Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2018 11:34 AM

Nov 2015
I am posting this here due to a lack of updates on the modifications I submitted a few weeks ago (and again just now to facilitate their inclusion in case they were lost).

You can use the official Netflix designation of "Episode 1" through "Episode 10" if you wish for the English titles. In that case, ignore the following portions about the English titles but please enforce the use of the single Japanese quotation mark in the Japanese titles.

However, in the case of wanting to follow what seems to be the production team's intention, one will have to look at the titles provided at the end of every episode. Here they are.

Please note the significance of the single Japanese quotation mark. In episode 1, only a few words are quoted, and in episode 7 the contents of the quote are blank. Episode 8 is also blank and does not include quotation marks at all, making it effectively completely untitled.

As such, in the translations I included in my database modification requests, I have used the single English quotation mark character with similar placement. I have also used the single quotation mark associated with typewriting, as that is the tool used by the main character for her work.

Do note that the translations I selected are generally lines spoken by the characters in the show, these selections come from the subtitled translation of that line by Netflix translators.

In two cases, the title cards themselves were translated and shown on screen.

Here are these translations in order of episodes:

1. 'I Love You' and Auto Memoir Dolls
  2. 'Not Coming Back'
  3. 'May You Be an Exemplary Auto Memoir Doll'
  4. 'You Won't be a Tool, but a Person Worthy of that Name'
  5. 'You Write Letters That Bring People Together?'
  6. 'Somewhere Under the Starry Sky'
  7. '        '

8. 'Violet Evergarden'
  9. 'A Loved One Will Always Watch Over You'
Mar 16, 2018 6:27 PM

Oct 2015
Here's a list of your submissions that have been accepted or denied. I can see most of them are denied. I don't exactly know the reason for this but I submitted episode summaries and titles too that are legit but got denied as well. I'm guessing they already have someone who does that job since whenever I go back after the anime finishes airing, it's already there.

Here's some pictures of your submissions
*snip*

Don't ask me where I got it from. A mod said not to disclose that, I'm lucky enough to know

Mod Edit: Removed images to an unreleased feature.
TenshoMar 16, 2018 8:31 PM
Mar 16, 2018 7:53 PM

Nov 2015
I don't want to cause trouble for you, I just wanted to update the entry as it was quite a bit behind at episode 6. If you are not allowed to post behind the scene things maybe you shouldn't (although it is too late in this case as I have seen it).

Like I said earlier the names in English could be however the moderation decided, but at least the Japanese names could be added properly as well as the English synopsis.

Also maybe there is no support for blank titles at all? Hence why episode 8 is still rejected.

The purpose of this post was not to complain but to have a more permanent record of the modifications I wanted to bring, should the rejection also happen to delete the contents of the modifications when it is performed.

I have no idea how the modification system works here so I supposed that modifications rejected by the moderation are deleted outright and cannot be restored. Also, do modifications have to be accepted in whole or can it be done in part? This may be why all of them were rejected if the moderation disagreed on using the English titles I submitted along with the rest.

Again, this was just purely for informative purposes and record keeping.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8680 by Mister_Kay »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

685 by Una_Sama89 »»
Yesterday, 6:00 AM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Official French/German/Spanish Titles Here

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

45 by Vaturna »»
Apr 18, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.