Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2018 12:41 PM
Jan 2015

I thought this video was fantastic and really drives home why this show is amazing and can actually inspire people to do something crazy that they would never normally do.
My Queens

Apr 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
This anime was legitimately inspiring-- I may not have started to do something crazy like Gigguk, but as soon as I finished watching this the first thing I wanted to do was write and draw to achieve my dream. What he says is true and it's genuinely amazing how this story was written to convey exactly the feeling that drove it's narrative to begin with.
Apr 20, 2018 3:34 PM

Feb 2018
I agree with gigguk. This anime is the only series that I strongly recommend to a friend even forcing him to watch this series. Not because it is best of the best. But it's been a long time since we saw the series with stories and characters like Sora Yori. Its very humanly and inspiring
Apr 20, 2018 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, after watching this I was all like "Okay, I'm actually gonna try hard to achieve my dreams!" and then I realized, as sad as it may sound, that I don't have any.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 11:05 PM

Oct 2016
The video has Eureka Seven in it. He has extremely good taste.
Apr 21, 2018 12:56 AM

Sep 2014
Gigguk deciding to make a video about Sora Yori is a foregone conclusion (for my case, at least), but then it doesn't hamper the quality of this work, especially if Gigguk is in his serious mode.

You can never deny that the reason why this anime resonates with so many people is because of its willingness to portray those who have ambition and yet lacking any drive to reach said ambition and struggling to find their own drive to do so. As silly as it could be.
HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.

Apr 21, 2018 12:59 AM

May 2017
It's still on my PTW list but not for long after this video lol.
Apr 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Nov 2012
TakesatoKeita said:
Gigguk deciding to make a video about Sora Yori is a foregone conclusion (for my case, at least), but then it doesn't hamper the quality of this work, especially if Gigguk is in his serious mode.

You can never deny that the reason why this anime resonates with so many people is because of its willingness to portray those who have ambition and yet lacking any drive to reach said ambition and struggling to find their own drive to do so. As silly as it could be.

At least it's to his credit that he didn't release it while the anime was still airing, otherwise he might be called out for riding along the bandwagon (and oh what a bandwagon that was).

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Apr 21, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
Jaeger07 said:
TakesatoKeita said:

You can never deny that the reason why this anime resonates with so many people is that of its willingness to portray those who have ambition and yet lacking any drive to reach said ambition and struggling to find their own drive to do so. As silly as it could be.

At least it's to his credit that he didn't release it while the anime was still airing, otherwise, he might be called out for riding along the bandwagon (and oh what a bandwagon that was).

To be fair, he admitted that he liked Sora Yori very much, since his Winter season anime review video (Sora Yori pretty much passed with flying colors in its section on that video), but decided not to continue watching for some time due to other considerations.

So probably it wasn't for the sake of not committing bandwagon, try to look up his Twitter account for more of his thoughts when he said that he postponed watching it some months ago.
HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.

Apr 21, 2018 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
I don't really need some input from an anime youtuber to know that this show is good.
Apr 21, 2018 6:32 AM
Nov 2017
Why do you guys need an approval of a youtube video to tell you whether your show was good or not? just watch what you want to watch and have fun :)

Apr 23, 2018 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
Now if only I met a Shirase to push me forward.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 24, 2018 4:10 AM

May 2017
Yuki_Nonaka said:
The video has Eureka Seven in it. He has extremely good taste.

That he does my friend, that he does.
Apr 24, 2018 4:11 AM

Sep 2016
Cybertron said:
Why do you guys need an approval of a youtube video to tell you whether your show was good or not? just watch what you want to watch and have fun :)
modern anime fans disease
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 24, 2018 4:12 AM

Sep 2017
this video was embarrassingly bad, everything sounds so cheesy and forced and it only makes it worse when it's about a chinese cartoon. just stick to comedy, it's what you're best at gigguk, even though his comedy videos have been pretty shitty recently as well. his content became too safe but that's what happens when you become a popular youtuber.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Apr 24, 2018 4:48 AM

Oct 2010
My main issue with the video:

"But you know, past all the hype and the praise of its writing and directing and technical aspects that people normally talk about, let's talk about what everybody have ACTUALLY talked about"

Do anitubers even have a sense of self-awareness? This has been talked by literally everybody, getting in the way of actual criticism and analysis of the mechanisms of the series so many times. And yes, it's fine that this anime was inspiring but at this point it is so oversold and overmentioned that I can't help but chuckle when Gigguk plain states that he's going to give this commentary a different focus from the rest.

I miss talk about the animation, about the aesthetic approach of the show, about WHY do the characters feel natural and relatable, their dynamics, the plot progression, the themes of the show beyond self-insertion. Self-insertion is great to show your emotional attachment to the series but EVERYBODY IS DOING THAT ALREADY.

And ugh, UGH the part about social media. I felt like I got 40 years older just by listening to this old man yells at cloud meme thing.
Apr 24, 2018 4:56 AM

Nov 2016
I agree with him, this anime was so inspiring. Is nice that this anime is getting recognition.
Apr 24, 2018 5:07 AM

May 2015
I like how literally every thread about an anime youtuber eventually devolves into "anitubers = trash!" or "why do you let someone else make your mind up for you?"

Apr 24, 2018 7:55 AM
Jan 2015
Cybertron said:
Why do people always assume this? I just shared this, because I thought it was great to see this show inspire someone to go do something they normally wouldn't do.
My Queens

Apr 25, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I like how literally every thread about an anime youtuber eventually devolves into "anitubers = trash!" or "why do you let someone else make your mind up for you?"

>MAL
Never change

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2018

399 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.