Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 3, 2019 11:01 PM
Dec 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
It's close enough to SAO, but they can like it because it's new enough and hasn't gained that much popularity. Wait for a few month. Befor the end of the cour, you will see people beginning to trash it, to not be the ones that like it, because they would look stupid.

Is 85k members without it even being released yet not odd to you? Most don't even reach that much after their season ends. This is one of the only isekai novels that actually isn't shit. That 8.5 is only going to go up as the edgy weebs get in on bandwagon.

Plus MiA OST's creator is doing the music score, so it'll sound damn good.
Jan 3, 2019 11:08 PM
Aug 2018
Blood_Butterfly said:
This crappy is a new goblin slayer. An overrated show, which fans say is a mature and dark show, but in reality is another average anime with the same story that many other animes have had

Boy Goblin Slayer was about a man who wanted to slay goblins for what they did to his sister and everyone he knew, that’s it, what other anime has that plot I’m actually curious but seriously hating an anime people like you sound super edgy my dude đź‘Ś
Jan 3, 2019 11:12 PM
Aug 2018
If you don’t like the show or the plot or anything about it then leave like I personally am not a fan of Mob Psycho but that doesn’t mean I get to tell everyone that likes it that it’s overrated just because I don’t like it.
Jan 3, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2017
LoganMcClure21 said:
If you don’t like the show or the plot or anything about it then leave like I personally am not a fan of Mob Psycho but that doesn’t mean I get to tell everyone that likes it that it’s overrated just because I don’t like it.

Mob Psycho is succ
Jan 4, 2019 12:20 AM
Mar 2018
Chill out, after some episodes, the rating will drop because, after chapter 20 in manga, the story develops the most beloved isekai harem cliche plot twister loli category.
Jan 4, 2019 12:37 AM
Mar 2018
Jin_uzuki said:
"This is Isekai is good, it's totally not like the other isekai, we swear" is my favorite Isekai/LN meme.

Or "It's been only X episodes, dude. It'll get good after Y episodes, I swear!"
Jan 4, 2019 12:57 AM

Sep 2013
AnimeSucks420 said:
nothing, its overrated for some reason, but then again bnha also got popular and its garbage so dw

Haven't even watched this anime yet but this is funny coming from someone rating all of the SAOs, K, Shinsekai, and AoT 10/10s. And I thought I had some shit taste lmao.
Jan 4, 2019 1:41 AM

Aug 2018
Come on another repetitive isekai harem shits
I want more romcom animes!!!! lol
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 4, 2019 2:58 AM
Dec 2018
Ressonancee said:
Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for those types of anime's.
Jan 4, 2019 2:59 AM

Mar 2018
Good that everybody is arguing with eachother instead of awnsering my question

Like jesus I just want to know from the people who haven't read the manga or novel why they gave the anime a 10. Yes I understand that manga and novel readers gave it a 10 because it gets better in the future, but I don't understand it from the people who didn't read them.

Jesus this thread is cancer
Jan 4, 2019 3:04 AM
Dec 2018
Groenboys said:

Like jesus I just want to know from the people who haven't read the manga or novel why they gave the anime a 10. Yes I understand that manga and novel readers gave it a 10 because it gets better in the future, but I don't understand it from the people who didn't read them.

Sorry man, I really wish I wasn't tainted with the manga so I could give you a straight answer but my opinion'll be skewed if I try.

But I will anyhow attempt it.

In my opinion, I simply liked it because it was almost exactly the same as the first 2 sections of the manga. What hooked me was the under powered MC and the feeling of despair in the whole thing. Plus I just liked the idea that he might turn into an anti-hero or something. Pretty simple, but I'm pretty stupid myself.
Jan 4, 2019 3:53 AM
Jan 2016
just is honestly just the MAL community, shows aren't actually that good is rated higher than it actually is like Your Name. Its definitely a fun movie with alot redeeming aspects like its brilliant transitions and great pacing however i wouldn't consider a movie that is incomplete a 9/10. The director himself said if u had more time he wanted to flesh out more elements of the movie its the reason why certain subplots get abandoned near the end of the movie.

