Forum Settings
Forums
New
Poll: Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Volume 11 Discussion
May 16, 2019 11:16 PM

Feb 2018
Here I will explain the synopsis of volume 11 which will be released on May 22, but before I made this topic too fast if volume 11 was released I will add what I explained was brought.

Okay, so here as we know that in the previous volume many students were dropped out of. After the incident many students were shocked but there was still the final test that awaited them, namely the test of the class increase. Here they have to test all of their abilities which means here they have to make ten kinds of tests to be tested, if class C is against class A there will be twenty matches. the problem is that every class must have a leader where the leader has a big risk. If you lose then he will be dropped out of school but if you win then they will benefit.

After that Ayanokouji took the initiative to become the leader of class C because before Ayanokouji got Protect Points obtained from the previous exam so even though Ayanokouji lost he remained in school and was not dropped out. If class C is against class A, I'm sure in volume 11 this will be fun when Ayanokouji and Sakayanagi will compete (artificial genius against born genius), Volume 11 seems to be an interesting series and I hope it can continue and even get an advanced anime adaptation . Yahhh even though that is not possible because many conflicts occur even though their sales are not bad or not good which means the same.

** A little information here class D has become class C you can see it in volume 8 **

After reading the trial reading I thought it would come straight out one volume, apparently it wasn't. For those who do not know what trial reading is, trial reading is a text that is obtained from the publisher where the leak is from the publisher. This prologue in volume 11 explains the flashback about Sakayanagi Arisu. At 8 years old Sakayanagi visited the white room (it was explained when Sakayanagi spoke privately with Ayanokouji who said that "it has been 8 years 48 hours since we met" means that it can be concluded that Sakayanagi is now 16 years old, 16-8 years = 8 years that is the age of Sakayanagi when meeting Ayanokouji, which is where Sakayanagi is interested in Ayanokouji, the nature possessed by Ayanokouji is not possessed by others, he feels more powerful than the others. there is a battle between Ayanokouji and Sakayanagi going through a chess game.

The chess match between Horikita and Hashimoto was won by Hashimoto as a result of class C now going down to class D. Sakayanagi did not take it for granted then challenged Ayanokouji to the match match's unofficial rematch. The match is in chess mode ... after a chess match the final result of Ayanokouji wins. After winning from Sakayanagi. Ayanokouji wants to go back to the dorm but he is not alone Sakayanagi is beside him. Here it seems like Sakayanagi likes Ayanokouji from the first visit of the white room.
SyureriaMay 31, 2019 6:40 PM
May 23, 2019 10:12 PM
Apr 2019
I was hyped when I found the translated prologue a few days before the novel released. The prologue is Arisu Sakayanagi's Monologue, which describes her visit to White Room years ago.
May 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Feb 2018
GSFT said:
I was hyped when I found the translated prologue a few days before the novel released. The prologue is Arisu Sakayanagi's Monologue, which describes her visit to White Room years ago.
Is my explanation above easy to understand? and what do you think about Sakayanagi's visit to the white room.
May 23, 2019 11:16 PM
Apr 2019
Williem said:
GSFT said:
Is my explanation above easy to understand? and what do you think about Sakayanagi's visit to the white room.

Yes, I can still understand your explaination. About Sakayanagi's visit, I still feel there is something else other than one visit to White Room. I mean she is very obsessed with him and in the SS in previous volumes, she wants to make him hers. She still even remember how long since last time she saw him (8 years and 48 hours). Because the volume's prologue is her monologue, I hope more of her opinion about him can be described in this volume.
May 23, 2019 11:26 PM

Feb 2018
GSFT said:
Williem said:

