Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2018 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
Hi all,
I have just finished watching Rainbow, what an amazing show! It's definitely joining my favourites with a score of 10! Truly one of the greatest out there!

It was a show that I've known about for years, but somehow for some reason I kept delaying to watch it, though I feel great that I finally gave it a go. What a ride!

I want to ask you guys to recommend me any other shows I could have still missed out, similar to Rainbow or so, and based on my favourites (that I scored 9-10), you can also have a look on my PTW if needed!
kcp_snagApr 22, 2018 11:48 AM
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Apr 22, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Akira (Movie)
Death Billiards
Durarara
Apr 22, 2018 2:49 PM

May 2017
From your PTW

Mushishi
Mononoke
Mushishi
Perfect Blue
Sennen Joyuu
Apr 23, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
StaleNoodle said:
From your PTW

Mushishi
Mononoke
Mushishi
Perfect Blue
Sennen Joyuu

You mentioned Mushishi twice, is there something else you wanted to mention instead?
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
Apr 23, 2018 12:41 PM

May 2017
kcp_snag said:
StaleNoodle said:
From your PTW

Mushishi
Made in Abyss
Mononoke
Mushishi
Perfect Blue
Sennen Joyuu
Mob Psycho
Inuyashiki (not from your ptw,but same author as gantz)

You mentioned Mushishi twice, is there something else you wanted to mention instead?

Ye ,i've screwed up.
I took this chance to expand list a little,second look always help yunno
Apr 24, 2018 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
StaleNoodle said:
kcp_snag said:

Ye ,i've screwed up.
I took this chance to expand list a little,second look always help yunno

dont worry, thanks a lot!
Apr 24, 2018 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
Before I start mentioning stuff, we have similar animes ranked highly :). and 2nd I will just give the titles and maybe a minor comment, as I am tired right now and should sleep XD

Mushishi (episodic anime with great stories, some dark, some dramatic it has everything)
spice and wolf (dialogue driven adventure without hardly any action. focus on economics and characters & interactions)
madoka (not famous for nothing. looks childish, opening looks chidlish, is rly dark at some parts)
bokurano (amazing concept, not perfectly executed though :( . IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOO MUCH MORE)
kaiji (underground gamblin anime. mc is sometimes clever. he is a bit naive though. overall good anime)
durarara (same author as baccano. not amazing but still good anime with a lot of cool characters)
death billiards & death parade (amazing concept again, episodic, not a perfect anime but a very good one)

also mangas (didnt check your list for this, sorry if you read some of these)
Kingdom (my fav manga by far. strategy in battle good characters... <3)
alice in borderlands (very good deathgame manga, some games were rly great. even some special chapter games like "Jack of hearts" )
The promised neverland (1 newer manga that is just great.... just give it 3 chapters a try. you should be in love with it by than)
Bastard (Webtoon) (very good webtoon thriller)
Vinland saga (good historical action manga.. back than I loved it but the void code closed by kingdom, as kingdom is the better one)
Berserk (rly good dark fantasy manga)
shin angyo onshi (again a darker fantasy manhwa, with a good protagonist. a bit episodic though)

My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Apr 28, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
smooki91 said:
Before I start mentioning stuff, we have similar animes ranked highly :). and 2nd I will just give the titles and maybe a minor comment, as I am tired right now and should sleep XD

Mushishi (episodic anime with great stories, some dark, some dramatic it has everything)
spice and wolf (dialogue driven adventure without hardly any action. focus on economics and characters & interactions)
madoka (not famous for nothing. looks childish, opening looks chidlish, is rly dark at some parts)
bokurano (amazing concept, not perfectly executed though :( . IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOO MUCH MORE)
kaiji (underground gamblin anime. mc is sometimes clever. he is a bit naive though. overall good anime)
durarara (same author as baccano. not amazing but still good anime with a lot of cool characters)
death billiards & death parade (amazing concept again, episodic, not a perfect anime but a very good one)

alice in borderlands (very good deathgame manga, some games were rly great. even some special chapter games like "Jack of hearts" )
The promised neverland (1 newer manga that is just great.... just give it 3 chapters a try. you should be in love with it by than)
Vinland saga (good historical action manga.. back than I loved it but the void code closed by kingdom, as kingdom is the better one)
shin angyo onshi (again a darker fantasy manhwa, with a good protagonist. a bit episodic though)

