Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2019 6:46 AM

Sep 2018
I don't care if a person's views on a show is positive or negative if they explain why.
That was the main reason I came to MAL. To discuss. To fight.

And really this site has proven time to time that there are a lot of people with valuable and great opinions. Then there are people who I absolutely hate. The clickbaiters (I don't know if that's a word or not). And what I hate more are people who respond to them knowing it was so bait even though the solution is crystal clear.

Don't respond if they are not ready to discuss.

If you really think they are valuable, tell me why.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 16, 2019 7:39 AM

Jun 2017
People will still not listen.

They like to get baited. To be fooled.

That botan chan's thread is seriously pissing me off. And the fact that people are still responded responding is beyond my understanding.
Jan 16, 2019 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
The bad thing is that its Hard to Know if its bait or if the OP are just Idiots...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2019 8:01 AM

Jun 2017
Afloo said:
The bad thing is that its Hard to Know if its bait or if the OP are just Idiots...

Yuup. But either way they are stupid.

Like, explain.
Jan 16, 2019 1:05 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
It's amazing that they feel the need to make an entire thread just to watch people disagree with them, lol. One episode isn't enough to decide whether or not a show will be good or not and it's elitist as hell to assume so. SAO had a great first episode, after all. It's going to take more than an episode to set up the mind games in this anime.
Jan 16, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah i agree,a new troll is here he Said that the promised Neverland is the worst anime of the season the anime is good so far,there are many terrible anime on This season,but This isn't One of them let's just ignore the troll
Jan 18, 2019 2:51 AM

Sep 2018
Isidoro4567 said:
Yeah i agree,a new troll is here he Said that the promised Neverland is the worst anime of the season the anime is good so far,there are many terrible anime on This season,but This isn't One of them let's just ignore the troll

People are still responding to him.
What a bunch of idiots.. Some of them know it's a bait and are accepting it.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jan 18, 2019 6:00 AM
Aug 2014
As somebody who didn't like the first episode even I find the obvious bait thread hilariously bad lol

I'm hoping episode 2 is better :)
Jan 18, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
Why is saying they didn't like the show so far considered bait?
Jan 18, 2019 11:47 AM
Apr 2018
Right now I don't think you can say that this show is good or garbage. You have to let a few episodes pass, because everyone knows that the first 2 to 3 episodes of (almost) any show are at least decent or good.
Jan 22, 2019 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
BigBlueBash said:
People will still not listen.

They like to get baited. To be fooled.

That botan chan's thread is seriously pissing me off. And the fact that people are still responded responding is beyond my understanding.

Yeah, obvious bait is totally obvious, because there always one or two "threads" like that in every popular anime who airing in certain seasons...

The best way just ignore them because it always happens every time..
Jan 22, 2019 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
dc22 said:

Because most of the threads i found about them (not only this anime but mostly popular anime with high rating), they only shit talking and giving personal hate without giving any constructive reasons why they hate it and why is it bad...

Like one thread saying "the characters are bad, the story is shit" when the anime itself is only about two episodes airing which still not enough to judge it that fast, and ignoring when people ask what part of it who makes the story is shit or trolling with unrelated and same answers just to boil their blood..

Even when i checked their profiles most of them apparently do the same things with other anime as well

That's why i come to a thought that they just like to hate popular anime in general and trolling with people by creating those threads, and i know not all of them are like that because there are also serious threads about why they dislike the particular anime..
Jan 22, 2019 3:04 PM

May 2015
dc22 said:

People always give a response like this, and it never makes sense. They're considered bait threads not because the OP just doesn't like the show, but because they never have legitimate criticisms and are obviously trying to make fans mad. Threads that have arguments and are made out of a genuine interest in discussion are pretty rare nowadays. Especially if the show is popular, highly rated, or both. If one of those threads actually does pop up, there's very few people that will dismiss it as bait.

Jan 22, 2019 9:42 PM

Jun 2017
dc22 said:

It won't support the discussion.
No problem if you give you opinions with any explanation.
Jan 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Jun 2017
I think now the people are aware.

No such threads are up now.
There is one with an actual good argument
Jan 24, 2019 3:52 PM
May 2016
papsoshea said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

People always give a response like this, and it never makes sense. They're considered bait threads not because the OP just doesn't like the show, but because they never have legitimate criticisms and are obviously trying to make fans mad. Threads that have arguments and are made out of a genuine interest in discussion are pretty rare nowadays. Especially if the show is popular, highly rated, or both. If one of those threads actually does pop up, there's very few people that will dismiss it as bait.
Even when people do explain their position, give critiques and openly discuss the show, they still get labelled a troll, click baiter, blind hater or an elitist just for having a negative viewpoint. A good recent example was Goblin Slayer.

you've got a point there, but some people don't actually know how to explain their opinions in a way that make other people understand, likely just assuming that the readers will know what they mean, and that's likely why they get labelled that way. When talking to my speech pathologist, I thought I had explained my view point on a specific topic, but they kept asking me to elaborate on what I had been trying to say until I got to the real meat of what had been bothering me. I had been saying that "(so-on-so) is a annoying" and said what I thought was annoying, but my Pathologist had me get into why it was annoying me, not the what, who, or when, but why and how.
Jan 24, 2019 4:21 PM

Dec 2008
Put a big fat worm on a hook, throw it in the water and see who bites? Not me, I'll leave that to some other fool.
Life Is Short But Intense.

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.