Anyways about this manga its definitely average i read the manga i heard the novel much better though. But for me its an isekai with a fun twist however they are plenty of these types of manga, korean or chinese that are executed much better like Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. To me this is honestly like a timepass manga something to read to pass your time its not insulting like fairy tail but not really good enough to be that engaged.

However in the end of the day really take MAL score as a grain of salt. Thats like taking mainstream critics gaming reviews seriously honestly same principle. However this manga ( i have not read the novel) quality does diminish quite significantly after the first major arc so its honestly downhill for me.
Jan 4, 2019 4:34 AM
May 2017
Alpha_Tranny said:
I don’t give it a 10 but I find the anime a compelling breathe of fresh air in contrast to other isekai anime. The biggest and most notable change is how they portray the protagonist being in the lowest social state with the lowest power level while other shows of its ilk would do the opposite as well as play on the idea of the female character that for no reason dotes on him has ulterior motives.

TL;DR I find how they handle the protagonist compelling in contrast to other isekai.

have you forgotten about Re:Zero?
Jan 4, 2019 5:21 AM
May 2017
fmadiva said:
Don't trust anyone on this website, they have horrible tastes here.

I gave it a 1/10 out of spite because I'm tired of shows pandering to incel nobodies who's never touched a tit or amounted to anything in life and giving them self inserts when they could take the RPG/fantasy genre and actually, idk, do something different with it without regurgitating the same formula over and over. Isekai is a great concept often completely ruined by the superficial power fantasies of otaku NEETs and it's sad.

This is why anime as a genre needs more diverse writers and producers need to pick up more original and unique light novels like No. 6 because plenty of them exist I'm sure.

if you're tired of isekai that are self-insert harem power fantasies, then you should check out Re:Zero, as it was created by a guy who hates those exact tropes
Jan 4, 2019 5:24 AM
May 2017
Ressonancee said:

watch Bunny Girl-senpai and Bloom Into You, they're awesome
MABfan11Jan 4, 2019 5:45 AM
Jan 4, 2019 5:43 AM
Nov 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Weeb_Punisher said:

Is 85k members without it even being released yet not odd to you? Most don't even reach that much after their season ends. This is one of the only isekai novels that actually isn't shit. That 8.5 is only going to go up as the edgy weebs get in on bandwagon.

Because for you 85k people rating the show before it air is a sign of quality. It's a sign of brainless fanboyism, at best. There are some every cour. Not bad, but not so good either, that are hype by the community into being the one.

So according to you you are perfectly right and 85k are fools then, what a beautiful delusion you are living in I think it's time for you to wake up into reality.
Of course not everyone will like a particular anime or a movie for that matter there will be 1 in a million who hates a successful show but we only consider what majority thinks.
You are free to hate or like the show but don't act high and mighty that your opinion is final and others should listen to them.
Dhyan_manuJan 4, 2019 5:47 AM
Jan 4, 2019 7:38 AM
May 2017
It's "dark" and "serious".
*Sigh...

Jan 4, 2019 9:00 AM

Feb 2015
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35790/Tate_no_Yuusha_no_Nariagari/stats

I can't see why people just wanna pure hate and underrate an anime because it's getting a lot of praise. Like it doesn't deserve under a 4. Even if you don't like Isekai, adventure, or seinen.

I know the question wasn't directed towards people who read the manga/LN, but it's because it actually seems to follow the manga. I can't speak for the LN because I haven't read it.
Insert Text Here
Jan 4, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2014
filipcentko552 said:
Its Kinema Citrus so u know Its good
just because made in abyss? i dont know, the studio doesnt mean anything
Jan 4, 2019 9:44 AM

Sep 2017
to give a literal answer,

• depending on how many camera-type eyes you're using to watch and how effective information is processed and travels through neural pathways... it may vary
  • if you watch it raw, you won't be seeing subtitles
  • the brightness, dimness, angle, quality, and use of hallucinogens may also make you see things that others aren't seeing
Signature
Jan 4, 2019 9:58 AM

