Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 1, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2018
Exactly what the title says. I've been debating whether or not to watch it. It doesn't look too bad, but some of my friends say it's trash while some praise it. Also, it's kind of long... The longest anime I've watched was Prillya, being 4 seasons long. But this anime... is also 4 seasons long (will have a fourth season I mean) and judging by the second+third season, each season is over 2x the amount of episodes as a normal season of anime.

TL;DR: Is My Hero Acadamia good enough to spend 63 episode's worth of time on?
Jan 1, 2019 2:42 AM

Jan 2009
its a battle shonen so if you enjoy other battle shonen like Bleach and Naruto then you will enjoy this too plus its seasonal so no fillers and the animation quality never drops
Jan 1, 2019 2:45 AM

Mar 2018
I don't think you'll enjoy it by looking at your list, which is pretty close to mine in term of taste. It's just a mainstream battle shounen with nothing noteworthy.

Jan 1, 2019 2:52 AM
Aug 2013
It's good if you just want to see powers and some action scenes without any storyline, it's just about an academy/school of heroes and the heroes do hero things like fight villains. And that's all they do for all 3 seasons of the anime so far

An alternative you can watch that is shorter is tokyo esp or kekkai sensen, there's less episodes but basically all about heroes
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 1, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2018
Renkini said:
I don't think you'll enjoy it by looking at your list, which is pretty close to mine in term of taste. It's just a mainstream battle shounen with nothing noteworthy.

Your list completely shits on mine in terms of size, but that's probably because I haven't been serious on keeping track of stuff until these few months.

Anyways, the thing is that we have a 6% affinity lol.
Also (yes I read your biography) I watch too much hentai.

But, seeing as you like shounen and have seen KLK, IG i can trust you. TBH im expecting the replies here to be mixed.
Jan 1, 2019 3:08 AM

May 2014
It doesn't really do anything new for the shonen genre, but it executes everything that genre is known for perfectly. Plus it's just fun to watch.
Jan 2, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2013
I'm all about shonen series but I really didn't like it. You can check my list for what type of animes I like, it's usually the same shonen stuff but for some reason the new shonen series are really not fun to me. Just so you know, it's not because I'm sick of shonen, it's just that it's too kiddy even for what it is.
Jan 2, 2019 5:01 PM

May 2016
if you're into battle shounen then you'll probs like it a lot

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jan 2, 2019 5:25 PM

May 2015
I'm not into typical battle shounen but I liked the characters enough to care what will happen to them. You can just try and see for yourself, you don't have to commit to all episodes (good thing about seasons is that you can finish one and choose not to watch next). Although I found 1st season to be ok and nothing special, but 2d was much better and things really picked up from there.
Jan 2, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2017
As everyone said, if you enjoy watching fights you will like it, there's not a real "plot" on it, it's a child who want to be an hero that fight bad people, very simple and nothing particular, just a mix of things that are known to be liked by the big part of the public, like characters who get angry and power up etc
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Jan 2, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2018
My hero is just a show that does the battle shounen tropes well.

More topics from this board

» "Average" love interest

U9 - Apr 5

3 by isseixkoneko »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime with op mc that is underestimated

MeAnimeLists - Jul 3, 2023

11 by DOOMGuYMi5js »»
1 hour ago

» short shonen anime recommendations, max 2 seasons

Mari_NN - 8 hours ago

6 by AzafuseKingTora »»
2 hours ago

» Can someone please put me on to some sad anime

Fischer77 - Apr 19

15 by Khashishi »»
8 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Apr 25

13 by Khashishi »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.