Yes, I can still understand your explaination. About Sakayanagi's visit, I still feel there is something else other than one visit to White Room. I mean she is very obsessed with him and in the SS in previous volumes, she wants to make him hers. She still even remember how long since last time she saw him (8 years and 48 hours). Because the volume's prologue is her monologue, I hope more of her opinion about him can be described in this volume.
I honestly can't wait for this volume and I also want to know who will win the artificial genius or genius from birth. Who is your favorite character here?
May 23, 2019 11:31 PM
Apr 2019
For male, it's Ayanokouji. For female, it's either Karuizawa or Ichinose.
May 24, 2019 12:18 AM

Feb 2018
GSFT said:
It seems like the same as me. why don't you have the rotten Horikita Suzune?
May 24, 2019 7:36 AM
Apr 2019
Williem said:
GSFT said:

Well, Horikita is actually good, but the problem is her attitude. We can see her great development since volume 1 and her brother admit she has changed. What I dislikes is she still solving problems by herself and her obsessive over her brother. If she can be more social and stop chasing after her brother, she will become a good character.

Because of that, I prefer Karuizawa and Ichinose. Anyway, I feel like we make this forum into a chat.
May 24, 2019 8:38 AM

Feb 2018
GSFT said:
Williem said:

Well, Horikita is actually good, but the problem is her attitude. We can see her great development since volume 1 and her brother admit she has changed. What I dislikes is she still solving problems by herself and her obsessive over her brother. If she can be more social and stop chasing after her brother, she will become a good character.

Because of that, I prefer Karuizawa and Ichinose. Anyway, I feel like we make this forum into a chat.
yeah lol let's end it.
May 24, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2011
Williem said:
GSFT said:

Oh no one prefer Sakayanagi ? What a shame.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2019 6:14 PM

Feb 2018
Seiya0890 said:
Williem said:

Come on, you will surely know who is Sakayanagi after reading this 11th volume. There is nothing good in his mind. just obsessed with Ayanokouji.
May 25, 2019 7:40 PM
Apr 2019
So, I finds out the final exam's results, and I don't like it. It was revealed Tsukishiro (Ayanakouji's father's subordinate) interfered with the exam, and Sakayanagi is enraged by it.

Karuizawa got a present from Ayanokouji. Ichinose trying to be attractive to Ayanokouji. Airi is wary when she notice Ichinose seems different around Ayanokouji.

Anyway, I was right when I said there is another reason Sakayanagi is obssessed with Ayanakouji. She is sad because he is alone and no one love him back in the White Room, so she considers him as childhood friend and want to spend time with him. After the final exam, they play chess alone in the library. After Ayanokouji won the chess, Sakayanagi holds his hand to show him he is not alone. 8 years ago, they really have direct confrontation but Ayanokouji forgot it. When Sakayanagi visited the White Room, she hugged him to show him human emotions.

Sakayanagi SS confirms that she is crazy about Ayanokouji, but the way she described it is like a maiden in love.
GSFTMay 25, 2019 11:13 PM
May 26, 2019 6:50 AM

Jun 2011
Williem said:
Seiya0890 said:

Come on, you will surely know who is Sakayanagi after reading this 11th volume. There is nothing good in his mind. just obsessed with Ayanokouji.

According to @GSFT's message, her behavior looks cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2019 11:12 PM
Oct 2019
Just finished reading Volume 10. Please,tell me where I can find Volume 11. The suspense is killing me.
Oct 5, 2019 1:37 AM

Feb 2018
Otakumikz said:
Just finished reading Volume 10. Please,tell me where I can find Volume 11. The suspense is killing me.
You can found it on Bakatsuki xD, idon't know about your country if you from indonesia. you can download at ....
SyureriaOct 12, 2020 4:29 AM
Jan 15, 2020 4:44 PM

Jun 2012
I've got some mixed feelings about this volume. Yes they won in hindsight but they still lost publicly. I'm not really sure to be amaze or to be frustrated. And the chess play wasn't even detailed to the end so that also is something a bit of whatever to me.
Jul 20, 2020 3:24 AM
Jul 2019
And with that ends first year, well there's still spring break.

