Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 27, 2018 4:36 AM

Oct 2015
As an anime-only watcher, I don't know if Eugeo will stay with Kirito but honestly I don't like him, actually I hate him. He doesn't have the same charisma as Kirito and is not as OP as Kirito, and to be honest the pair Kirito-Eugeo doesn't work for me. I would have preferred a Kirito-only adventure or a Kirito-Asuna pair.So I wanted to know if Eugeo is going to be an important character during the whole arc of if he is going to leave at some point.
Dec 27, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2009
you want spoilers?
Dec 27, 2018 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
deg said:
you want spoilers?

If it's a minor spoiler I don't care.
Dec 27, 2018 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
Anowser said:
deg said:
you want spoilers?

welp its a major spoiler so never mind
Dec 27, 2018 5:39 AM

Oct 2015
deg said:
Anowser said:

I mean if he just happens to die, it's not a major spoiler to me
Dec 27, 2018 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
Anowser said:
deg said:

Dec 27, 2018 5:46 AM

Oct 2015
deg said:
Anowser said:

Thanks i am looking forward to see it !
Dec 27, 2018 5:38 PM
Feb 2018
Sorry I don’t know what to tell but Eugeo is gonna important and I disagree with you 100% Eugeo is a great character and it’s cool seeing Kirito with a boy and having best friend like Eugeo. They’re friendship is gonna be important in this arc.
Dec 27, 2018 10:33 PM

Nov 2014
Maybe about as important as like Klein or something? That or he is probably a little more plot relevant down the line and they'll pull some drama out of him. Sachi or Yuuki vibes anyone? Maybe not, but SAO does tend to like to pull drama out that way. It's almost always death or almost-rape scenes, so hopefully the writer can show he is capable of writing something a little different?

Plot relevance aside, he doesn't feel like he supports or adds to Kirito in any way. Although this does seem to be something that Eugeo seems insecure about himself. Could be worth exploring a little more into to be honest.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 27, 2018 11:30 PM
Oct 2012
Welp, While Eugeo is not my fav, I quite like him. and reading about him in the novels was also enjoyable.

I guess some anime-only ppl might not really get into him coz they cut a lot of eugeo focus early stuff.

Like Eugeo yelling like an idiot in Goblin fight in cave. ( it didn't happen in novel )

Eugeo fight with goblin leader was reduced to 2-3 swing and then he getting cut ... in novel he fight quite good for quite a while, but it explain he only use very few similar pattern, coz his only training was swinging Axe in same pattern for years. so after a while goblin leader read/predict his pattern and gave him a cut.

Eugeo Battle with Zink after the Festival in Rulid Village, they cut it whole in anime, here eugeo was able to use a new skill by himself depend on situation and win, even surprising kirito coz he didn't teach him this move.

Eugeo's grows and development in Zakkaria Arc and his eventual change of mindset from naive village boy.
it also show us quite a bit of Eugeo x Kirito bromance
but this whole Arc was also cut lol

these are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there was even more small details that matter, but cut from anime, guess they have to sacrifice some stuff to animate other stuff, tho i wouldn't agree with all their decisions on which to choose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 28, 2018 4:22 AM
Apr 2018
Pedram said:
Welp, While Eugeo is not my fav, I quite like him. and reading about him in the novels was also enjoyable.

I guess some anime-only ppl might not really get into him coz they cut a lot of eugeo focus early stuff.

Like Eugeo yelling like an idiot in Goblin fight in cave. ( it didn't happen in novel )

Eugeo fight with goblin leader was reduced to 2-3 swing and then he getting cut ... in novel he fight quite good for quite a while, but it explain he only use very few similar pattern, coz his only training was swinging Axe in same pattern for years. so after a while goblin leader read/predict his pattern and gave him a cut.

Eugeo Battle with Zink after the Festival in Rulid Village, they cut it whole in anime, here eugeo was able to use a new skill by himself depend on situation and win, even surprising kirito coz he didn't teach him this move.

Eugeo's grows and development in Zakkaria Arc and his eventual change of mindset from naive village boy.
it also show us quite a bit of Eugeo x Kirito bromance
but this whole Arc was also cut lol

these are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there was even more small details that matter, but cut from anime, guess they have to sacrifice some stuff to animate other stuff, tho i wouldn't agree with all their decisions on which to choose ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Add the part where Eugeo with the injured eye sees kirito fighting against Raios in which he confesses that he should have studied the art of the sword more consistently or when he is taken away and he no longer believes that he is suitable to teach Tieze for that What did he do.
other cuts concerning other characters that I remember now are the cut made in the famous scene of episode 10 with Tieze's speech to Eugeo who even had an illustration in the novel or kirito that uses the same move of his teacher to defeat Raios(they animated it but they skipped the monologue and the observation of eugeo making it seem like a casual move) emphasizing the growth of kirito in the academy and the teacher-pupil bond and its relative discourse.
I can understand that everything can not be adapted but here we go further, we change scenes or behaviors to make the scenes with more impact when not needed or because we need to get to 24 minutes. It is becoming too superficial
Blaze35Dec 28, 2018 4:26 AM
Dec 28, 2018 5:09 AM

Jun 2016
Nope, he is my favorite character.
Dec 30, 2018 2:39 AM
Jul 2009
The anime pretty much cut out everything that makes Eugeo great in the book, so it's no surprise you don't have any feelings for someone who's been reduced to a side character.

In the book half of the story is actually from his perspective. And it's from that gradually changing perspective that you feel him grow, and understand just how important Kirito and Alice are to him.

But in the anime all that is gone.

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.