Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2019 6:39 PM
Mar 2017
I haven't seen Evangelion yet, but I had a plan for how I would do it.
1. Watch the series with the original versions of episodes 21-24.
2. Watch Death and Rebirth
3. Watch End of Evangelion.

Simple enough, right? The problem is I have no idea if Netflix will have the Director's Cut of episodes 21-24 and I have no way of knowing without looking up the differences and spoiling it for myself. Has it been clarified which version they'll have?
Jun 21, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2015
Watch NGE from Episode 1-24. Then watch The End of Evangelion.
Just ignore Death and Rebirth!
Jun 21, 2019 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
It's got the Director's Cut of Episodes 21 thru 24 and, honestly, I'm glad since they're the definitive versions of those episodes as far as I'm concerned.

And I personally wouldn't recommend watching Death and Rebirth. It's just a recap film, really.
Take care of yourself

Jun 21, 2019 1:02 PM
Jan 2019
So should I watch episodes 25 and 26? People are saying I can skip it and watch EoE. Others are saying watch 25 and 26 then EoE. Also is Rebuild 1.0(1.11) also worth watching? Heard it gets different from 2.0(2.22) and onward
Jun 21, 2019 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
cunzeited said:
So should I watch episodes 25 and 26?

Yes.

----------------
Jun 21, 2019 2:18 PM
Dec 2018
cunzeited said:
So should I watch episodes 25 and 26? People are saying I can skip it and watch EoE. Others are saying watch 25 and 26 then EoE. Also is Rebuild 1.0(1.11) also worth watching? Heard it gets different from 2.0(2.22) and onward

TV eps 25 & 26 are odd. They gave the TV show a really odd ending, which pissed off a lot of fans at the time. Especially since they then had to wait for the "real" ending in the form of the End of Eva movie. This shouldn't be a problem in the modern day though, since you can just watch the movie immediately afterwards.

They can be skipped, but I suggest watching them. Technically, they are supposed to show whats going on in Shinji's head during the climax of the movie and how he came to the decision he made. They are interesting enough, if only so that you will understand why some people hate/love those episodes.

Death(True)^2 can be skipped. It is a recap movie that had a few new scenes when it first came out, but those scenes have since been edited back into the Directors Cut/Platinum edition of the TV show, so there is not much reason to watch it anymore.

Eva Rebuild 1.11 is very faithful to the first 6 episodes of the TV show, with some minor differences. 2.22 and on diverge from the TV show greatly. It's a completely different story from then on. The final film in the series also isn't out yet, and has been delayed multiple times :(

My suggestion is to wait a week or more after finishing up the original series + EoE before moving on the the rebuilds. Treat the Rebuild as it's own separate thing, it is very different from the TV show, and binge it separately.
Jun 21, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2019
bitwright said:
cunzeited said:

TV eps 25 & 26 are odd. They gave the TV show a really odd ending, which pissed off a lot of fans at the time. Especially since they then had to wait for the "real" ending in the form of the End of Eva movie. This shouldn't be a problem in the modern day though, since you can just watch the movie immediately afterwards.

They can be skipped, but I suggest watching them. Technically, they are supposed to show whats going on in Shinji's head during the climax of the movie and how he came to the decision he made. They are interesting enough, if only so that you will understand why some people hate/love those episodes.

Death(True)^2 can be skipped. It is a recap movie that had a few new scenes when it first came out, but those scenes have since been edited back into the Directors Cut/Platinum edition of the TV show, so there is not much reason to watch it anymore.

Eva Rebuild 1.11 is very faithful to the first 6 episodes of the TV show, with some minor differences. 2.22 and on diverge from the TV show greatly. It's a completely different story from then on. The final film in the series also isn't out yet, and has been delayed multiple times :(

My suggestion is to wait a week or more after finishing up the original series + EoE before moving on the the rebuilds. Treat the Rebuild as it's own separate thing, it is very different from the TV show, and binge it separately.
Thank you. I guess I’ll watch them then :) Also since you said Rebuild 1.11 is kinda the same like the first 6 eps I can skip it right? But anyways I plan on just watching the movies before the final movie comes out next year, so I’ll probably watch all of them lol.
Jun 21, 2019 2:39 PM
Dec 2018
cunzeited said:
bitwright said:

Thank you. I guess I’ll watch them then :) Also since you said Rebuild 1.11 is kinda the same like the first 6 eps I can skip it right? But anyways I plan on just watching the movies before the final movie comes out next year, so I’ll probably watch all of them lol.

Rebuild 1.11 can be skipped, since it's hits all the major beats of the first 6 episodes. I know a guy who did things the other way around, watched Rebuild 1.11 first and then started watching the TV show at ep. 7.

I'm a bit of a completionist, so I'm biased toward telling you to watch them both. But if you want to save some time, I would say the first 6 eps and the first movie are fairly interchangeable.
Jun 21, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2010
My advice
NGE 1-26 (with 21-24 director's cut)
death and rebirth
end of eva
it's not like the others were wrong, it's just that 25-26 are good in their own way and you'll get the full picture in end of eva so why not watch it.
Jun 22, 2019 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
I would still watch episodes 25 and 26. Don't get me wrong, it's a weird ending, but I think it is best to experience the whole show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 24, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

173 by kermitpoke »»
Apr 24, 9:46 AM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

71 by SodaPopFrequency »»
Apr 24, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 23, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.