While the main focus of this is about Sakayanagi vs Ayanokouji, I'd like to talk about the character developments since that stood out more for me.

Like Kiyotaka said, Horikita is certainly developing into someone qualified to be a worthy opponent of Sakayanagi and others. Her brother acknowledges that, but being a brocon hinders that development. She needs to stop copying what her brother does everytime and focus and what she and only she can do. The way she begged for Kiyotaka to win the chess match was proof of that she is indeed turning into a better person than she was before.

But you know what didn't change? The "You ate my food" strategy.

Now Hirata'a case, probably my favorite part of the volume. He went from total nice guy to full edgelord. While I get where he's coming from, I don't think Yamauchi's expulsion was enough to turn him into that. I'm not sure. Maybe there are people out there who's in the same situation as him. I find it unreasonable and maybe they find it the opposite. But none of that matters now since he finally returned to Hirata we once loved. Man, that scene where Kiyotaka just went for that shit was powerful. Sometimes, saying that it's not your fault isn't the best move. Healing the heart is hopeless, sometimes you have to break that heart and rebuild it from scratch. Like what Kiyotaka did in this volume.

Ryuuen is finally back in action and still plays dirty. I agree with him, Class B is united and that's all they going for them. In the past volumes, they kept playing it safe, not attacking other classes. They lack offense. They're like a glass castle or a bunch of fire ants sticking to each other while floating down the river to create a makeshift boat. Attack them and they'll crumble. And also the fact that Ryuuen is the leader already gave them the win from the very beginning. No way Ryuuen's gonna get expelled.

For the finale, the chess match. It was intense but I wish it was more detailed. I would love to see what every move they made. Just like the usual, there's always the twist. I didn't expect the school itself to interfere with the match and that was a dick move. I would be in the same shoes as her if I were to hear that myself.

The last scene of them going back to the dorms was very sweet. Still, I can't surmise what she's feeling but bit by bit I'm starting to see what it is she's actually feeling towards Kiyotaka. Grabbing his hands and putting it between hers is saying something. Sakayanagi is best girl of this volume, fighting for second place with Ichinose.

And with that ends volume 11. Time to read 11.5 for some juicy character and romantic developments.

This, without a doubt is the best amalgamation of illustrations this series has to offer yet.
Aug 27, 2020 3:58 PM

Feb 2015
I just loved the moment when Ayanokouji and Sakayanagi were walking... mhhhh I feel like Sakayanagi's confession beat Kei here but, I mean it's her arc so of course? Kinda moe when she explained his the childhood friend she'd want but never had... I mean... are you sure to face the heavy lose at the end here? Anyway... cute, light atmosphere there. No wonder why, even tho all the skirmishes with Class A there was never a hint of animosity that she directs... huh so she just wants his attention huh.... Oh well...

So anyway let's see how will Kiyotaka's father will try to for him out of the school... Also I'm pretty sure this lose will impact Horikita immensely.

Also Ryuen with the win POGGERS POGGERS POGGERS comeback POGGERS POGGERS POGGERS

Ryuen vs Ayanokouji 2 POGGERS POGGERS POGGERS
Nov 1, 2020 3:11 AM

Mar 2016
Lowkey surprised when Ayanokoji decides that his purpose in school is trying to change Horikita, I thought he didn't trust her. Also Ayanokoji giving what KEI deserves.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Mar 5, 2021 5:41 AM

Feb 2019
Arisu added to the harem this volume. The chess game could have ended up in a draw after taking hour or so to fight against each other. I don't think the author has much knowledge about the game other than it's association with intelligence.

