Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 13, 2018 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
all along I thought almita was his wife and those were their kids.

but in the last or so ep, the child says dad home and then she comes out [lokking all god tier waifu] and the child calls her big sister instead of mom. so shes willems daughter too, so wheres his wife?

its never stated, but could the red head who stabbed Elq and called willem a moron be the wife? so both parents are braves? she seems older than him, and the way she jumped at almiras cake the was meant for the cloaked blondie didnt make her seems like the mom at all.

so where was willems wife in all this?
Sep 14, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
all along I thought almita was his wife and those were their kids.

but in the last or so ep, the child says dad home and then she comes out [lokking all god tier waifu] and the child calls her big sister instead of mom. so shes willems daughter too, so wheres his wife?

its never stated, but could the red head who stabbed Elq and called willem a moron be the wife? so both parents are braves? she seems older than him, and the way she jumped at almiras cake the was meant for the cloaked blondie didnt make her seems like the mom at all.

so where was willems wife in all this?

I suppose you mean Almaria, rather than Almita (Almita is the young fairy who keep falling from various places).
Those children are children from the orphanage Willem was raised in. Willem was the oldest child there, and since the owner of the orphanage wasn't really taking care of them, Willem was doing a good part of the job as caretaker. Everyone else kind of started calling him "dad"after a specific event, and it stuck.
Willem was never married. Although Almaria was kind of acting like a caretaker after a while as well as the second oldest and since Willem was often away for his job as a Quasi Brave, there's no such relationship between Willem and Almaria.
ZefyrisSep 17, 2018 12:45 PM
Sep 16, 2018 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
thx for those 3 answers. i'll just state stuff here for all 3.

I looked it up, I got that name wrong alright, almita's just easier.... kitty forgets things.

This anime was chtholly's story and it ended there, so the rest of the chars fates arent explained and no sight of 2nd season......

While the anime stuck to manga for the story, many details were left out, and the way it unfolds and ends therefore is very different than the manga. and stuff turns out different w/o its proper [manga] context.

willem running the orphanage is not stated in the anime anywhre is it?
Sep 17, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
thx for those 3 answers. i'll just state stuff here for all 3.

I looked it up, I got that name wrong alright, almita's just easier.... kitty forgets things.

This anime was chtholly's story and it ended there, so the rest of the chars fates arent explained and no sight of 2nd season......

While the anime stuck to manga for the story, many details were left out, and the way it unfolds and ends therefore is very different than the manga. and stuff turns out different w/o its proper [manga] context.

willem running the orphanage is not stated in the anime anywhre is it?

Willem's back story from 500 years ago in the novels is kind of volume 4 anyway IIRC, so it's no longer Chtholly's story.
I don't think the anime explained it, but I'm not sure the novel mentions it earlier than volume 4. Maybe it does and I'm just not remembering it.
Regardless, since it's Willem's story and not closely related to Chtholly's story, yes the anime kind of don't go into too much details about the old orphanage and his relation with the human kids.

You can't really say the anime is "different" ImO .
Sure some details part of volume 1-3 are left out, but they're preparing for the volume 4 and 5's part of the story that isn't adapted there, so even if they were kept in the anime version you would get very little use of those in an adaptation stopping at the end of volume 3 anyway.
It's not as complete as the novel, sure, but no anime adaptation of a light novel is (not even Rokka no Yuusha did a 100% adaptation and RnY adapted one single volume in 12 episodes, figure.).
The anime really reflects the volumes 1 to 3 of the novel and is faithful to them, so it's definitely a good adaptation.

Yes, you're right, you won't get the end of the story in the anime version; but you could argue that the end is not out in he novel either, since to explain the last scene of the novels you need the sequel and the sequel is still being published right now (probably will require at least three more volume before ending too).
So a second season wouldn't give you the end either.

So well... It couldn't be helped tbh. I'd say the place it cut the story is the best it could cut it.
ZefyrisSep 17, 2018 12:54 PM
Sep 18, 2018 4:29 PM

Jun 2015
Zefyris said:
Regardless, since it's Willem's story and not closely related to Chtholly's story, yes the anime kind of don't go into too much details about the old orphanage and his relation with the human kids.
Exactly my point, the anime is not willems story
Zefyris said:
I'd say the place it cut the story is the best it could cut it.
yes they did, and bcz of THAT, the anime is NOT willems story, is is chtholly's. as far as Im concerned, this show ended perfectly. the anime presents an end to to its story. the MC is dead, her lover is dead, her mind/spirit is gone, and she's killed a bunch of monsters and nuked the place apart. anime was chtholy's story and it ends with her death. perfect ending. thats why I gave it a 9
Sep 18, 2018 4:31 PM

Jun 2015
a sequel might actually be dissappointing as it will take a lot away from the anime only end.... also I read those spoilers... yeh would be dissappointing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

459 by Zefyris »»
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.