Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2018 4:18 AM

May 2018
Heya fellas. Just as the title suggests..I am a total anime newbie. Got hooked after a friend of mine showed me a couple Studio Ghibli films and I fell in love with anime as an art form. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting into the hobby sooner, since I'm a big gamer and have been playing JRPGs since the late '90s...heh. Anyway I'm all for recommendations so any anime (doesn't have to be a masterpiece, heck I'll watch anything these days) you got, feel free to tell me about it.
May 23, 2018 4:51 AM

Mar 2017
Welcome to the forums! (^o^)/

Feel free to add me. (β•Ήβ—‘β•Ή)

"I hate painful things. I also hate scary things. Surely, those people too... whether its pain or scary things, I think they... don't want it too."

~ Yoshino
(Date A live)
May 23, 2018 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
Welcome to MAL. Add me if you want any recommendations, depending on what it is.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 23, 2018 6:57 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Hello and welcome to MAL! Hope you will enjoy your stay.

On the other hand you can still quit anime, before it's too late...
May 23, 2018 7:00 AM

May 2018
Thanks bunches, my new tomodachi. :)

Barnald said:
Hello and welcome to MAL! Hope you will enjoy your stay.

On the other hand you can still quit anime, before it's too late...

Ha! Any way to tell if I've gone too far over the edge? :D
May 23, 2018 7:17 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
WhiteDragonAura said:

Ha! Any way to tell if I've gone too far over the edge? :D

You start watching anime for the sake of girl with nice design you saw on the cover image, then get excited because she did something cute. Or you start participating in waifu wars. Or having waifu in general. Or when you start using word deconstruction towards every show you encounter. Or... you get the idea.

As you can see there are many red flags.

Obviously, it's just a meme. Don't take the community too seriously and watch what you like ;)
May 23, 2018 7:26 AM

May 2018
Whoa, intense. Ironically, Waifu Wars sounds like it could be an actual anime. lol

Thanks for the (meme) words of encouragement, Barnald. Haha. :D
May 23, 2018 7:42 AM
Sep 2017
WhiteDragonAura said:
Heya fellas. Just as the title suggests..I am a total anime newbie. Got hooked after a friend of mine showed me a couple Studio Ghibli films and I fell in love with anime as an art form. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting into the hobby sooner, since I'm a big gamer and have been playing JRPGs since the late '90s...heh. Anyway I'm all for recommendations so any anime (doesn't have to be a masterpiece, heck I'll watch anything these days) you got, feel free to tell me about it.

If you want recommendations, could you tell a genre you are interested in.

Also some general recommendations cowboy bebop, one punch man, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, koe no kotachi, death note, kimi no nawa.
May 23, 2018 8:04 AM

May 2018
Pratham333 said:

Also some general recommendations cowboy bebop, one punch man, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, koe no kotachi, death note, kimi no nawa.

Sure, no problem. I'll watch anything as long as it's good but some specific genres would be action/supernatural/mech/sci-fi. Anything like that. Thanks for the recs, mate. :)
May 23, 2018 10:28 AM

Oct 2009
Welcome to MAL 😎 πŸ‘‰
May 23, 2018 10:55 AM

Nov 2017
welcome to MAL :) if you like the action see One Punch Man and Naruto the are very good series you'll love it

May 23, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2018
TONYBoii said:
Welcome to MAL 😎 πŸ‘‰

Thanks, TONYBoii. Nice to meet you, bro.

andresgoku01 said:
welcome to MAL :) if you like the action see One Punch Man and Naruto the are very good series you'll love it

Thanks for the recs! Gonna definitely be checking these out.
May 23, 2018 1:19 PM

Sep 2017
Welcome to MAL! I'd recommend Hyouka, (slice of life, mystery, and romance) Hunter x Huner (action) Tsubasa Chronicle and Haikyuu!! (sports and comedy)

I would also recommend Toradora!, but only if you like a bit of drama :) KoboSuba is also hilarious, K-On! is a very nice slice of life, Darker than Black is a great action anime, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is a fun action/comedy, The Deadly Seven Sins is also a nice action, Death Note is a good mystery about two geniuses who battle each other, a classic. Flip Flappers and Redline are both eye candy material and Shelter is a very nice short music video what accomplishes a lot in a few minutes.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here! ^-^

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

May 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
Welcome ^~^ add me if you wanna chat sometime.

I recommend Toradora for a great romantic anime, Plastic Memories if you want a lot of OOMPH and DAWWWs over a small dose, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you want romance and mystery sprinkled with horror.