Hey Smooki, I think we've been exchanging messages in the past discussing anime, its been a while back though as far as I remember

Most of anime and manga (im usually too tired to read manga, therefore I tend to go for anime) you recommended here either is on my PTW or have been considered so.
Could you give me your strongest bet of them all?
Apr 28, 2018 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

Hey Smooki, I think we've been exchanging messages in the past discussing anime, its been a while back though as far as I remember

Most of anime and manga (im usually too tired to read manga, therefore I tend to go for anime) you recommended here either is on my PTW or have been considered so.

well I would go with 2 strongest than
Madoka, as it is a very famous title and you should watch it for the sole reason as it is a must watch anime for a lot of poeple

my personal recommendation would be Spice and wolf though as you like dialogue driven shows .

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Apr 28, 2018 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
smooki91 said:
kcp_snag said:

Madoka, as it is a very famous title and you should watch it for the sole reason as it is a must watch anime for a lot of poeple

my personal recommendation would be Spice and wolf though as you like dialogue driven shows .
Had them both on my PTW for a while now but been delaying them coz :
Spice and Wolf seems to be a lot about dialogue and interaction and Im usually too tired to completely focus and follow such for a longer time
Madoka Magica seemed a bit of teenage-audience type of anime while Im into more mature and dark shows usually

but all things considered I will start with Madoka as you recommended
Apr 28, 2018 8:07 PM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

Spice and Wolf seems to be a lot about dialogue and interaction and Im usually too tired to completely focus and follow such for a longer time
Madoka Magica seemed a bit of teenage-audience type of anime while Im into more mature and dark shows usually

Thinking that madoka is for teenagers is rly wrong.... It is famous for starting happy and getting darker and darker ...
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica?q=madoka ( just look at the genres... thriller, drama, psychological

even adding an amv
smooki91Apr 28, 2018 8:27 PM

Apr 28, 2018 9:43 PM

May 2012
i was going to suggest Shinsekai Yori, but i see it on you profile. Then i wrote a little about
Boogiepop Phantom, but you have seen it too although you didn't give it any score.

Maybe you could watch Vampire Hunter D. It's not a series just two movies and both of them are old, but they are quite good.
You can get them on Nyaa.si
KaeUBWApr 28, 2018 9:48 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 29, 2018 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
smooki91 said:
kcp_snag said:

Thinking that madoka is for teenagers is rly wrong.... It is famous for starting happy and getting darker and darker ...
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica?q=madoka ( just look at the genres... thriller, drama, psychological

even adding an amv

I think its more that shows with immature characters just dont go really well with me. Its just hard to watch, puts me off. Thats why Im mostly looking for more mature-audience targeted anime. Madoka has that Monogatari style, but the main characters are very little girls that turn into magical girls hmm its just not really my cup of tea, but since I started to watch it I will see what happens

Kaetokiha said:
i was going to suggest Shinsekai Yori, but i see it on you profile. Then i wrote a little about
Boogiepop Phantom, but you have seen it too although you didn't give it any score.

Maybe you could watch Vampire Hunter D. It's not a series just two movies and both of them are old, but they are quite good.

