Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2019 5:46 PM
Jan 2019
Hello!
I am looking for anime with very powerful, strong, domineering type of male lead role.
Romance / action / fantasy, i enjoy most genre's. I would love to find something that is a bit more mature and not high school related. English sub required (i don't know Japanese) not interested in dubbed as i prefer anime in Japanese.

I've watched a bit of High school of the dead, i found it distasteful.

I liked Dancing with devils but i couldn't continue watching because its a musical (not a fan).

I've also watched Kaichou wa Maid Sama - Had some good bits but mostly boring and i hate how the drawing style of the animation kept changing (pick one!)

I LOVED Diabolik Lovers, perfect example of strong, dominant type.
Although it lacked story line.

Jan 10, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2014
I'd suggest continuing watching Maid-sama, it's the most popular shoujo there is. That's just my personal bias, though.

Domineering male:

Magician's Bride

Romance / action / fantasy

Sword Art Online

Since you loved Diabolik Lovers:

Vampire Knight, High School Host Club

You won't really find many non-high school related anime, anime is filled with them. Imo it's more of a matter whether it's done good, not the setting. Most of the time it plays no role that the setting is in school. For example Code Geass had school setting when it literally had no role, etc.
Jan 12, 2019 12:22 AM
Jan 2019
Thank you Niber,
I’ll look into those you suggested.
It doesn’t really bother me to much, I was just wondering if there was any anime out there that wasn’t high school setting!

I guess I will give Maid-Sama another chance as I have been wondering lately how it ended.
I just hate really abusive female lead roles. She’s always bullying everyone >.<
Jan 12, 2019 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
I have some only romance/drama that u might like:
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Itazura na Kiss
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Jan 12, 2019 1:52 AM

Oct 2014
Sprinklez said:
Thank you Niber,
I’ll look into those you suggested.
It doesn’t really bother me to much, I was just wondering if there was any anime out there that wasn’t high school setting!

I guess I will give Maid-Sama another chance as I have been wondering lately how it ended.
I just hate really abusive female lead roles. She’s always bullying everyone >.<

It's amazing, I promise. I wouldn't have Maid-sama as my favorite anime after so many years. The anime that got me into anime. To each their own, though.
EDIT: I can see where you're coming from, Misaki beating up people, but it's more of a trope than anything else, I wouldn't take it too meaningfully.
Jan 12, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2012
I'm not sure Chiaki Shinichi of Nodame Cantabile is whom you are looking for, but I'll toss him into the mix. Set in a college-level music conservatory.

+Mahoutsukai no Yome
Jan 12, 2019 4:50 AM

Apr 2012
@Sprinklez
Typically I would recommend you something like Master Keaton or Sword of the Stranger, but since you like Diabolik Lovers, I'm really not sure.
Jan 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2017
Just watch all the popular stuff and you're good
Jan 12, 2019 11:25 PM
Jan 2019
HisokaxMeruem said:
I have some only romance/drama that u might like:
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Itazura na Kiss
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

I watched Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Thank you for the recommendation.

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
9 minutes ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 2 hours ago

0 by Gfralp »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
6 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.