Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2019 4:59 PM
May 2019
I really liked it but it was one of the first anime's I ever watched so I might be clouded by bias and nostalgia or I just might've enjoyed it more because I wasn't experienced to anime at the time.

Lots of people seem to hate it however.
May 29, 2019 5:29 PM

Oct 2008
I liked the tv series's 1st and 2nd seasons. I enjoyed the "Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito" movies as well. I have no opinion on the rest of the movies, OVA and specials.

However the last four movies (retelling the whole story and ending it) I haven't seen them yet, but still feel slightly annoyed at them being movies and not a OVA series or a new TV version.
May 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Apr 2019
Hey, if you want you can check out my review here!

To summarize, it is a great anime with likeable characters and interesting mind games, with simply marvellous moments throughout the story. It is worth to waytch it even if you aren't a mecha fan.

Edit: I have only watched the TV series, by the way.
Pike27May 29, 2019 5:39 PM
May 29, 2019 5:53 PM

Mar 2018
i absolutely adore the series! finally got around to watching it in like november or december, and its the only thing that wildly overwhelms me and i still enjoy it
May 29, 2019 9:21 PM

Apr 2016
The first season of Code Geass is enjoyable. The story meanders around a lot, with a lot of fluff scenes that don't go anywhere (I'm not talking about comedy like the school shenanigans, that can stay, I'm talking about the philosophical ramblings that go absolutely nowhere and only exist to pad out the time), poorly presented battles (inexplicably convenient troop placements, armor abilities, and geography), and a lot of downright asspulls ("Oh, for the last three minutes, you were actually talking to a video I whipped up half an hour ago of me having an imaginary conversation with you and predicting your every thought and the EXACT timing of when you spoke so I could keep you preoccupied"). That said, the first season manages to be relatively entertaining as we follow Lelouch's build up of the Black Knights while also following Suzaku as he tries to transform the Empire from within. Then it falls into the same trap that Legend of the Galactic Heroes fell into, in where the two conflicting sides naturally come to a compromise and the writers go "oh crap" and pull more contrivances out of their ass to push the story further than it had any right to be, resulting in an irredeemable second season, which pulls cardinal sins such as resetting the status quo, making characters stupid, and straight up character assassinations for the purpose of making the plot happen.

The first season of Code Geass was good, and that was it. Don't bother with the second season, and ESPECIALLY NOT the spinoff films. Good lord those are atrocious!
May 29, 2019 9:31 PM
Sep 2017
Code Geass is my favorite anime, is also one of the first one I saw. I gotta say that I know is not the best, and I feel that if I rewatch it right now I will probably lower the score of the show.

About the series it has the best finale I have ever seen.

About the Movies I still haven´t watch those, I´m waiting Fukkatsu no Lelouch to be in dvd, but I hear somewhere a member of Sunrise talk about the movies in an interview being an alternate story, so I don´t understand why people think that the R2 EP 25 doesn´t matter anymore.

May 29, 2019 9:35 PM
Sep 2017
petran79 said:
They should have let CLAMP write the script too instead of just the character design
Lelouch: Suzaku did you lay this egg?
May 30, 2019 3:39 AM

May 2018
HopefulNihilist said:

-How can Lelouche be a tactical genius when the closest thing he has to battle experience is...playing chess?

Yeah, that felt very artificial.
Even a total genius with superpowers would need a bit of a practice.
For example Light from Death Note (by the way I dislike the anime but I am a big fan of the DN manga) makes some test and preparations before going full scale.

HopefulNihilist said:
Why would Suzaku decide to be a member of the Britanian military to, "change it from the inside" instead of working to be a politician? How does having a high rank in the military allow you to change the politics of a nation?

I think this make sense in the terms how the empire (and the real empires) works - it's governed by the British nobles and all of them are part of the military. Other politicians are local collaborators and they are only subordinates.
Suzaku is not a british noble (also don't remember if he was even a japanese noble).
He and anybody without such heritage has only one way - to join the army and earn a noble title.

You can see by the names of Knights of the Round that some of them or his/her ancestors have earned such status in the same way - military achivements and not inherited it.
May 30, 2019 6:06 AM

May 2018
Code Geass has good plot writing.

Easily 10/10 from me. I still love CC till this day.
May 30, 2019 6:13 AM
Jan 2018
Mostly confusion . First People love the series but dislike the movies remakes .

I have seen people that disliked the seasons but liked the movie remake's

What's the difference
May 30, 2019 7:15 AM

Mar 2017
Terrible anime. Lelouch is an alright character, i'll give it that. This anime had far too many plot holes, deus ex machina, and nonsensical scenes left and right. When it comes to writing it's pure garbgage but I can see how people like it.
May 30, 2019 7:50 AM

Aug 2010
It was fun when it aired 10ish years ago.... then they tried to pump money out of it and we got a lot of fanfiction quality junk
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 30, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Take care of yourself

May 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
It is a masterpiece of an anime that incorporates so many genres that other shows would otherwise fail to do so.

It is such a shame that the sequel movie was underwhelming, I expected a lot better from Sunrise.
May 31, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
It's fun to watch with popcorn on the side, but I can't take it seriously. It's more entertaining than well-written.

The middle of r2 is trash tho.
May 31, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2016
Code Geass is easily my favorite anime of all time but, I'm still very eh about more Code Geass. It ended perfectly please just stop touching it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.