Shinsekai Yori was great, I really enjoyed it, even re-watched it.
Im on 6th Episode of Boogiepop Phantom, so I cant really give a complete opinion. Weird, dark, mindfook, twisted, messed up and mysterious is what I got to know so far

Is Vampire Hunter D really that good? I really need great shows that can suck me in very quick and keep me till the end
Apr 29, 2018 2:19 AM

May 2012
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

even adding an amv

I think its more that shows with immature characters just dont go really well with me. Its just hard to watch, puts me off. Thats why Im mostly looking for more mature-audience targeted anime. Madoka has that Monogatari style, but the main characters are very little girls that turn into magical girls hmm its just not really my cup of tea, but since I started to watch it I will see what happens

Kaetokiha said:

Im on 6th Episode of Boogiepop Phantom, so I cant really give a complete opinion. Weird, dark, mindfook, twisted, messed up and mysterious is what I got to know so far

Is Vampire Hunter D really that good? I really need great shows that can suck me in very quick and keep me till the end

I loved Shinsekai Yori. I got it as a recommendation and i was so hooked to it. For me it's 10/10

I was going to tell you exactly that about Boogiepop Phantom...the anime is dark, heavy, complex...it's one of my favorite animes 10/10.
I watched Ergo Proxy exactly cause i wanted another anime like Boogiepop Phantom...Ergo Proxy is not quite like Boogiepop Phantom, but i enjoy it a lot too.

Vampire Hunter D IMO is a really good movie (or movies). I don't think the story is the most original, but i like the action a lot specially in the second movie.

Since they are just movies i think they are well worth watching. You are not going get something to pass a lot of time like a series would, but if you like the movie then it's all good.

There is a torrent on Nyaa.si of 1.1gb with both movies. I downloaded this torrent today after i made that comment cause it's been a while since i watched this and the file i had were not BD rip like this new one. The quality is good and it's dual audio if you like that.

Just search for this Vampire Hunter D [Dual Audio][10bit HEVC][BD 720p][MeGaTroN]
I despise woke people.
Apr 29, 2018 5:11 AM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

even adding an amv

Kaetokiha said:

Ok, I get why you dislike it. still just finish it. you might change your opinion of this anime :).

In animes you have very limited mature dark animes though.

Beside this is the show that gave shaft a huge pile of money they could have used for monogatari :D, so the quality of monogatari is thanks to madoka :D

That is why I still highly recommend everyone to read kingdom. (I enjoy it way more than berserk)
music video
smooki91Apr 29, 2018 5:14 AM

Apr 29, 2018 5:35 AM

Jan 2014
Kaetokiha said:
kcp_snag said:

I loved Shinsekai Yori. I got it as a recommendation and i was so hooked to it. For me it's 10/10

I was going to tell you exactly that about Boogiepop Phantom...the anime is dark, heavy, complex...it's one of my favorite animes 10/10.
I watched Ergo Proxy exactly cause i wanted another anime like Boogiepop Phantom...Ergo Proxy is not quite like Boogiepop Phantom, but i enjoy it a lot too.

Vampire Hunter D IMO is a really good movie (or movies). I don't think the story is the most original, but i like the action a lot specially in the second movie.

Since they are just movies i think they are well worth watching. You are not going get something to pass a lot of time like a series would, but if you like the movie then it's all good.

There is a torrent on Nyaa.si of 1.1gb with both movies. I downloaded this torrent today after i made that comment cause it's been a while since i watched this and the file i had were not BD rip like this new one. The quality is good and it's dual audio if you like that.

Just search for this Vampire Hunter D [Dual Audio][10bit HEVC][BD 720p][MeGaTroN]

Ergo Proxy is my all time top favourite, my personal top masterpiece re-watched too many times to count. As many anime I watched so far I never found anything entirely as magnificent and every single time I re-watch it, it takes my mind for a ride full of deeper thought yet again, reminding me why I love it so much.

After your recommendation, I will watch the movies of Vampire Hunter D if they are really worth my time as you say. But before that I still am on 6th ep of Boogiepop Phantom, half way through Casshern Sins and going through first couple eps of Madoka, since Im not gonna leave it just like that.
P.S. I usually use Kissanime/Kissmanga.

smooki91 said:
kcp_snag said:

Ok, I get why you dislike it. still just finish it. you might change your opinion of this anime :).

