Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 6, 2019 8:03 PM
Apr 2019
These are all my own speculations and I am likely to be wrong since I’m not the author. All it takes is one chapter to switch out the front runner.

Ichika not having a trademark: All main/sub-main characters of any anime will have a trademark to the way they look, be it their hair or unique way of dressing. Ichika is the only quint without a trademark or accessory. It’s hard to imagine the bride being a character without a distinctive trademark for marketing/cosplaying.

Drawing difficulties and redesigning of Miku: Negi said that he is thankful for Ichika because she is the easiest to draw, and Miku is the hardest, followed by Nino. Ichika is probably a character made to assist with the flow of the story and therefore, not much effort was put into designing her. Seems to be true from the way she is treated. Miku on the other hand was redesigned from the one shot, possibly to give her a more attractive/distinctive look for marketing. He even has to set aside time to draw Miku specifically and said he sometimes regrets giving Miku headphones. He probably felt Miku’s new hair with the headphones is a good trademark. I believe the effort is in proportion to the character’s importance.

Bell-kisser: Fuutarou said it was since that time that he felt she was special. Nothing significant happened between Fuutarou and the other quints apart from Miku during that arc. Coincidentally, when Fuutarou said he already knew of Miku’s feelings at Chp 81, the flashback shown was when Miku hugged and fell on Fuutarou in Chp 67. The imaginary kissing scene by Miku in Chp 51 is shown to be the same pose as the bell-kisser when she tried to kiss Fuutarou.

Birthday presents and Fuutarou in Chp 77: When Itsuki asked Fuutarou if Miku wasn’t the one who is interested in him, he replied “Nah not her” with a blank expression. It looks like an expression of disappointment to me. When the quints were asking him about the presents they gave him, he changed the topic midway and decided to leave. Was it because he realised Miku wasn’t there? Yes, he promised the father to draw a line with the quints and that is good cover from the author for any situation. There are no news regarding the gym vouchers that Miku gave. It could be a future prop.

Valentine: Miku was the only one who gave Fuutarou chocolates for valentine. He might give her something back in the future.

Blushing (Miku and Nino): In Chp 81, he blushed when he told Yotsuba that he knows about Miku’s feelings. However, throughout the entire date in Chp 84, Miku was the only one blushing and Fuutarou didn’t blush a single time. On the other hand, he blushed when Nino confessed to him in Chp 60. In Chp 71, he blushed again when during their conversation, so badly that even the manager could see it, and blushed once more when Nino gave him a flying kiss. The only time when Fuutarou blushed in front of Miku was when she revealed her feelings was for her sisters instead of him in Chp 86.

Rejection: In Chp 86, Fuutarou said “I know, but-“. He was about to reject her. It could be due to the agreement with the father or simply because he doesn’t like her.

Fuutarou being dense: Miku is the only quint to say Fuutarou isn’t that dense.

Rena: As of Chp 88, Yotsuba is revealed to be Rena and Nino has seen Fuutarou from afar without making contact. Miku has no relation to him when she was young. Personally, I think Rena is a red herring if Yotsuba isn’t the bride. First love isn’t always the last and the Rena he likes is not just an individual person.

3 qualities Fuutarou likes: Cares for her sisters, cooks well and being cheerful. Caring for her sisters is probably irrelevant since they all love each other. Cooking wise, Nino stands a high chance but Miku has improved significantly. Cheerful wise, Yotsuba stands a high chance since now is her time (vol 11). Nino is outspoken though not exactly cheerful. Miku lost her confidence in Chp 81 and regained it in Chp 86. She is still not cheerful but it may not matter. Not necessarily will the bride fulfil all three qualities.

First girl: Itsuki is shown to be the first girl but it might be a deliberate act to not show the future bride as the first girl. Subsequently, Rena is revealed to be Yotsuba.

Closeness with Raiha: Yotsuba and Itsuki definitely have the upper hand in this. Miku, Nino and Ichika are still not close to her.

Fuutarou’s bracelet at wedding: Although it was Raiha who gave it to him, he doesn’t seem to be wearing it anymore until the wedding. Nino is the only quint related to the bracelet.

Park date in Chp 37: I believe they will visit the park again in the future just as Yotsuba suggested. It’s a plus point for Yotsuba becoming the bride.

Miscellaneous: Fuutarou scored third in the national mock exam. Story wise, it is completely irrelevant. However, I can imagine it being in the Trivia section if Miku turns out to be the bride.

Full flashback after the bride is revealed: The bride has to be significant throughout the story with proper character development for a satisfying ending when all the past times she shared with Fuutarou is shown. Miku seems to have a leg in every arc. She is always trying to improve herself to be someone Fuutarou will fall for (highest test score, cooks well, regained back her confidence) and it has been shown throughout the story.

Questions on the bride shown: They didn’t exchange rings when Fuutarou has them; Raiha was subsequently shown to have realised something. Multiple wedding dresses. Unhappy expression of the bride. Is the bride shown really the true bride? Negi said there will be no harem ending so there will only be one true bride. Additionally, Miku is shown to cross her fingers the same way as the bride.

Based on the current trend, a new bride scene will be shown in Chp 104 at the end of volume 12. She appeared on Chp 1, 32 and 68; 32 and 68 are the last chapters of their own volumes.

Negi said he doesn’t know if the manga will end by this year. He said he has depicted the quints feelings and will be developing Fuutarou’s side. Up to this point, it isn’t clear if Fuutarou has begun to like any of them.
Jun 18, 2019 8:49 PM
Apr 2019
I found this pretty cool speculation. I can almost guarantee that Miku is the bride shown. But as I mentioned, the wedding is really suspicious. I wonder if Miku is the biggest red herring.

I won't be surprised if Yotsuba is the real bride since she is the true first girl. The first to meet him, the first to accept him, the first to fall for him, and the first to confess.

Another thing I forgot to mention would be the camp fire: Yotsuba was the one to hold his ring finger.

Jun 25, 2019 9:19 PM
Apr 2019
I found another interesting speculation. At this point of time, I can't imagine the bride to be anyone else other than Miku or Yotsuba.
They have too many supporting factors for them to be the bride.

Jun 26, 2019 9:36 PM
Apr 2019
I've always wondered why does Fuutarou have a mini ribbon hairstyle on his head like Yotsuba's ribbon.
The image below probably doesn't mean anything but it's a nice comparison.
Jun 26, 2019 10:46 PM
Sep 2015
Be careful, this manga is the definition of red herring. All the clues and hints might be false leads scattered by Negi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Feb 15, 2020

257 by Magick_Max »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.