Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 25, 2018 9:31 PM

Aug 2017
ZionPulse said:
Halpher said:

Have you mixed bleach with lemonade? I heard it's one of the greatest last refreshments that man has ever made.
Meh, I hear tide pods dissolved in bleach are the thing with the cool kids.

Add sugar to bleach then add vinegar.....then add Vodka......Best drink ever
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 25, 2018 9:35 PM

Apr 2017
Halpher said:
ZionPulse said:

this leaves me with one question... where's the rum?
Feb 25, 2018 9:42 PM

Aug 2017
Brb said:

Fullbringer sucked because it brought 1 arc enemies and detached Bleach from its main appeal (shinigamis). Also the antagonists' aims are questionable and they are forgettable as well. The fact that it came after Aizen also brought it lower (because quality by comparison).

Why do you think Bleach getting away from it's main appeal is bad? When I hear people criticize Bleach they always bring up how it's "Dragon Ball Z with swords." Then we get an arc that is lowering the stakes and the power scaling and for some reason that is also a criticism. Is this a personal preference for you? Do you prefer the Shinigamis involved in the story or do you not? I feel your statement was kind of explaining why it sucked to people or why it was disliked while not saying it. I don't know as maybe i'm misinterpreting your reply.
Also, can you explain how the antagonists' intentions were questionable? In the Fullbring arc, the villains were only trying to train Ichigo so they could take his power at the end. Ginjo needed it to regain his powers. How it that questionable? I think thats simple, easy to get and straight to the point.
Also, I don't like the idea of something being worse because the thing it proceeds is better.

So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?

Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 25, 2018 9:43 PM

Aug 2017
The_Missing_Link said:
Halpher said:

this leaves me with one question... where's the rum?

You drink it before you start drowning in bleach.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 25, 2018 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
Monster said:
Halpher said:

How the heroine got captured differs.
One arc the "heroine" broke Soul Reaper code and was going to be executed. The other was a war and the "heroine" got captured because she was valuable to her kidnappers. They took away their best healer and made everyone believe she was a traitor to create discord. This heroine was not in danger in terms of what she was there for. They weren't going to execute her or anything.
They brought heroes and other Soul Reapers to their headquarters to weaken and lessen their fighting force. They even had a conversation about it in as the Head Captain didn't want Ichigo to chase after Orihime because they valued Ichigo's strength.

Ichigo fought many, many people. Not just Grimmjow and Ulquorria.
His friends fought many people as well.
There were many fights and battles with other things going on.
The Soul Reapers came and helped and they weren't being chased by a huge amount of hollows compared to the previous.
They weren't in a district like the previous arc.
We had a group of arrancars who killed defeated Arrancars.
We had the Captains come and help.
We explored more with Rukia and her brother came to help.
We had Ichigo gets his ass kicked.

It also seems you're talking about Hueco Mundo and we should go backwards.
The Arrancar arc was bigger than just Hueco Mundo.
Ichigo was getting his ass kicked and couldn't control his hollow powers. It brought alot of personal issues to him
We got Ikkaku getting some backstory.
WE got them being involved in the human world.
Rukia came back.
Ichigo's father was revealed to be a Soul Reaper at this time.

We seem to forget EVERYTHING that happened here. I wouldn't argue against you finding it boring as you maybe didn't find anything going on interesting, but i disagree with what you're saying regarding things being regurgitated.

I see what you're saying, but that doesn't mean he essentially wrote both arcs with the same approach and idea in mind. All the minor stuff that happens in the middle is not important discussing this. Of course it will be different, but it's still just the same idea from SS dragged on even further with some new innovations. I don't think it's necessarily bad, but like I sad before, Aizen should have been the final AND last villain of the series. Kibo managed to write a phenomenal build for the fight & ending towards finishing the series. People would remember Bleach differently than it currently is, and wouldn't carry the same negative stigma.