Beside this is the show that gave shaft a huge pile of money they could have used for monogatari :D, so the quality of monogatari is thanks to madoka :D

That is why I still highly recommend everyone to read kingdom. (I enjoy it way more than berserk)
music video

Its not like I dislike Madoka on its own, but rather shows in general that are aimed at teenage audience with childlish/immature characters. If the theme is dark or not thats another concern. Hunter x Hunter (2011) was spot on for example. Dont worry, I will do my best to finish Madoka.

Berserk is one of my all time favourites, both in anime and manga, so its hard to challenge that. But if you really think higher of Kingdom, then is must be worth checking out. Is it only historical/fiction or also supernatural?
Apr 29, 2018 8:34 AM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
Kaetokiha said:

Ergo Proxy is my all time top favourite, my personal top masterpiece re-watched too many times to count. As many anime I watched so far I never found anything entirely as magnificent and every single time I re-watch it, it takes my mind for a ride full of deeper thought yet again, reminding me why I love it so much.

After your recommendation, I will watch the movies of Vampire Hunter D if they are really worth my time as you say. But before that I still am on 6th ep of Boogiepop Phantom, half way through Casshern Sins and going through first couple eps of Madoka, since Im not gonna leave it just like that.
P.S. I usually use Kissanime/Kissmanga.

smooki91 said:

music video

Its not like I dislike Madoka on its own, but rather shows in general that are aimed at teenage audience with childlish/immature characters. If the theme is dark or not thats another concern. Hunter x Hunter (2011) was spot on for example. Dont worry, I will do my best to finish Madoka.

Berserk is one of my all time favourites, both in anime and manga, so its hard to challenge that. But if you really think higher of Kingdom, then is must be worth checking out. Is it only historical/fiction or also supernatural?

It has a bit supernatural as there are a lot of characters with abnormal streanght, but it has great wars strategy in battles and very good character development. The mc is at this point an young adult already, but was a kid at chapter 1.

May 7, 2018 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
@smooki91 I just finished Madoka, and Ive got to say that after a few eps I kinda got into it and the whole series ended up being very good and enjoyable (after I turned blind eye to all kiddy stuff)

Im still thinking what should I watch next right now..... any ideas?
May 7, 2018 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
@smooki91 I just finished Madoka, and Ive got to say that after a few eps I kinda got into it and the whole series ended up being very good and enjoyable (after I turned blind eye to all kiddy stuff)

You can always go read kingdom instead of watching.

Else hmmm

IF you want smth episodic (not smth to binge watch)
than mushishi, has some amazing episodes (it feels like a supernatural doctor helps people with supernatural problems... and the problems can vary from... my kids are dead and some entitiy took their spots to people are getting reborn with new personalities. it is a more mature anime for sure)

or death parade (for the episodic ones. )

you could also go with bokurano (has child mcs again though, despite that it has a more mature and darker story. It is unfortunately not that good executed... The concept of the anime had the chance to be something very very good though)

You can also go for durarara (same author as baccano. Enjoyable anime with cool characters and a huge cast)
adding an opening so you can imagine how big the cast is

May 8, 2018 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
smooki91 said:
kcp_snag said:

Else hmmm

than mushishi, has some amazing episodes (it feels like a supernatural doctor helps people with supernatural problems... and the problems can vary from... my kids are dead and some entitiy took their spots to people are getting reborn with new personalities. it is a more mature anime for sure)

you could also go with bokurano (has child mcs again though, despite that it has a more mature and darker story. It is unfortunately not that good executed... The concept of the anime had the chance to be something very very good though)

You can also go for durarara (same author as baccano. Enjoyable anime with cool characters and a huge cast)

I started to watch Baki the Grappler recommended to me in another thread, seems like full of testosterone and lack of self-control fighting anime, well, something light for the brain is good for a change. I also like that its rather old school, and MC is a kid but an op baddie bwoy

