Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2018 3:04 PM
Dec 2012
just finished shinsekai yori and i thought it was amazing!
however, there’s still something that bugs me:
that akki was maria and mamoru’s child; but how exactly
did the queerats obtain it?
did they kidnap them or something? were they forced to
get pregnant?
but considering their cantus’ power and stuff, that doesn’t really
seem possible- then how could they take the child from them?

also, they presented their bones to the ethics council-
but, i mean, they would’ve had to do so pretty fast or they would
have raised suspicion, and waiting more than 9 months to get these bones to
them sounds a little fishy.

and do you think they were killed by the queerats (which, again,
doesn’t sound realistic.)

i think it was really weird that saki didn’t ask squealer about maria and
mamoru... like about the circumstances of their death.

do you guys have any theories?
Nov 11, 2018 3:12 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't they said that the bones were probably fake? I can't recall exactly who said what, but it was hinted that Maria and Mamoru's bones were probably not their and that they both were likely kept alive with the queerats in order to breed.
Nov 11, 2018 3:17 PM
Dec 2012
Hrybami said:
Didn't they said that the bones were probably fake? I can't recall exactly who said what, but it was hinted that Maria and Mamoru's bones were probably not their and that they both were likely kept alive with the queerats in order to breed.

yeah, squealer said they would fake bones, but a few episodes later tomiko confirmed that the bones in fact belonged to maria and mamoru, they proved it by comparing their dentist records and dna
Nov 13, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2012
I felt confused on this as well. Where did they live for all that time? And how did Sqealer obtain their child and bones? Assumably he killed them but how would he do that?
Nov 20, 2018 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
I don't think it's at all farfetched to assume Squealer had them killed. They didn't need the Messiah to kill humans. Would just have to catch them unaware. We can safely say that Squealer lied about not knowing the whereabouts of Mamoru and Maria when Saki and Satoru were trying to find them in that 3-day period of time they were given. How else would he have gained access to their child? He probably made a deal to shelter and protect them and when Maria fell pregnant maybe they decided to stay until the birth?

From there I guess it's possible that Maria/Mamoru left the child in the care of Squealer and his colony. They could have gone off to live their life away from the village and surrounding area as they originally planned. It seems like a cruel thing but remember Maria hated the village at point. Like, hated them with a passion. And if the colony had taken good care of her and Mamoru during her preganancy maybe she thought they could take care of the child?

Still seems more likely that Squealer killed them and kept the child for himself. Having access to the false minoshiro he was probably well aware of how he could turn her in to a weapon.

As for the 9 month gap between Maria/Mamoru's disappearance and presenting the bones, that seems harder to explain. I wouldn't call it a plot hole though as there's probably some explanations that could be concoted.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 15, 2020 6:27 PM

Nov 2010
For me this is a huge plot hole. I would love to know what happened to them
Oct 20, 2020 9:04 PM

Apr 2020
They're dead, saddly.
The only "confirmation" about this is when Tomiko said they confirmed their dental arch.

It's not clear if they're killed by the rats, or if the redhead girl is really their daughter, but its implied when Satoru suposes that.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Nov 4, 2020 2:00 PM

May 2015
Yeah it really sucks they died. Its depressing when you think about it how about 2/3 of the main cast are dead by the end. Im just rethinking about this series and remembering all the depressing shit and why I probably wont re-watch it lol. (Great series though and definitely worth a first watch)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2022 6:08 PM

Jul 2021
YossaRedMage said:
I don't think it's at all farfetched to assume Squealer had them killed. They didn't need the Messiah to kill humans. Would just have to catch them unaware. We can safely say that Squealer lied about not knowing the whereabouts of Mamoru and Maria when Saki and Satoru were trying to find them in that 3-day period of time they were given. How else would he have gained access to their child? He probably made a deal to shelter and protect them and when Maria fell pregnant maybe they decided to stay until the birth?

From there I guess it's possible that Maria/Mamoru left the child in the care of Squealer and his colony. They could have gone off to live their life away from the village and surrounding area as they originally planned. It seems like a cruel thing but remember Maria hated the village at point. Like, hated them with a passion. And if the colony had taken good care of her and Mamoru during her preganancy maybe she thought they could take care of the child?

Still seems more likely that Squealer killed them and kept the child for himself. Having access to the false minoshiro he was probably well aware of how he could turn her in to a weapon.

As for the 9 month gap between Maria/Mamoru's disappearance and presenting the bones, that seems harder to explain. I wouldn't call it a plot hole though as there's probably some explanations that could be concoted.

You have a great theory about maria and mamoru stay under squeler for a set amount of time. Its like hiding under your nose.

But its very unlikely to maria to leave her baby under squaler. What kind of mother she is if she left her child?

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.