Forums
New
Sep 24, 2018 1:43 AM
Aug 2017
catzybluphishApr 14, 2020 9:31 AM
Sep 24, 2018 9:30 AM
Dec 2015
!!!WARNING!!!: COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS FORM OTHER ANIMES

Your feelings are completely valid and absolutely understandable.
However me, as a massive Trigger fanboy, and somebody who completely understands the philosophy behind their works ( I'm referring now mostly to Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill) I can confirm that a scene like what you've described could never be possible in a Trigger anime. Now I don't know if you saw either TTGL either KLK, but both of their endings are very similar to DITF's ending in many point of view, but now I'm referring now mostly to the " last message of the enemy BOSS" which is always about the promise that, till humanity exist they will return and they going to win. This was the case whit the Antispiral in TTGL, whit Ragyo and the Life Fibers in KLK and this is the same case in DITF whit the VIRM. Because of this "messages" the humanity in Trigger's anime are basically always in war preparedness even after the protagonists have won against the BIG BOSS. A scene described by you would basically symbolize the achievement of the final peace, however that's never the case in Trigger animes. The war goes on even after the anime ends. ( This so called " last message of the enemy BOSS" because it can be found in every major Trigger work I call it a " Trigerian argumentum" [ it's just Latin don't freak out ]. Some may call it a cliche that they use because they don't know how to tell a story otherwise but imo this " cliches" are the reason why Trigger's animes are so special and recognizable from the mass )
The point that I'm trying to make is that your feelings are understandable, but if you looking for something like what you just described you never going to find that in any Trigger anime, neither from this one. You can probably see those things in other animes but not here fam. Probably Trigger animes are just not for you're taste.

P.S.: By the way, I've finished the anime today as well. For me this is a 9.5/10 anime. Trigger never disappoints, at least not for me.
Sep 24, 2018 10:26 AM
Sep 2018
in my opinion it sucked. the first 14 eps were fine but the last 4 or so were dogshit. they felt rushed and it was so disorganized (it was like the two studios that worked on it had different ideas so they smashed them together and called it a day). i don't like when anime centers around romance while being an action anime (as im looking at it now i feel as though watchin the show was a mistake on my end) but the ending wrapped up the (somewhat) interesting series with amazing worldbilding and a nicely put together cast so poorly that it physically hurts. it disappointed me greatly-- not the best comeback to anime (also did i mention how its whole """philosophical meaning""" resorts to "uwu we are in love let's just pull off a naruto and ship everyone,, because that is some rick and morty level of philosophy right there fam)
owls are cool
Sep 24, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
You are not alone. The ending have been controversial to say the least. Its the least rated episode of all the episodes so far, even lower than the poorly directed and terribly written episode 23 and episode 20 where the out of nowhere twist happened and when the opinions on the show started to shift. The backlash was so bad that even hardcore fans stopped defending the show, some even outright abandoning it, people started to write fanfics as an alternate canon ending and hate posts against the anime and the creators started to make it to the top even in its own dedicated fan websites like its own subreddit.

I have to say its on the list of one of the most disappointing endings I have ever seen. And imagine that stretching over a full half year instead of a week of bingewatching at most to be rewarrded with it.

Some have managed to cope by assuming that they will recover their memories or something.
AriavartanSep 24, 2018 1:02 PM
Sep 25, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2017
While I didn't mind the ending, it sure was dissappointing to say the least. This destroyed a lot of potential for the franchise's future, such as a potential sequel series/OVA/movie.
Sep 25, 2018 4:26 PM

Aug 2017
Darling in the FranXX was never good in the first place. It just went from bad to shit.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 28, 2018 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
It was never good to begin with and the ending made me hate it even more.
Sep 30, 2018 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
Just binged watched it. Abit disappointed with the ending, would have been happier even if it was just a vague travelling the universe together. Maybe arrive back on earth in the future but with their original selves, ready for the next battle.

Much easier to come to terms with when you arnt watching it over the period of a year for a conclusion though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

317 by otakuanity »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

330 by poscula »»
May 4, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.