About kingdom and other great manga you mentioned (I had my eyes on most of em already), the thing is Im usually too tired to read manga (or maybe also too lazy) so I usually go for anime
May 8, 2018 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

Else hmmm

I started to watch Baki the Grappler recommended to me in another thread, seems like full of testosterone and lack of self-control fighting anime, well, something light for the brain is good for a change. I also like that its rather old school, and MC is a kid but an op baddie bwoy

About kingdom and other great manga you mentioned (I had my eyes on most of em already), the thing is Im usually too tired to read manga (or maybe also too lazy) so I usually go for anime

Rly not a fan of old animes (well there are some exceptions like cowboy bebop that I rly liked, but overall I dislike old animation styles)

and hmm I on the other hand love mangas (because there are soo much more good stories than you have in animes. I mean around 70%-80% of the animes are already either a harem/ cliche romcom or rly stupid
shounen .

For someone like me who loves mature storylines, like rainbow, code geass, shinsekai yori, there is just very rarely smth good :(, and in mangas there are often rly good ones, even new ones like promised neverland that just are great and you get hyped up every week for the manga (and most of these rly good mature mangas will never get an anime :( )

Also titles like alice in borderlands (amazing manga) and it just got 3 ep anime ova to hype up for the manga. you will never see the series completed as anime, but you could read it again :D

need to hype you up :). It gets even compared to titles like death notes btw :)

May 14, 2018 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
smooki91 said:

Rly not a fan of old animes (well there are some exceptions like cowboy bebop that I rly liked, but overall I dislike old animation styles)

and hmm I on the other hand love mangas (because there are soo much more good stories than you have in animes. I mean around 70%-80% of the animes are already either a harem/ cliche romcom or rly stupid
shounen .

For someone like me who loves mature storylines, like rainbow, code geass, shinsekai yori, there is just very rarely smth good :(, and in mangas there are often rly good ones, even new ones like promised neverland that just are great and you get hyped up every week for the manga (and most of these rly good mature mangas will never get an anime :( )

Also titles like alice in borderlands (amazing manga) and it just got 3 ep anime ova to hype up for the manga. you will never see the series completed as anime, but you could read it again :D

Yeah, manga is way better (usually) especially in terms of expanded story etc in comparison to anime. Defo. I agree.

On the other hand, I prefer manga/anime thats already finished. I just cant stand waiting every so often to read/watch new content.

I still need to go through the rest of recommendations, yours as well.

In the meantime Im kinda past half way first season of Grappler Baki, and I can add : strange/weird and motivating to the comments Ive already stated about it. I like it.

BTW after your mention of Cowboy Bebop (actually either with or without it) I must recommend you the Outlaw Star. Awesome anime, I consider it as one of the must watch old school's. Trust me
kcp_snagMay 14, 2018 11:08 AM
May 14, 2018 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
kcp_snag said:
smooki91 said:

shounen .

Yeah, manga is way better (usually) especially in terms of expanded story etc in comparison to anime. Defo. I agree.

On the other hand, I prefer manga/anime thats already finished. I just cant stand waiting every so often to read/watch new content.

I still need to go through the rest of recommendations, yours as well.

In the meantime Im kinda past half way first season of Grappler Baki, and I can add : strange/weird and motivating to the comments Ive already stated about it. I like it.

BTW after your mention of Cowboy Bebop (actually either with or without it) I must recommend you the Outlaw Star. Awesome anime, I consider it as one of the must watch old school's. Trust me

Well, I rather get a manga recommended. Recently I do not watch any animes, except 2 seasonals and just read mangas instead.

Will check out if outlaw star has a manga and might read it ^^

Hopefully it is not sci fi though as I hate 90% of sci fi stuff XD

More topics from this board

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
37 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

9 by LoveYourEyes »»
39 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
53 minutes ago

» Anime like Dragon Raja?

world_god - 1 hour ago

0 by world_god »»
1 hour ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

8 by duchessliz87 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.