Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 16, 2019 5:54 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I personally think anyone who complains about something they dislike are just a bunch of babies tbh.

It's sad this show isn't gonna have it's actual contents talked about for awhile given all the major talk surrounding the series currently has been about the author and his views on certain things.

One of the things about entertainment is that it's supposed to be a form of escapism. Now it's not like it's wrong for people to talk about their opinions on certain subjects and relate it to real life, whether it's something personal or not, but honestly it shouldn't reflect the series in a negative light at all.
Jan 16, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
NthDegree said:
@Reload 1. No, he could have simply chosen to try to win people over by hard work and showing his sincerity. Now he goes from wide eyed innocent protag to a slave owner in a few hours. My memory on the exact time in the LN is hazy but in the anime he gives up in maybe a day. Alternatively he could simply find a person who either doesn't believe or doesn't care about the accusation. It isn't realistic to say that there is not a single person like that in a capital-sized city.

2. Yes. It doesn't make the slavery any more excusable though.

By the way, I'm probably going to comment on these threads less now that the second episode has aired. I don't typically watch series I hate, so I'll be increasingly out of the loop.

The reason why the kingdom believes said rumors is because it's backed by the king. Hard work and sincerity doesn't help if he's being prejudged. Most would see such acts as fake or asking for attention. Truth is, hard work and sincerity is exactly what the MC does throughout the story. Also, he has found people who don't believe and don't care about the accusation. Wondering how you miss that. Hoping you weren't expecting all that to happen in 1 episode. The story isn't saying there wasn't a single person that fits your description. (Ex: Shop Owners, Slave Trader, Heroine Herself, Soldiers After 1st Wave) Question is, who would bet their life on it before seeing it for themselves. How far have you actually read? It would seem all that matters to you is the title the character has, and not what he does with it.

Slavery doesn't need to be excused in literature, nor does murder and all other immoral acts depicted in literature. The MC doesn't even take the fact he's a master seriously. One thing I think I should mention at this point is that all 4 heroes are slaves themselves; summoned against their will, and doing the kingdom's job for them. If anything, the MC only dragged a bystander into his predicament. Said bystander was at death's door to begin with, so this is the only justification I see on the MC's part. At most, the MC sees his actions as saving someone, as opposed to taking away someone's freedom, at the price of putting them in harms way.

I didn't plan to watch this myself for other reasons, but I felt misinterpretations of the story needed to be cleared up. In your case, I just believe you weren't the targeted audience. You don't need to justify why you hate the series to begin with. I don't believe slavery or misogyny are the reason you hate the series. If you enjoyed other series with slavery in it, it was either dulled down more than this series or acceptable because it was historically accurate. The argument you seem to be pushing is to "not bring non-fictional elements into fiction", period. I'd agree, we teach history to prevent horrific events from repeating themselves, but sometimes it backfires. However, I don't see this happening with anime, as I don't see it happening with video games. If you've ever watched a video game tournament, it's pretty darn civil. There's your fair share of salt, but nothing more. Of course, you can also find videos of rage to the point of destroying one's own property. (Getting off topic here) Anyhow, stumbling upon something you hate is only natural. Not like we can justify why we like or dislike certain foods. It's a product of what we've had.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Feb 17, 2019 12:11 AM
Jun 2009
OP, are you perhaps a prophet?
Feb 17, 2019 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
What the heck,you people are trying to hard.
Rance X is A GOAT.
Feb 20, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2007
Its an rpg, thats the premise of this anime. Shiels are not uswd for attacking generally
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.