Forum Settings
Forums

Normal Game v2: Soul Eater Mafia (Game Over - TPR won, Mod lost)

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (78) « First ... « 76 77 [78]
Jun 13, 2019 12:16 AM

Feb 2019
@logic340

bruh
you could tell she was mafia from this line

If your lover dies, then you die as well. If the two of you are the last two surviving players, you achieve an alternate win condition. Whenever you or your lover receives a soul the other will also get one.

actively going against town wincon lmao
just out her and you win
Jun 13, 2019 12:16 AM

Aug 2012
Marluxion said:
rip
so it was yurkin then?
yeah

Jun 13, 2019 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
Mafia got 2/4 traitorous roles 3/4 basically vanilla roles, Abhu tried to out me. It's totally bastard setup what the hell XD Glad the only winner here is lolo ggwp
Jun 13, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2008
AbuHumaid said:
LOLThisGame
so you repping out the same time as others were red herring. I respect that. Well played. xDD

Scum shouldve won this with how much yurkin was cleared by me and logic openly wolfsiding. Scum woulda been like:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 13, 2019 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
yurkin said:
Mafia got 2/4 traitorous roles 3/4 basically vanilla roles, Abhu tried to out me. It's totally bastard setup what the hell XD Glad the only winner here is lolo ggwp
Chad saved me from going through another PTSD lover experience. I can live with this outcome...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 13, 2019 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
@logic340 y u do dis ;-; I trusted you...

Jun 13, 2019 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
DenjaX said:
AbuHumaid said:
LOLThisGame
so you repping out the same time as others were red herring. I respect that. Well played. xDD

Scum shouldve won this with how much yurkin was cleared by me and logic openly wolfsiding. Scum woulda been like:

Lmao it was still salvageable, but I didn't feel like lying any longer, plus the thread was loaded with mechanics talk, it was a complete turnoff. Lel

Also yeah, yurkin would have pulled it off if it wasn't for that fuck-up from Chad's part, but oh well xD
Jun 13, 2019 12:46 AM

Jul 2016
As for claims that this is a bastard game or setup, I want to say a few words on that front.

Setup:

1. Balance - The setup had a degree of lol-balance. This was for a few reasons, first and foremost being Shinichi wanting the setup to have the Meisters as the soul distribution mechanic, and most of the reviewers getting pretty tired of things pretty quickly. In being more careful, I would greatly lower the confirmable roles and replace the Meisters with a much more reasonable system of soul distribution, and I would also make the scum team synergize way better.

2. Hidden Info and Alignment Changing - It is my personal opinion that Bastard for role reasons is an over-used concept. If players know what to expect going into a game, then it's not inherently Bastard to have hidden info or alignment changing. Though Awa has pointed out to me since the game ended that the OP did not include the Alignment Change mention as explicitly as it should, so...

%%%

12/25 + 18/25 -> 30/50

%%%

Hosting

1. Hosting Mechanics - Well, yeah, that's an obvious one. This was a disaster. Not quite a 0 since some stuff was done well, but not far.

2. Hosting Etiquette - Not nearly as problematic as Shinichi was in Terraformars (or Dias in Polygamist), but a little bit of problematic talk in personal chats, at the least. Some parts were quite reasonable, though.

%%%

5/25+20/25 -> 25/50

%%%
%%%

30/50+25/50 -> 55/100

%%%
%%%

So is this a bastard game? Well, yes. Is this a bastard setup? I'll say semi-bastard and we can leave it at that.
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Jun 13, 2019 1:01 AM

Oct 2013
Thank god,
I couldn't longer see town destroying itself. I died when I came to conclusion that yurkin was scum. Because why would abhu vanillize yurkin when he's not scum anymore? He clearly had inside info lol
The cop check fucked everything up tho...
<3
Jun 13, 2019 1:13 AM

Nov 2008
NewG said:
Thank god,
I couldn't longer see town destroying itself. I died when I came to conclusion that yurkin was scum. Because why would abhu vanillize yurkin when he's not scum anymore? He clearly had inside info lol
I fucked everything up? Are you kidding me? If not for me, you guys would not have caught trash and Beeboy sooner. Wtf? I have done everything but fuck up this game. I even considered lynching yurkin. You are the one adding yourself on the scumteam despite being Town. We already have Town logic siding with scum. And you haunting me despite being pro-town the whole game. Smh

Jun 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
DenjaX said:
NewG said:
Thank god,
I fucked everything up? Are you kidding me? If not for me, you guys would not have caught trash and Beeboy sooner. Wtf? I have done everything but fuck up this game. I even considered lynching yurkin. You are the one adding yourself on the scumteam despite being Town. We already have Town logic siding with scum. And you haunting me despite being pro-town the whole game. Smh

I didn't say you fucked everything up, chill! I am saying that mechanical clear of yurkin fucked town up. Because behaviourally and vc wise she was never town xD
<3
Jun 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Jul 2009
Btw someone received their results while commuted, read it in the neighbour chat. So not only the DPH watch result was host mistake
Jun 13, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2009
Practically Logic upgrade 1 was the only useful role from the scum team and he wasn't even scum
Jun 13, 2019 2:14 AM

