Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2018 6:01 PM
Oct 2018
So as we know a big complaint about the Tournament of Power is that Goku seemed to run out of stamina and just keep going for some reason.
However it has been known since at least the Buu Arc that at least Goku as a character can gain stamina back really really really quickly.... like within a minute. Episode 281 of Dragon Ball Z Goku told Vegeta that he no longer had the power to defeat Buu but if he had just one minute to rest he could. Although that ended up not panning out entirely the way Goku thought the idea that he could recover the stamina used in SSJ3 so quickly is the point I would like to make. SSJ3 uses a lot of stamina as we know, so for Goku to not only use that but also fight in that form awhile and actually believe he can regain that stamina in a minute is impressive.

So give it many more years of training, and perfect Ki control due to Whis training him then it makes sense that Goku could recover so many times in the Tournament. After his fight with Jiren he had a few minutes roughly AND got help from Freezer. Then after his fight with Kefla he didn't even have to recover from a serious attack like what he did against Jiren so it makes sense he would be able to recover more. In fact I would argue that he was almost never out of stamina. If anything battle damage was the real issue we should have questioned in the Tournament but even then there is an argument that he was healing rapidly like what we saw in the battle of gods movie, although there is not proof he could still do that so I don't really like that argument but it has more merit than the stamina argument by a long shot.

These are just my thoughts since a big complaint about that arc was characters having endless stamina. I think in the dragon ball world it is probably safe to assume many martial arts based characters can probably recover stamina quickly since we have seen it repeatedly since the Buu arc. Maybe not all but a good number. For all i know this is a Sayian only trait, I really don't know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq-JzAx-gQk

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.