Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2019 1:59 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These last 6 episodes have been sitting downloaded in my backlog for the longest time. As I went to watch them , I was like "why did I put this off for so long? I gave the first 11 episodes a 5, so the show was at least watchable".

...Now I know why. I was avoiding this dumpster fire instinctively. I dont think I've ever watched an entire show from start to finish, and just had more questions than answers, with the questions just continuing to stockpile because no answers were ever given. I think this is the first time I wrapped up a show and just went "what the fuck just happened?"

It's hard for me to even give a breakdown of what I even watched....because I dont even fucking know what I watched.

I wish that someone who went through the VN and has a genuine understanding of the story would come along and explain everything in detail, because frankly my understandings of what transpired are pretty limited.

Karl Kraft was a god who was tired of being god. Decided to work with Heidrick for some reason. Some shit occurred where they've been repeating the same cycle of living countless times but that doesn't fucking matter because it wasn't explained well at all.

-So then this Ren guy is our MC who gets some weird unexplained blade arm and is destined to fight Heidrick for again unexplained reasons. This Marie girl shows up and "aids" him? (really does nothing) for again unexplained reasons.

-Ren and all of the other "good guy" characters proceed to get their asses beat countless times to enemies who all have asinine gary stu level strength for again unexplained reasons.

- So basically nothing super important happens in the first like 10 episodes. Then in 11 you find out Riza raped the soulless body of Johann (who the fuck is Johann?) and gives birth to Issac - who is some creepy like child clone of Heidrick who is needed for reasons unexplained who is already a little boy who can speak and not a baby. And we learn that the creature thing with her is Sakurai's older brother which is also relatively unimportant aside from giving her motivation to fight or something.

- Fast forward to the last 6 episodes. Nothing important happens. Then in the last few episodes, every good guy character dies after getting their asses beat by the broken strong bad guys but pulling off some weird last minute deus ex move that basically results in both sides dying.

- Ren all of a sudden becomes broken strong and can go toe to toe with Heidrick. They fight till they create some black hole that leads to some pocket dimension or some retarded unexplained shit.

- They fight again, Ren wins with the power of friendship. Marie cucks Karl and chooses Ren.

- Somehow Ren doesnt become the new god. Marie does. Then through a completely baffling and unexplained final scene, Kasumi, the only one who didn't die, lived to become an old woman. Shiro, Honjou, Theresia, Sakurai all somehow were reincarnated(?) and were all somewhere between early 20's-30's from the looks of it.

- Ren is somehow the exact same age and remembers everything so he wasn't reincarnated(?) He's immortal or something (?). Kasumi still recognizes him (but it looks like his adult reincarnated friends dont) and makes mention of how he never told her what happened.

- Before he can say anything, a small younger reincarnated Marie walks through the door to visit Kasumi. She somehow also knows Kasumi-sensei (idk how when she's like 20 years younger than the adults who also called her Kasumi-sensei). But stops and sees Ren and even though she's also reincarnated she immediately recognizes him and they both start crying.

I'm actually angry. I'm angry for watching this show. I'm pissed that I just watched 17 episodes of a show that made zero goddamn sense. I just feel like I wasted all that time when I could've watched episodes of a show I actually enjoyed. There are shows I've rated lower, but at least with those shows even though I hated them I at least knew what was going on and just didn't enjoy it. Here I hate it but at the same time dont even know what I hate because nothing was properly explained.

Giving these 6 episodes a 1/10. I gave the first 11 a 5/10 thinking the story had promise because at least the fighting was ok, but that rating is getting changed too.
May 26, 2019 6:48 AM

Jan 2018
I love this anime . I literally enjoyed every minute of it .
All of the characters died except Kasumi but that's okay , they got reincarnated .
Masterpiece
10/10
Feb 25, 2020 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
Last episode was pretty fine compared to the previous ones. The ending was bizarre and random, but I won't complain. The whole anime was that after all.

About the she anime... I read many opinions stating that Season 2 was way better than Season 1. True, it had its pros, such as good looking action scenes or more understandable plot with many explanations absent in the previous season, but it had many cons that also appeared in Season 1 and were even more visible, mostly about random moments and awkward interactions between characters.

Season 1 felt more entertaining, but in the end I can say that both seasons are equal. Season 2 had slightly better art style and animation.

The whole series was bad. Very bad. Cringefest fueled with many boring monologues or discussions between characters, random moments accompanied with classical music (or its rock covers) and characters yelling phrases in German that didn't seem to fit the situation, at least those phrases I understood, because my German is not perfect, though I was able to understand most of them.

I know that this anime is probably epic for people familiar with VN. I haven't played it yet and after watching this show I was discouraged enough to never return to Dies Irae's world, lol. Basically, this anime was painful to watch and I won't lie when I say that I fell asleep at least ten times during watching those 6 episodes of Season 2 alone. I only am like that (falling asleep during watching a show) when I'm either exhausted or the show is boring as hell. I can only tell I was not exhausted or not even tired, and yet I felt sleepy watching this anime, lmao. I think it's also a milestone for me to avoid animes that are bad and just drop them instead of hoping that "it will get better later".
AdnashFeb 26, 2020 7:23 PM
Jul 1, 2020 12:12 PM
Mar 2020
actually can someone shed some light on this? how'd the guy get back to the real world? and the lady in the hospital bed? weren't they originally the same age? and why's the blond girl sitting on the throne and showing up at the hospital as a kid?
Mar 30, 2022 10:15 AM
Oct 2021
Jonesy974 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These last 6 episodes have been sitting downloaded in my backlog for the longest time. As I went to watch them , I was like "why did I put this off for so long? I gave the first 11 episodes a 5, so the show was at least watchable".