Apr 2018
Groenboys said:

Is it really that hard to figure out? For someone who's playing the smartass role that's quite the disappointment:
The premise of the show was pretty appealing and the pacing was good, so a lot of people just didn't notice any flaws u might have found that's keeping your score down, no flaws means 10/10, u might found it superficial but I honestly see nothing wrong not to overthink when watching an anime, it's a fucking piece of entartainment after all.
This thread was cancer right from the opening post btw
Jan 4, 2019 12:13 PM

Aug 2017
Everyone has their own tastes, something just looks at, something is just reading.
Jan 4, 2019 12:42 PM
Apr 2017
Well everyone is entitled to prefer this show, whilst others won't. It's all dependent on personal opinion, and taste, no one is forced to like/ dislike anything.
Jan 4, 2019 12:44 PM
Nov 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Dhyan_manu said:
So according to you you are perfectly right and 85k are fools then, what a beautiful delusion you are living in I think it's time for you to wake up into reality.
Of course not everyone will like a particular anime or a movie for that matter there will be 1 in lakh who hates a successful show but we only consider what majority thinks.
You are free to hate or like the show but don't act high and mighty that your opinion is final and others should listen to them.
According to the stats a vast majority of people think SAO is very good, so by your logic it is very good, since a lot of people said so (my opinion on that is that it has its time, but a lot of default, especially after the first arc). There is a french humorist (Coluche) that once said "It's not because they are plenty to be wrong that they are right.".

Anyway, I wasn't even saying they were wrong, heck how would I know, I haven't seen it, since it hasn't started airing. And that's my point. A good series can have an awful adaptation (Berserk for example, the new Hoshin adaptation, or to leave the animation world, the Hobbit Trilogy) - and from what I read about it until now, it's close enough to SAO, and thus might follow the same path. Because the hate bandwagon is only as strong as the hype train, and if you've been in the anime "community" for long enough, you would know people tend to hate because they don't want to be in the part of people that defend it, even if they still watch every episode... Even you avoided to rate SAO, when you began Alicization, meaning you probably have seen the whole SAO franchise. You just proved my point. People don't want to say they watch/like it, because a vocal part think it's the worse thing ever, so either people join them or just avoid to express themselves about it. It's not new.

Anyway, I just said it's stupid to rate an anime from the knowledge of the original material, or because of what you heard. And to do that you have to be a brainless fanboy. Because you can't even differentiate the original material from it's adaptation. It was never about hate or listening to my opinion, because I actually don't have one. I fear it's gonna be like all those overhyped show that just end being decent. I might be wrong about that. But still that doesn't make the 85k people that already gave it high scores less of some brainless fanboys. (and my bad, I just realised you were part of those, which explain why you were so much on the defensive).

When it comes to SAO it still remains as one of the top LN till date the anime sucks because the adaptation was bad there was literally no character development for kirito hence it was hated but still it is one of the most popular anime out there.
Like they say any fame is good fame haters are the people who truly popularize an anime. So it's better to have people like you and the other guy to increase popularity of this anime when people ask why its bad most haters will reply slavery, harem ending, op status for mc so on but in case you don't know majority (not elitists) who watch anime for entertainment actually like those concepts they don't care about in-depth logic behind them which proves why SAO is popular even now and making tons of money same goes for the shield hero as well only a very select few will continue reading novel after the anime ends so if you say the ending of novel is bad it barely has any effect on the majority crowd watching anime.
Jan 4, 2019 1:03 PM
Dec 2018
Turtles_Hunter said:
Weeb_Punisher said:

Because for you 85k people rating the show before it air is a sign of quality. It's a sign of brainless fanboyism, at best. There are some every cour. Not bad, but not so good either, that are hype by the community into being the one.
Fair enough point you have there. I was just meaning it as it already has a highly rated/big following for being a LN/WN/Manga series. I happen to have read the manga, so not gonna lie I like the anime.
Jan 4, 2019 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
MABfan11 said:
fmadiva said:
Don't trust anyone on this website, they have horrible tastes here.