And for just some gool ol Shounen time, Hokuto no Ken.
Catholic | Gamer | Dungeon Master | Meme Lord

Message me with serious stuff or nonsense. All manner of profile comments welcome.
May 23, 2018 2:05 PM

Jun 2017
Welcome to MAL! Feel free to add me!
(P.S. watch the Gundam franchise you won't regret it)
ZetaKai1219May 23, 2018 2:13 PM
May 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2018
Welcome to MAL! Have fun and feel free to add me :)

May 23, 2018 3:15 PM

May 2018
aliquae said:
Welcome to MAL! I'd recommend Hyouka, (slice of life, mystery, and romance) Hunter x Huner (action) Tsubasa Chronicle and Haikyuu!! (sports and comedy)

I would also recommend Toradora!, but only if you like a bit of drama :) KoboSuba is also hilarious, K-On! is a very nice slice of life, Darker than Black is a great action anime, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is a fun action/comedy, The Deadly Seven Sins is also a nice action, Death Note is a good mystery about two geniuses who battle each other, a classic. Flip Flappers and Redline are both eye candy material and Shelter is a very nice short music video what accomplishes a lot in a few minutes.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here! ^-^

Thanks, aliquae. Wow lots of recommendations in there...I'm gonna try to get through all the series you listed. :D

Sorrento said:
Welcome ^~^ add me if you wanna chat sometime.

I recommend Toradora for a great romantic anime, Plastic Memories if you want a lot of OOMPH and DAWWWs over a small dose, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you want romance and mystery sprinkled with horror.

And for just some gool ol Shounen time, Hokuto no Ken.

Thanks, Sorrento. OK..adding these to my binge list. Seems like quite a few good recs! :D

ZetaKai1219 said:
Welcome to MAL! Feel free to add me!
(P.S. watch the Gundam franchise you won't regret it)

Hi ZetaKai, thanks for the welcome. Oh..Gundam is quite infamous, isn't it? Any particular Gundam series I should start with first?

CalTropz said:
Welcome to MAL! Have fun and feel free to add me :)

Thank you, CalTropz. I appreciate the welcome. =D
May 23, 2018 3:21 PM

Jun 2017
@WhiteDragonAura
I'd recommend you start with the original 1979 MSG. Then progress to Zeta, ZZ(first 10 episodes aren't that great), and then CCA. If you want a less complicated story go for SEED.
May 23, 2018 4:37 PM

May 2018
ZetaKai1219 said:
@WhiteDragonAura
I'd recommend you start with the original 1979 MSG. Then progress to Zeta, ZZ(first 10 episodes aren't that great), and then CCA. If you want a less complicated story go for SEED.

Much appreciated. Thanks, Zeta. :)
May 23, 2018 5:16 PM
Feb 2014
WhiteDragonAura said:
Leave while you can. Just kidding. But seriously dont become a weeb. You have been warned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Feb 2018
Heyo! Welcome to MAL!
I respect that you enjoy Ghibli films and I recommend you watch more of em, they are brilliant. (Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, The Wind Rises)
Feel free to add me.

And hey
May 25, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
enjoy your stay and feel free to add me ;3

Well...
May 26, 2018 5:11 AM

May 2018
Oraji said:
Welcome to the MAL forums and to the anime world I guess. Home of the fiction characters where it's meant or not meant to be existed and praising them or loving known as waifus/husbandos.

Haha, I like that description. Thanks, Oraji. :D

falmur said:
Leave while you can. Just kidding. But seriously dont become a weeb. You have been warned.

Heh, I probably don't even have the motivation to commit to becoming one, so no worries there! :D

staresque said:
ahh i love studio ghibli movies <3 welcome to mal!
feel free to add me & enjoy your stay :)

Thanks, staresque. I appreciate the warm welcome.

TTYOSH2 said:
Heyo! Welcome to MAL!
I respect that you enjoy Ghibli films and I recommend you watch more of em, they are brilliant. (Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, The Wind Rises)
Feel free to add me.

A fine heyo back at ya, TTYOSH2. :) Thanks for the Ghibli recommendations.

marcodawidreus said:
enjoy your stay and feel free to add me ;3

Many thanks, dude!
May 26, 2018 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
WhiteDragonAura said:
Pratham333 said:

Sure, no problem. I'll watch anything as long as it's good but some specific genres would be action/supernatural/mech/sci-fi. Anything like that. Thanks for the recs, mate. :)

Welcome!

