Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2019 4:36 PM
Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This greatly reminded me of Naruto & Dragon Ball, felt really oldschool & intriguing. The English subtitles were really bad, whoever subbed this isn't the most educated person. The story seems rather dark, ironically it's rated "all ages." Seems like that was Sasuke's backstory (?) not sure, barely any screentime on Sasuke until the very end. His mother was murdered, then he found a half-dead person that literally blew himself up, into literal pieces, it was uncensored.
Sep 11, 2020 4:35 PM

Nov 2015
xeonite said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This greatly reminded me of Naruto & Dragon Ball, felt really oldschool & intriguing. The English subtitles were really bad, whoever subbed this isn't the most educated person. The story seems rather dark, ironically it's rated "all ages." Seems like that was Sasuke's backstory (?) not sure, barely any screentime on Sasuke until the very end. His mother was murdered, then he found a half-dead person that literally blew himself up, into literal pieces, it was uncensored.

Nothing like post-war japan my friend :D i guess they didn't have a censorship committee or whatever yet and pretty much everything on tv was unfiltered heh. it was such a harsh time for kids to live in

đź’˘

Feb 10, 3:15 AM
Jan 2012
The first comment might explain how Kishimoto got inspired for his own version of Sasuke.

More topics from this board

» Are there English subtitles for this?

RaltsPokemon - Jul 19, 2023

1 by Rumahuoraoksenu »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.