Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 17, 2018 7:11 PM
Oct 2018
i heard good and bad things about fairy tail, should i give it a opportunity?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 17, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2017
Just watch a couple of episodes and if it is good for you continue it but if it's bad drop it immediately, it just get worse through time but I think the first season is really good
Dec 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Feb 2016
Objectively, Fairy Tail is a terrible anime. The story is weak, the characters are either OP or useless and the animation is mediocre. However i somehow find it entertaining, it's a basic shounen with both boring and (almost) good arcs. If you don't mind having to bear all the crappy characters and the predictable fights and if you have nothing better to watch, give it a shot. Good luck
yo, i like memes
Dec 25, 2018 2:38 AM

Jan 2018
Fairy Tail is all those things dummyn45 mentioned, and I too find it just absolutely still entertaining.

For me it's a series where I can turn off my brain because the plot isn't all that important. The bad guys are clearly marked, as are our heroes. And on top of it, about every 4th episode or so there's always a moment where I can jump up and shout "F*CK HIM UP, NATSU!" and Natsu complies.

Swap that on occasion with Erza, and leave thinking at the door, and it can be mindless fun.

Although I just finished the Tenrou Island episode where Cana and Gilardts first speak, and as a father that was separated from my daughter for many years, I gotta admit, I sniffled a few times lol
You can make me grow old, but you can never make me grow up!
Dec 25, 2018 4:21 AM

Feb 2015
Fairy Tail is one of the easiest battle shounens to watch. The story is incredibly simple, so it's hard to get lost even if you take a break from it. The magic system is easy to understand and explains itself mostly through its visuals. The character interactions are fun, and revolves strongly around a friendship/family theme. It never tries to be more than it really is, instead it knows what it is and sticks to it to the end.

You can watch just the first episode, as it gives a pretty good and clear picture of what the overall series is going to be like, and go by that to decide if it's worth continuing.
Jan 1, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
I read about 360 chapters of the manga and I think it's one of the absolute worst things I've ever witnessed. It starts out as a fairly generic, yet somewhat enjoyable action fantasy story, but somewhere along the way the series abandons any ounce of logic and respectability. The fights are total bullshit and make so sense whatsoever, also everything about FT is always weirdly sexual, all the girls are sexualized to absolute max (even children) and they're always stupid sex jokes, even in serious moments. I onyl started FT so I make fun about, but the part where Erza gets stripped naked and whipped made me eventually drop the series (though the arc before that already had some serious red flags).
Jan 1, 2019 7:30 AM

Nov 2018
FT was the first long running Anime I watched, so I love it, sure it has its downsides like many long running series do in areas, but naturally the choice on whether you think its worth watching falls down to you, you'll either like it or you don't
Jan 2, 2019 1:14 AM
Mar 2018
Of course it is . It is better than HxH and some other shounen anime series
Jan 3, 2019 9:45 AM

Sep 2018
I wouldnt recommend it because of lack in interisting Characters,i am not the biggest fan of this kind of Maigc system (Black Clover,Fairly Tail), some antagonist just suck ass some are ok but no one is rly good,never ever funny i could list even more things like the boring story for example...
But you should watch the first episodes and then decide for yourself

If you didnt liked it but searching for a good battle shounen that is actually good then i would HxH 2011 and Haikyuu (its not a battle shounen but a good sports shounen)
-Mullerio-Jan 3, 2019 9:51 AM
Jan 3, 2019 8:19 PM
Jun 2015
It's incredibly paint by numbers and plays the whole "Power of Friendship" thing to an extreme and has several other issues bland villains and characters at times and honestly no one outside the mains feeling particularly relevant and lots of plot armor. With that said, yeah sure go for it. It's an incredibly good popcorn series in that you can just put your brain on cruise control and enjoy a good pleasant ride of action and adventure. It's nothing ground breaking in it's genre, but frankly I've never really gotten the impression it's trying to be so. It's a simple battle shounen and it's more than happy to oblige that mindset.
Jan 6, 2019 7:42 AM
Jun 2016
EMP-511 said:

Saying that shows like Black Clover and Fairy Tail are better than HxH should be a cardinal sin in my opinion. HxH is the king of shounen, there's a reason it's a part of the top ten highest rated anime on this webpage and Fairy Tail isn't.
Jan 19, 2019 9:02 AM

Sep 2018
Weebston said:
EMP-511 said:

Saying that shows like Black Clover and Fairy Tail are better than HxH should be a cardinal sin in my opinion. HxH is the king of shounen, there's a reason it's a part of the top ten highest rated anime on this webpage and Fairy Tail isn't.

