chapter 4: This was an insanely well-written chapter that gave closure to Mayaka's departure from the manga club. I had also been wondering about her decision to stay in the club when it had a direct correlation to her productivity taking a severe toll. The mystery was interesting and engaging. The shift in the narrative was something I can appreciate. It does show the similarities and dissimilarities Mayaka has with Oreki. Since Mayaka is more productive, more events occur but fewer actions are taken to find a conclusion. 9/10 chapter.
One thing to note is the personality shift attached to Mayaka. She has become more rational and less aggravated than she was upon joining the club. I love this development.

Chapter 5: Character development! I find it great that his motto's original was finally revealed. It was a bit underwhelming but the mystery retained its realism all the way through and Oreki using Chitanda's habits against her was adorable to read. Again, the author really shows how Chitanda has impacted Houtarou.

Chapter 6: The ending of this volume is something I can appreciate. Chitanda is just a kid who tries to bear more responsibility than manageable. I am glad Houtarou understood Chintada's struggles and confronted her about them. The ending was abrupt, I have to admit.

Overall, a fantastic volume that thoroughly developed the characters and depicted changes to characters and even had good flashbacks. Albeit it lacks story development, the character development was very necessary! 5/5
Jun 30, 2019 10:16 PM
Aug 2018
Can you tell me where didi you read it, or by whom it was translated?
Jul 13, 2020 6:55 PM
Jun 2020
I read a translation by Manlyflower, I assume linking to pirated material is not allowed but some googling should get you there. Enjoy, its great! I especially liked chapters 2 and 4.
Aug 10, 2021 9:58 PM

Nov 2019
Another album with a perfect leading theme, 'Even though I'm told I now have wings'. Even though they had thought they knew it, they were actually yet fully knowing it.
SgtBateManAug 10, 2021 10:04 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 2, 2022 10:11 AM

May 2021
Great volume, *better than the previous ofc* I loved many of the short stories and Mirror can't reflect would be my favourite. We also got to knew the reason behind oreki's motto in a long vacation.
The final chapter made me kinda emotional. Even Though I'm Told I Now Have Wings was something great, chitanda was no longer told to inherit the family but even though she has been told she was free she didn't know what to do, overall great volume

More topics from this board

» Koten-bu Series Volume 7 has been confirmed! ( 1 2 )

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 25, 2019

69 by 8MEH »»
Jan 15, 12:08 PM

» From what novel should i start reading?

Tabris0 - Oct 25, 2020

3 by blinddig »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Poll: » Koten-bu Series Volume 4 Discussion

GiantQAACSleier - Jun 24, 2019

2 by KitsuFrost »»
Sep 15, 2022 4:26 AM

» Where to find English translations

Ashwin_Kaushik - Jun 26, 2022

2 by Ashwin_Kaushik »»
Jun 26, 2022 6:27 AM

Poll: » Koten-bu Series Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

6 by sonu711 »»
May 1, 2022 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.