Oct 2013
NewG said:
DenjaX said:

I didn't say you fucked everything up, chill! I am saying that mechanical clear of yurkin fucked town up. Because behaviourally and vc wise she was never town xD

Also you were doing good Denja, I know it was frustrating lol it just turned out that I was overestimating you cause if not you who else would pull something like this x) and my motto is to better overthink than underthink in a mafia game ;)

Everyone else gg too, I guess. Congrats to Lolo, well deserved eventhough I would have wished more activity from their side. It was a long ass journey and.... I have nothing else more to say...
<3
Jun 13, 2019 3:33 AM

Jan 2010
Man we were going to win this....
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 13, 2019 4:21 AM

Nov 2014
Lol, what a game.
Actually happy lolo is the only winner; didnt want either lovers or town to win at this point xD
Jun 13, 2019 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
LMAO Mod Lost

Jun 13, 2019 5:06 AM

Jan 2010
abhutrash said:
Lol, what a game.
Actually happy lolo is the only winner; didnt want either lovers or town to win at this point xD
boo...all that work i put in....lol
I'm salty...

Jun 13, 2019 5:06 AM

Nov 2008
@NewG so was I supposed to receive a Soul despite being commuted? You gave me one Night 3.

Jun 13, 2019 5:42 AM

Nov 2014
abhutrash said:
Lol, what a game.
mfw I see the only winner had their night actions chosen for them for their last two nights in the game -____-
What a game
Jun 13, 2019 5:44 AM

Apr 2019
This game... wow. Congrats champs.
Jun 13, 2019 5:45 AM

Oct 2011
game ended... weirdly

Logic is a traitor confirmed

Jun 13, 2019 5:48 AM

Oct 2011
at least my final PoE was right

Jun 13, 2019 5:55 AM

Oct 2011
@Shinichi-Kun
I would like to co-host with u next time. should be interesting.

Jun 13, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2019
logic340 said:
abhutrash said:
Lol, what a game.
boo...all that work i put in....lol
I'm salty...

I mean
If you had betrayed Yurkin you'd have won two days earlier and the moderror wouldn't have happened. Lul

Jan 2010
@ town great game you guys were scary good this game. Sorry i played you guys like that but i wanted a more challenging victory and i would have achieved it if not for that meddling host!
@ mafia i felt this game was very townsided
@loloyuddin great job achieving your win
@yurkin we would have won this thank you for being my oartner and hanging in there when all hope seemed lost for us.

Marluxion said:
@logic340

bruh

If your lover dies, then you die as well. If the two of you are the last two surviving players, you achieve an alternate win condition. Whenever you or your lover receives a soul the other will also get one.

just out her and you win
i knew yurkin was not town from the beginning. Please read my lovers chat. I wanted to achieve my alternate win condition from the very beginning. I was always going to be a thorn in the side of town here. Many times i thought to myself "what if someone else who only wanted to win as town go this role?". We were so close too....

Feb 2019
also thanks for hostin and thanks for havin me :^)
Jun 13, 2019 5:59 AM

Feb 2019
logic340 said:
@ town great game you guys were scary good this game. Sorry i played you guys like that but i wanted a more challenging victory and i would have achieved it if not for that meddling host!
@yurkin we would have won this thank you for being my oartner and hanging in there when all hope seemed lost for us.

Marluxion said:
@logic340

bruh

just out her and you win
i knew yurkin was not town from the beginning. Please read my lovers chat. I wanted to achieve my alternate win condition from the very beginning. I was always going to be a thorn in the side of town here. Many times i thought to myself "what if someone else who only wanted to win as town go this role?". We were so close too....
i also realized this
but a win is a win m8, cut your losses :^)

Jan 2010
@DenjaX sorry to decieve you like that. Tho i hope you can respect my choice and desire to win with yurkin. You the MVP checking 3 out of 4 mafia. I knew you were replaying dono it just felt too right.

Jan 2010
Was anyone rooting for me and yurkin?

Jun 13, 2019 6:01 AM

Jan 2010
Marluxion said:
logic340 said:

i also realized this
but a win is a win m8, cut your losses :^)
fiar enough some.food for thought to be sure.

Jun 13, 2019 6:02 AM

Jan 2010
Phraze said:
game ended... weirdly

I've never been tpr so i tried to put myself in that mindset.

Jun 13, 2019 6:09 AM

Oct 2011
logic340 said:
@DenjaX sorry to decieve you like that. Tho i hope you can respect my choice and desire to win with yurkin. You the MVP checking 3 out of 4 mafia. I knew you were replaying dono it just felt too right.

I pushed Trash/u from the bs vote on me. Yurkin over the Kiana behavior. Lolo for the clam. Beeboy by PoE. Abu was not in my list yet.

Jun 13, 2019 6:11 AM

Oct 2011
logic340 said:
Phraze said:
game ended... weirdly

I've never been tpr so i tried to put myself in that mindset.
isn't that gt?

Jun 13, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2011
was yurkin a godfather tho? that's 1 plus Terraformers..