I disagree with it being the same idea. Arrancar arc was about a war. Soul Society was not. Orihime being kidnapped happened during the arc while Rukia being kidnapped started a new arc. Orihime's kidnapping was a sub-plot and she was rescued quickly. Rukia's "kidnapping" was the driven force of the plot. Orihime didn't have to go through jail cells and being confined to solitude. Orihime didn't tell her friends to not rescue her and told them to let her die. Rukia was accepting her fate the entire time. The only similiar thing I hear is that both were kidnapped and had to be rescued. It took time for Rukia to be rescued while Ichigo reached Orihime fast and when Grimmjow brought her to his dead body she was no longer in captivity. Orihime was no longer in captivity. For Rukia, Ichigo tried to rescue her then Yoruichi came before Byakuya was about to destroy his ass. Ganju got destoryed, man. The biggest point is how even after Orihime was rescued the arc didn't end. The arc wasn't about rescuing her. It was only a sub-plot. The main plot was stopping Aizen and the Arrancars from destroying Karakura Town. It was literally stated from the beginning and it was why everyone was involved in the first place.

Why do you personally believe that Aizen should've been the main villain. You seem to hold this strong belief that if he was the final villain then Bleach would be seen better. However, Bleach was literally at it's 3rd arc. I think people make it seem that Bleach's story was long, but it wasn't that long. The entire story wasn't about Aizen. Aizen wasn't really the main-villain. He was only the main villain of one arc after it was found out that he betrayed everyone. Aizen was a 1-arc villain. It's just the arc was long.
There were questions such as Ichigo's father and if you seen it, Ichigo talked to his dad to tell him when he's ready. Aizen also said some things that were not revealed yet.
I think what made it feel like an ending was Ichigo losing his powers.
That made it feel that it was maybe a final, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also about Fullbring arc. That arc was arguably the best arc in my opinion. It was grounded and the art got way more defined. Characters like Ichigo got development and we seen it play more psychologically. It was more interesting how Ichigo was being affected and how he felt alone due to betrayals, confusion and mind-games. Look at Ichigo when he gets stabbed. Look how he looks at his father. The man actually contemplates murder and the people he is trying to protect are turning on him. Even his boss turned on him. He couldn't trust anyone. The twist WAS GOOOOOOOOOOD! Ginjo and Tsukishima had everybody fooled. Literally Tsukishima's powers can alter memories and he altered Ginjo's so that he would see Tsukishima as an enemy and sincerely befriend Ichigo. Tsukishima then can hit him twice with the power to restore his memories. So after the Fullbringers trained Ichigo and fought Tsukishima. It seemed that nothing was wrong. So Uryu saying "Ichigo, what are you doing? Thats the MAN THAT ATTACKED ME!" It was great, man. It really was a nice twist.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 25, 2018 11:19 PM

Jun 2015
Halpher said:
Brb said:

Fullbringer sucked because it brought 1 arc enemies and detached Bleach from its main appeal (shinigamis). Also the antagonists' aims are questionable and they are forgettable as well. The fact that it came after Aizen also brought it lower (because quality by comparison).

Why do you think Bleach getting away from it's main appeal is bad? When I hear people criticize Bleach they always bring up how it's "Dragon Ball Z with swords." Then we get an arc that is lowering the stakes and the power scaling and for some reason that is also a criticism. Is this a personal preference for you? Do you prefer the Shinigamis involved in the story or do you not? I feel your statement was kind of explaining why it sucked to people or why it was disliked while not saying it. I don't know as maybe i'm misinterpreting your reply.
Also, can you explain how the antagonists' intentions were questionable? In the Fullbring arc, the villains were only trying to train Ichigo so they could take his power at the end. Ginjo needed it to regain his powers. How it that questionable? I think thats simple, easy to get and straight to the point.
Also, I don't like the idea of something being worse because the thing it proceeds is better.

So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?

Fullbring arc never bought anything to the table (except bringing back Ichigo's power, whoop de doo) unlike marineford, and marineford wasn't a departure. OP is still about pirates, whereas fullbring didn't have a whit of shinigamis or soul society apart from the end. The actions are questionable because it was too roundabout a way of doing it.

About the Aizen arc being better, it's a natural consequence of shonen everywhere. The reason why every arc has a bigger bad because you suffer from power level decay, which is a major blow for any series that relies on growing characters, particularly if it drags for a while. So yes, power regression is like a big f you in the face to anyone who follows a particularly long series just to regress the mc (looking at you dragonball).
Feb 25, 2018 11:44 PM

Jan 2017
Brb said:
Halpher said:

Fullbring arc never bought anything to the table (except bringing back Ichigo's power, whoop de doo) unlike marineford, and marineford wasn't a departure. OP is still about pirates, whereas fullbring didn't have a whit of shinigamis or soul society apart from the end. The actions are questionable because it was too roundabout a way of doing it.