Also loved to see ichinose getting crushed by ryuuen. I was lowkey hoping for that.
Mar 14, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
I think it was a frustrating conclusion to the first year part. Ryuuen made an anticlimactic comeback with no prior buildup. Sakayanagi and Ayanokouji's chess match was completely ruined by the Acting Board, all of Class C's efforts they have accumulated so far gone to waste now that they're back to Class D, and there doesn't seem to be any romantic development with any of the girls. The girls are interested in him but none of them besides Kei I guess so far has never done anything to imply that they would be together. Plus, Horikita the person who most of us thought would be the main heroine seems to have zero romantic development with him whatsoever. I would really dislike it if the ending had a typical bullshit harem conclusion.

Every volume so far has been beyond fantastic, and this LN is not anything like I've read before. Vol. 11 was also very good, but it's just that I would've wanted to see Ayanokouji take more of an active stance and not let his class down by holding himself too much. He made a promise with Horikita and with Chabashira that he would rise to Class A. I simply don't want that happening in a short and in an asspull nature that they rush through in the last volumes. But rather in a gradual build-up.
Kano_NTMar 14, 2021 9:07 AM
Apr 18, 2021 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
This vol is exceeded my expectations. It was amazing.
Jul 26, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2020
kiyopon and arisu walking together felt little goosebumps
i know it nothing like going forever or on adventure etc
still the illustration really felt to heart...
May 2, 2022 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
Ayanokoji's little heart to heart conversation was a really nice scene. It's good to see the old Hirata back.

I felt bad for Ichinose in this volume. She got completely destroyed by Ryuuen.

I loved all of Ayanokoji and Sakayanagi's interactions in this volume. It's too bad we might not get much more of those two together in the future. Although I'm a little annoyed that the director actually did interfere with their match.
Sep 20, 2022 12:41 AM

Oct 2014
Best volume so far for me. Solid all in all despite it starting a little slow. Ayanokouji's talk with Hirata was hands down the greatest part. Had to re-read that chapter a few times for the feels.
Jan 29, 2023 9:22 PM
Mar 2021
My expectations on this volume were pretty high given that this volume is just a direct continuation to the already-so-great volume 10.
I am happy to say that this volume is also amazing.

Horikita was able to unify the class as the commander for the last exam.
The Sakayanagi v. Ayanokouji chess battle was intense.
The interference of former White Room member, Acting Director Tsukishiro
Ryuuen's actions leading to Ichinose's defeat
Kouenji's unexpected behavior

Of course, Ayanokouji is still building up his personal harem each volume.

This sums up the entirety of Year 1 (excl. vol 11.5), and it was a fantastic read.
Mar 9, 2023 2:09 PM

Aug 2020
I'm eager to see this chess arc animated this year.

Jul 10, 2023 8:26 AM

May 2018
I love the idea of having different games for the final exam, although a bit sad that only the Chess was given the chance for a longer fight, would love to see a bit more of the other games.

Also the conversation between Hirata and Ayanokoji is one of the best moments here.

Feb 24, 1:16 PM

Dec 2017
Hated this volume out of all of first year. Even the chaper 6 (ayano and hirata) which I consider the best chapter so far couldn't make me like that stupid af special exam.

Weird decision overall to not secure your third event after two back-to-back relatively easy wins but fine. What infuriates me more is the authors decision to let us know of anyano's loss before his win. Ffs I am reading this LN to see the protagonist win and dominate, where it matters, not fucking lose to some non white room freaks.

Could've just kept ayano in the background like usual if the author was going to end up doing this shit. Feels wasted getting my hopes up for nothing.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.

More topics from this board

» Koenji in Volume 10 Special Exam

OldMonkeyBoy - Feb 22

3 by Peyta12 »»
Feb 22, 8:34 AM

» Volume 0 finnaly on Mal

Pussyit8 - Jan 22

9 by Pendragon572 »»
Jan 24, 2:24 AM

» when should I read volume 0?

Praveen05 - Oct 3, 2023

7 by dodoo_ »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Favorite Volume in Year 1

Praveen05 - Oct 11, 2023

8 by dodoo_ »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e Chapter 1 Discussion

JuanDi_09 - Aug 20, 2022

1 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Jul 1, 2023 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.