...Now I know why. I was avoiding this dumpster fire instinctively. I dont think I've ever watched an entire show from start to finish, and just had more questions than answers, with the questions just continuing to stockpile because no answers were ever given. I think this is the first time I wrapped up a show and just went "what the fuck just happened?"

It's hard for me to even give a breakdown of what I even watched....because I dont even fucking know what I watched.

I wish that someone who went through the VN and has a genuine understanding of the story would come along and explain everything in detail, because frankly my understandings of what transpired are pretty limited.

Karl Kraft was a god who was tired of being god. Decided to work with Heidrick for some reason. Some shit occurred where they've been repeating the same cycle of living countless times but that doesn't fucking matter because it wasn't explained well at all.

-So then this Ren guy is our MC who gets some weird unexplained blade arm and is destined to fight Heidrick for again unexplained reasons. This Marie girl shows up and "aids" him? (really does nothing) for again unexplained reasons.

-Ren and all of the other "good guy" characters proceed to get their asses beat countless times to enemies who all have asinine gary stu level strength for again unexplained reasons.

- So basically nothing super important happens in the first like 10 episodes. Then in 11 you find out Riza raped the soulless body of Johann (who the fuck is Johann?) and gives birth to Issac - who is some creepy like child clone of Heidrick who is needed for reasons unexplained who is already a little boy who can speak and not a baby. And we learn that the creature thing with her is Sakurai's older brother which is also relatively unimportant aside from giving her motivation to fight or something.

- Fast forward to the last 6 episodes. Nothing important happens. Then in the last few episodes, every good guy character dies after getting their asses beat by the broken strong bad guys but pulling off some weird last minute deus ex move that basically results in both sides dying.

- Ren all of a sudden becomes broken strong and can go toe to toe with Heidrick. They fight till they create some black hole that leads to some pocket dimension or some retarded unexplained shit.

- They fight again, Ren wins with the power of friendship. Marie cucks Karl and chooses Ren.

- Somehow Ren doesnt become the new god. Marie does. Then through a completely baffling and unexplained final scene, Kasumi, the only one who didn't die, lived to become an old woman. Shiro, Honjou, Theresia, Sakurai all somehow were reincarnated(?) and were all somewhere between early 20's-30's from the looks of it.

- Ren is somehow the exact same age and remembers everything so he wasn't reincarnated(?) He's immortal or something (?). Kasumi still recognizes him (but it looks like his adult reincarnated friends dont) and makes mention of how he never told her what happened.

- Before he can say anything, a small younger reincarnated Marie walks through the door to visit Kasumi. She somehow also knows Kasumi-sensei (idk how when she's like 20 years younger than the adults who also called her Kasumi-sensei). But stops and sees Ren and even though she's also reincarnated she immediately recognizes him and they both start crying.

I'm actually angry. I'm angry for watching this show. I'm pissed that I just watched 17 episodes of a show that made zero goddamn sense. I just feel like I wasted all that time when I could've watched episodes of a show I actually enjoyed. There are shows I've rated lower, but at least with those shows even though I hated them I at least knew what was going on and just didn't enjoy it. Here I hate it but at the same time dont even know what I hate because nothing was properly explained.

Giving these 6 episodes a 1/10. I gave the first 11 a 5/10 thinking the story had promise because at least the fighting was ok, but that rating is getting changed too.

Nothing more to add, although I gave it a 6/10 for the visuals were not that bad. With that concluded I’m off to some other (better) anime.
Oct 14, 2023 2:33 AM

Jan 2023
wow I didn't expect for Ren to end up with Marie
At first, was hoping for Marie to end up with Ren then thought "no Kazumi will be the one" , and that got me bit sad
but It was shock to see Marie and Ren together, well not that it mattered much
Altho it would have been great If Marie ended up with Mercurius, but Marie's behaviour little by little made it clear.
Honestly, it is awkward Mercurius is his father, well not exactly but kind of, it would have been great if Marie instead played motherly character
well I don't hate the story this way
and Reinhard Heydrich is just the best in the whole anime - and I think his personality was kinda inconsistent in last few episodes - resembled Shirou a lot

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dies Irae: To the Ring Reincarnation Episode 5 Discussion

Adnash - Feb 25, 2020

1 by Balsamina »»
Feb 5, 2021 9:57 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae: To the Ring Reincarnation Episode 1 Discussion

Adnash - Jan 7, 2020

2 by Balsamina »»
Feb 5, 2021 9:56 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae: To the Ring Reincarnation Episode 4 Discussion

Adnash - Feb 17, 2020

0 by Adnash »»
Feb 17, 2020 8:02 PM

Poll: » Dies Irae: To the Ring Reincarnation Episode 3 Discussion

valkiriana - Aug 23, 2018

1 by Adnash »»
Feb 3, 2020 11:59 AM

Poll: » Dies Irae: To the Ring Reincarnation Episode 2 Discussion

Adnash - Jan 12, 2020

0 by Adnash »»
Jan 12, 2020 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.