I wouldnt call it a sin, but when you say that Fairly tail its better than HxH i assume you either
1. didnt watch Hxh (or at least not ep 81 till end)
2. you dont like seeing your main Character fail (that is the most importand thing in a shounen,the main Character fails 1 2 or even more times but is still trying to improve)
3. you like villians that are "just" bad with no reason for being so
4. you really are a fan of the howl "power of friendship" thing (i dont have a problem with that but its too much in FT because the power of friendship shouldnt win a fight alone)
Jan 19, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
Simple if you like shounen animes then give it a try but don't expect too much

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jan 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Jan 2017
idontknowsarcasm said:
i heard good and bad things about fairy tail, should i give it a opportunity?

Good first couple arcs, shit after episode 48. I would say the worst anime I've ever seen but at least it had a decent start
you're cool
Jan 21, 2019 1:51 AM
Mar 2018
Mullerio said:
Weebston said:

I wouldnt call it a sin, but when you say that Fairly tail its better than HxH i assume you either
2. you dont like seeing your main Character fail (that is the most importand thing in a shounen,the main Character fails 1 2 or even more times but is still trying to improve)
4. you really are a fan of the howl "power of friendship" thing (i dont have a problem with that but its too much in FT because the power of friendship shouldnt win a fight alone)

Black Clover is nothing compared to Fairy Tail. It is nothing but a stock pile of ripoffs from naruto, ft and mha etc. Calling FT and BC equal is a cardinal SIN. FT is way better than Black Clover and Bleach.

And for your information,FMAB is the king of all shounens,not hxh. By hxh I meant the older version. The 2011 version is called "Hunter x Hunter 2011", right? Or don't you even know that? It is 5th, not the older one. Otherwise I would have said "HxH 2011". Hey, Listen, you two, try to understand what others say before taunting and criticizing people.
katharsis_3173Jan 21, 2019 6:53 AM
Jan 21, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2015
dummyn45 said:
Objectively, Fairy Tail is a terrible anime. The story is weak, the characters are either OP or useless and the animation is mediocre. However i somehow find it entertaining, it's a basic shounen with both boring and (almost) good arcs. If you don't mind having to bear all the crappy characters and the predictable fights and if you have nothing better to watch, give it a shot. Good luck

Basically this sums up everything about Fairy Tail.

Jan 21, 2019 9:08 AM

Sep 2018
EMP-511 said:
Mullerio said:

Black Clover is nothing compared to Fairy Tail. It is nothing but a stock pile of ripoffs from naruto, ft and mha etc. Calling FT and BC equal is a cardinal SIN. FT is way better than Black Clover and Bleach.

And for your information,FMAB is the king of all shounens,not hxh. By hxh I meant the older version. The 2011 version is called "Hunter x Hunter 2011", right? Or don't you even know that? It is 5th, not the older one. Otherwise I would have said "HxH 2011". Hey, Listen, you two, try to understand what others say before taunting and criticizing people.

When someone says HxH i think of both the new and old one and i thought you meant both too and i would consider Ft and BC equel because after the underwater arc Black clover got from 2/10 to like 4/10 and thats my rating for Fairy tail too...

In my Opinion there isnt a "king of shounen" because what even is the King of shounen its all based on opinion,for example in sales One piece would be the king of shounen

In my opinion Hxh and FMA:B are the King of shounen because they are not as generic as Fairy tail or Black Clover
Jan 21, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2018
No the fairy tail series in my opinion gets very dry and repetitive after episode 150.
Jan 21, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2017
there are a lot better shows to watch than FT, save your time :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kradical - Aug 12, 2011

92 by shiroyasha367 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.