I gave it a 1/10 out of spite because I'm tired of shows pandering to incel nobodies who's never touched a tit or amounted to anything in life and giving them self inserts when they could take the RPG/fantasy genre and actually, idk, do something different with it without regurgitating the same formula over and over. Isekai is a great concept often completely ruined by the superficial power fantasies of otaku NEETs and it's sad.

This is why anime as a genre needs more diverse writers and producers need to pick up more original and unique light novels like No. 6 because plenty of them exist I'm sure.

if you're tired of isekai that are self-insert harem power fantasies, then you should check out Re:Zero, as it was created by a guy who hates those exact tropes

I don't bang with shows that have sezualized 12yo looking girls either so I would rather not, I'm tired of that shit too

Thanks for the recommendation though, I appreciate it
Jan 4, 2019 11:23 PM

May 2018
StargazerSazuri said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35790/Tate_no_Yuusha_no_Nariagari/stats

I can't see why people just wanna pure hate and underrate an anime because it's getting a lot of praise. Like it doesn't deserve under a 4. Even if you don't like Isekai, adventure, or seinen.

I know the question wasn't directed towards people who read the manga/LN, but it's because it actually seems to follow the manga. I can't speak for the LN because I haven't read it.

It's simple. They are mad it's getting more attention then their favorite shows. It's a natural human reaction, so they make up excuses like "edgy main character" , "harem shit", "generic isekai", (insert buzzword here) and actually believe people give a fuck about their opinion. I'm gonna give this a 10/10 just to piss them off :)

Please, keep hating on it, you're just making it more popular by generating endless discussion.
Jan 4, 2019 11:56 PM

May 2015
fmadiva said:
MABfan11 said:

I don't bang with shows that have sezualized 12yo looking girls either so I would rather not, I'm tired of that shit too

Which character are you referring to exactly? Because I watched the entire show, and I don't remember a sexualized 12 year old.

Jan 5, 2019 12:43 AM
May 2017
fmadiva said:
MABfan11 said:

good thing that Re:Zero doesn't have sexualized lolis either
Jan 5, 2019 7:18 AM
Sep 2016
Do you remember that Goblin Slayer after the first episode was the new Berserk?
it makes no sense, Evangelion and CowBoy Bebop are rated with a lower grade than Banny Sempai, and I liked Banny Sempai, but they are not even comparable
Jan 5, 2019 7:19 AM
Apr 2016
When some people can't accept the score and they make a thread like this.
Jan 5, 2019 4:53 PM
Jan 2018
To half the people commenting a bunch of hate. There is this crazy freaking idea that some people have never heard of before. Other people have different opinions and enjoy different things. Stop hating stuff to create drama. I'd you don't like, move on.

To the op, it honestly feels like it might be a good video game style isekai. There seems to be very valid systems in the world that I could see being in a video game. I also like the way that it isn't kirito 2.0 like so many idiots seems to think. He is underpowered and literally has to work his way up from nothing. I'm interested to see how the relationship with his "slave" will play out. I haven't read the manga but I'm hoping he will be a nice guy and treat her with respect. Then when he leaves, give her her freedom. It honestly feels like it could be a good isekai, but we will have to wait and see.
Jan 8, 2019 8:21 PM

Mar 2009
I mean, there's really not much to say. People are obsessed with isekai lately, thus the score. They're always the biggest anime of the season, and they're usually very highly rated.
Jan 9, 2019 1:07 PM
Jun 2015
IMO, I think this anime shows a lot of promise in the sense that our main hero is perceived as a villain and embraces the idea. While the anime begins very similar to most anime being released recent where the main character is brought to another world, I think it becomes clear that this is going to be a more sophisticated and intriguing idea. They make him the "Shield Hero" which is obvious to everyone that a shield is not a weapon, making it more intriguing to see how he will be able to become this great hero of legend. I personally can not wait for the next episode and am contemplating reading the manga.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.