Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 2, 2019 2:37 AM

Jan 2018
So I just finished this show, and I loved it. Great character development, plot, animation, music, it literally sucked me in. There's this one thing though. And this one thing can be said for a number of shows with the similar school romance comedy genre. While the romance between the two main characters in this show showed greatly through the witty dialogue and flirting between them (not to mention the bizarre comments Sakuta made), it truly wasn't enough in my honest opinion. I don't want to sound like a freak, but I literally sat through the whole show expecting them to at least hug or kiss or do whatever since they are in love with eachother, but all we get is Mai being a classic tsundere troll. Like seriously, all we get is ONE kiss on the cheek and the rest is just stepping on toes and pinching cheeks. Is it just me or does anyone else feel completely empty after the ending being yet another pinch on the cheek with no true romantic moment. I get that not all romantic moments in a show have to have physical moments, but there are so many scenes in this show where it would make perfect sense but it never happens. I swear like 80% of school romance animes do this and just edge the s**t out of the viewers. I know it might sound weird to care so much, but putting many powerful moments that have the opportunities to strengthen character relations to waste truly pisses me off.

Also, can anyone who has read the LNs confirm with a spoiler tag if the romance progresses into anything above than what I just mentioned? Important because I don't want to feel that disappointment with the movie (although I will still love it nevertheless)
Rlan98Jan 2, 2019 4:17 AM
Jan 2, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2018
papsoshea said:
The real issue I have with romance anime is when it takes 12 episodes just for a confession or hold hands. This, however, is different. We get this early on and the two not kissing on the lips is beside the point. If you're watching anime for those purposes then you're doing it wrong. There were far more intimate moments between the two, and given the type of people they were, it would just lessen themselves as characters for it to happen so easily and early - its so superficial to have this notion that unless people kiss, then apparently "it truly isn't enough."

Quick edit: The ending scene would have been nice, but that moment summed up their relationship nicely, think about it. Its opinions at the end of the day so my bad for coming across a bit feisty.

Yeah I understand your point man, it was just pretty triggering at the end. I think it had something to do with the depressing undertone throughout the show, and in order to make up for that a kiss or at least some physical affection seemed obligatory to lighten the mood and create a sort of “wow” factor. Sorry if I sound stupid or weird lol that’s just what I think personally. Still a fantastic show
Jan 2, 2019 8:50 AM
May 2009
I agree that it did have the typical pitfall of never getting that far with physical contact. So many anime treats hugs like making out lol. The ending was probably not a good place to put a gag. I mean obviously we're not looking for hentai, but I do note a lot of anime tends to be go to one of two extremes.

OTOH, I'm just really glad that despite the arc based nature of the show, that the romance remains consistent, and what they say actually sticks. People don't disappear for long. Too many shows tend to have the male MC as a walking penis that just sticks to w/e the girl of the week is and that really spoils any emotional content.
Jan 6, 2019 6:48 AM

Aug 2017
A kiss at the end would have been a lot better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.