Jun 13, 2019 6:22 AM

Oct 2011
hmmm anyways

nice playing with u @Loloyuddin and @Diphenhydramine

I have issue with the number of antitown, and use of neighbor mechanics. the amount of protectives too.

I ended up being the vanilla-comparable in a rolemadness.

DV's slot was not helpful at all early on.

I should effort less since it's pointless to care.

glad game ended without me here or I might flip idk

Jun 13, 2019 6:31 AM

Nov 2014
logic340 said:
I mean, I preferred your win over town's because I could tell how hard you were gunning for that alt wincon. Gotta respect the moxy. Still salty though, cuz I would've probably survived if it wasn't for you giving that green check to yurkin :P
Jun 13, 2019 6:51 AM

Jan 2010
abhutrash said:
logic340 said:
I mean, I preferred your win over town's because I could tell how hard you were gunning for that alt wincon. Gotta respect the moxy. Still salty though, cuz I would've probably survived if it wasn't for you giving that green check to yurkin :P
when you pointed the finger at yurkin i couldn't risk you being around. i was a little bit upset that we had to lynch you since you could have won with us.

Jun 13, 2019 6:56 AM

Jan 2010
@_wisp
Im just sad that I didnt post my case on Logic always being a wolf if Trash flipped wolf
i was town tho? I would have loved to read it would have been a good laugh. As bad as that read was it was genuine as i had no info on anyone besides yurkin.

Jun 13, 2019 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
logic340 said:
@_wisp
Im just sad that I didnt post my case on Logic always being a wolf if Trash flipped wolf
i was town tho? I would have loved to read it would have been a good laugh. As bad as that read was it was genuine as i had no info on anyone besides yurkin.

Your rolecard said town but in your heart you were a wolf
Jun 13, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
logic340 said:
all good. Tbh, i would play like you if I was on your shoes kek. Too bad we did not forsee the moderror. Need to learn more bout host meta xDD

Jun 13, 2019 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
That was a great game with just the right amount of madness. Thanks Shinichi-Kun!
Imagine this meme
Chad Game host vs Virgin Game Mechanics

gg to ya'll
Jun 13, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2016
@D_V asked some fair questions and I want to answer them publicly.

1. Did you approve this game?
2. How is this game semibastard? It's bastard plain and simple. Game starts with 6 anti-town (Lover and neutral) and can go to 8 anti-town later. Godfather Lover with town? Give me a break. That's bastard.

My reason for questioning this. This game was not sold as bastard ever. It should have been. How can players sign up for this game and enjoy it? On top of that this was approved???? IS this the kind of thing you expect to happen often on the new site?

%%%%%
%%%%%

*sigh*

To directly answer the questions first:

1. Yes, with many reservations which should have been stronger.
2. I agree that this game was a mess, and ideally it would have been much less messy and better run.

Without the host mistakes, the game was scumsided but not unwinnable for town. While I'm not forgiving the setup or the game being a shitshow,

Keep in mind that:

- Town is VERY confirmable and absurdly high power level. Literal potential for an immortal IC was there.
- Stein doesn't actually work in favor of scum. Doesn't necessarily work in favor of town, but is significantly more likely to work in favor of town than in favor of mafia.
- Mafia had VERY little synergy. Even with a skilled scumteam, that role list was not great.

So the game had a lot of swing to it. And I'm not saying that the game was NOT Mafia-sided. But I think that it's not realistic to say that inherently without the hosting issues it was impossible for players to enjoy it.

Is the game bastard overall? Yeah, okay. It was not given enough work to make it not bastard. And that's a big problem, and one that I WAS trying to eradicate from occurring in this community.

I mostly agree with the complaints overall and I wish that this was reviewed in a manner that was less... haphazard and less allowing for some of the shittier parts of the design (and not just the scumsiding, since I think people are having a narrow vision on that) to seep through. I take responsibility there.

However, I think that the hosting of the game is the much bigger problem at hand here than the game balance. There's a limit to how much I could police the hosting. And there's a couple moves which I have every intention of making to prevent this from happening again. I'll talk more about those in a little bit (once I get them confirmed, pretty much).

As for general quality and the insinuation that the new site would have issues with this sort of game coming up... Well. I can't promise for certain that this would never happen again. But one of my goals with games in this community has been to lower the incidence of this sort of feels-bad game. And despite this game, I do think that I've been mostly successful at that.

- WB Yeats
Jun 13, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2016
From the Game Managers, going forward in Games:

- Larger games need a stop-gap second review and dedicated active cohost.

The review process has at times been a mess, with way more time devoted to making a game playable than to making it balanced. At the point where the first reviewer can focus on balance, they sometimes have had much lower energy and time to really give it a fair go. At that point the games have also been rushed to try to get them to fire sooner, which is another no-go.

- We're going to be stricter about who can run games without a cohost.

Mod errors in recent history could have been avoided with more active cohosting.

- All hosts and GMs need organized, full access to the game barring extenuating or mechanical circumstances.

One of the most frustrating elements that can come up as a GM is that not having access to the game organization. This is unacceptable. This was already a rule that was in place, but was not being enforced as well as it should have been.
osieorb18Jun 13, 2019 4:55 PM

- WB Yeats
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (78) « First ... « 76 77 [78]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.