3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.0
1 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2018 2:39 AM

Jun 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Start from 229 when you're back (sorry this is a message for my future self)

I am liking this new arc so far, adding new world building and getting out of the gloomy and dark atmosphere in the dark city. Pretty enjoyable watching Xiao Yan pummel the bad guys.

However, series as a whole is largely flawed and dragged on at many parts especially the Han Feng saga. I heard someone said that "the story is pretty enjoyable but author often forget things in the past", and it's shown throughout the manhua. The plot is highly incoherent and inconsistent, change of tone/pace is very abrupt, and the villains are very shallow, even their "bad guy talk" is just a copy pasta of the previous baddies.

Remember Lin Yan from the Jia Nan academy? When he was first introduced he was ranked 5, few chapters later he's referred to as rank 10, then 9, then 4, then whichever. Either that was a translation error (which I doubt) or the mangaka was drunk when he drew the chapter.

Back when Qing Lin (snake-human hybid green haired kid) was kidnapped I thought our main lead would go and rescue her, but the story completely shifted and the main protagonist even forgot about her, and the subplot was completely thrown out of the window.

There's way too many subplots that was throw aside just to give more focus on the main story arc which was Yun Lan sect and Han Feng, which weren't even that good to be honest. Yun Shan's character was disappointing, Soul Clan so far have been quite boring to be frank, and Han Feng is straight up annoying.

Even then, the story is still pretty nice to read if you like this type of story, the dialogue and plot are very repetitive, and I mean, VERY repetitive within itself but the world is pretty swee, the growth of the protagonist is pretty nice as well.. but there are better wuxia manhua out there.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 178 Discussion

Monad - May 2, 2017

1 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 3, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 109 Discussion

Jicetus - Aug 2, 2015

6 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 1, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 100 Discussion

Jicetus - Jul 28, 2015

3 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 1, 1:11 PM

» Medusa

bushman66 - May 1, 2022

0 by bushman66 »»
May 1, 2022 6:53 PM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 192 Discussion

MortalMelancholy - Apr 15, 2017

2 by Jeenah1991 »»
Feb 20, 2022 1:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.