Actually I am also still quite a "newbie" at MAL. I don't see much people with less than mine "29 days" of anime. But one of my first anime was Psycho-Pass, it is a great start and great series overall. I discovered it also on the forums;)

Have fun in the anime world!
May 26, 2018 8:51 AM

May 2018
Admiral_Carapils said:
Welcome!

Actually I am also still quite a "newbie" at MAL. I don't see much people with less than mine "29 days" of anime. But one of my first anime was Psycho-Pass, it is a great start and great series overall. I discovered it also on the forums;)

Thanks, Admiral. :) Got another recommendation for Psycho-Pass..nice. I'll be checking it out soon!
May 26, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2015
WhiteDragonAura said:
Admiral_Carapils said:
Welcome!

Thanks, Admiral. :) Got another recommendation for Psycho-Pass..nice. I'll be checking it out soon!

Haha no problem! I think 100 people will recommend you 100 different animes, you should just decide for yourself and do not rush whole animes in 1 day, you wont feel attached to it otherwise. Have fun!
May 26, 2018 12:13 PM

May 2018
Admiral_Carapils said:
Haha no problem! I think 100 people will recommend you 100 different animes, you should just decide for yourself and do not rush whole animes in 1 day, you wont feel attached to it otherwise. Have fun!

Heh, that's a very good point. I've had so many great suggestions so far I feel like my anime watching schedule is already taking over my life. :D
May 27, 2018 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Hello, welcome here (^-^*)/
May 27, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Hiya, welcome to MAL, hope you'll like it here lol

I personally recommend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to everyone, though it might be off-putting to a newcomer (and only gets good a few episodes in). If you try it and don't like it, try one of these (since you seem to love films):

Koe no Katachi
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Hotarubi no Mori e

Feel free to send a friend request if you want more recs!
currently: doing my best!

May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

May 2018
Ilarikkun said:
Hello, welcome here (^-^*)/

Thanks, Ilarikkun. Nice to meet you. :)

Cynder360 said:
Hiya, welcome to MAL, hope you'll like it here lol

I personally recommend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to everyone, though it might be off-putting to a newcomer (and only gets good a few episodes in). If you try it and don't like it, try one of these (since you seem to love films):

Koe no Katachi
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.
Karigurashi no Arrietty
Hotarubi no Mori e

Feel free to send a friend request if you want more recs!

Awesome, thanks for all these...the movies you listed look real good.
May 27, 2018 10:48 AM

May 2018
Hello and welcome! I'm new here as well and definitely agree about how amazing Studio Ghibli films are! β™‘
Nice to meet you anyway ^^
May 27, 2018 10:51 AM
Apr 2014
Welcome to MAL!

I've never watched a Ghibli movie

May 27, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
Welcome!!! Hope you like it here.
May 27, 2018 2:03 PM

May 2017
Welcome to MAL :)

The anime scene is great. You’re going to love it here!
May 27, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2018
Hi and welcome to MAL! (And the anime scene!)

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like! :)
We are the chick. The world is our egg.
If we don't crack the world's shell, we will die without being born.
Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
May 27, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2018
li_eol said:
Hello and welcome! I'm new here as well and definitely agree about how amazing Studio Ghibli films are! β™‘
Nice to meet you anyway ^^

Thanks, li_eol. It's a pleasure to meet you, fellow Ghibli enthusiast. :D

framboos said:
Welcome to MAL!

Haha, thanks framboos. :D

pondipat said:
Welcome!!! Hope you like it here.

I appreciate the welcome. Thanks, pondipat. :)

albertbrown said:
Welcome to MAL :)

The anime scene is great. You’re going to love it here!

Many thanks, dude. Oh yeah..loving it already. So far, so good. ;D

majesdanian said:
Hi and welcome to MAL! (And the anime scene!)

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like! :)

Thanks for the friendly welcome, majesdanian!
May 28, 2018 12:31 AM
Apr 2014
WhiteDragonAura said:

framboos said:
Welcome to MAL!

Haha, thanks framboos. :D

^^ Any Ghibli films that you'd recommend?

Aug 15, 2018 10:01 PM

Aug 2018
welcome to the wonderful my anime list

I hope we get to know eachother soon or something because that would be lit

but feel free to add me anyway

More topics from this board

» hihi!!

aniiaya - Yesterday

7 by MeguSae38 »»
8 hours ago

» Hello everyone!

Palash_6 - Apr 24

29 by Palash_6 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Apr 22

10 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:06 AM

» Hi everyone

fdasfdsadsa - Apr 23

5 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - Apr 23

12 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.