About the Aizen arc being better, it's a natural consequence of shonen everywhere. The reason why every arc has a bigger bad because you suffer from power level decay, which is a major blow for any series that relies on growing characters, particularly if it drags for a while. So yes, power regression is like a big f you in the face to anyone who follows a particularly long series just to regress the mc (looking at you dragonball).
Also i think in fullbring arc it suddenly became mystery-thriller type anime from battle shounen which in my opinion was absolutely ridiculious.
If we remove fullbring arc,i think i really enjoyed the show...
Feb 26, 2018 12:02 AM

Aug 2017
Brb said:
Halpher said:

You didn’t answer all of my questions. I am attempting to understand here. Your answer about the Fullbringers’ actions being questionable because it a roundabout way is not a clear enough or a satisfactory answer. May you please tell me how? Bring up what they’ve done in the story to help me understand what you mean. Fullbring answered some questions such as the little badge thing Ichigo kept around. It introduced new characters and brought forth a new atmosphere to the series, in my opinion. I also don’t understand why the Fullbring arc not having the Shimigami there is such a problem? The series isn’t about Shimigamis. How did Shimigamis not being there affect your experience? I find this to be such a trivial issue that I don’t see why it mattered so much.
Also, did you misunderstand my question referring to One Piece? I’m not asking why Marineford is good. I specifically said, ”So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?” This is a response to you saying ”The fact it came after Aizen brought it lower (because of comparison).”
I found that statement just problematic when talking about the quality of any arc in a series.

About the power regression, are you saying that you personally prefer power esclation? People were literally hating shonen shows and attacked Bleach for reasons such as power esclation. So, your reply conflicts with the some of the criticism if you personally prefer power esclation. Personally, I don’t mind it as long as I’m entertained at the end of the day.

I need answers for why did you think Bleach getting away from it’s main appeal being bad and what standpoint is your comment speaking from? Is it speaking from yours or the fans generally? I also need the answer to the One Piece question. Let me repeat it for you, So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 12:06 AM

Aug 2017
silent_knight98 said:

Also i think in fullbring arc it suddenly became mystery-thriller type anime from battle shounen which in my opinion was absolutely ridiculious.

So the change of pace or vibe affected your experience? Were you watching or reading?
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 12:41 AM

Jun 2015
Halpher said:
Brb said:

You didn’t answer all of my questions. I am attempting to understand here. Your answer about the Fullbringers’ actions being questionable because it a roundabout way is not a clear enough or a satisfactory answer. May you please tell me how? Bring up what they’ve done in the story to help me understand what you mean. Fullbring answered some questions such as the little badge thing Ichigo kept around. It introduced new characters and brought forth a new atmosphere to the series, in my opinion. I also don’t understand why the Fullbring arc not having the Shimigami there is such a problem? The series isn’t about Shimigamis. How did Shimigamis not being there affect your experience? I find this to be such a trivial issue that I don’t see why it mattered so much.
Also, did you misunderstand my question referring to One Piece? I’m not asking why Marineford is good. I specifically said, ”So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?” This is a response to you saying ”The fact it came after Aizen brought it lower (because of comparison).”
I found that statement just problematic when talking about the quality of any arc in a series.

About the power regression, are you saying that you personally prefer power esclation? People were literally hating shonen shows and attacked Bleach for reasons such as power esclation. So, your reply conflicts with the some of the criticism if you personally prefer power esclation. Personally, I don’t mind it as long as I’m entertained at the end of the day.

I need answers for why did you think Bleach getting away from it’s main appeal being bad and what standpoint is your comment speaking from? Is it speaking from yours or the fans generally? I also need the answer to the One Piece question. Let me repeat it for you, So would you say that any arc in One Piece right now is worse because Marineford Arc, which is considered the best arc, is succeeded by arcs that aren't better than it?

I feel like you're drawing half conclusions from my statements.

1. Fullbringer arc was basically giving back Ichigo's power. It took too long and was too roundabout for that. The question about the antagonists' behavior is because why go the buddy buddy route to take Ichigo's power? Why include the other powered humans. It brought nothing new in the table, and the fullbringer characters were only passed by in the last arc. Hence it was unnecessarily long for that amount of time budget. "It brought new characters". Yeah it did, for the price of no one knowing what is happening to the old and already beloved cast

2. What do you mean that it does not matter that there is no soul society and shinigamis in the arc? That's fucking stupid. Bleach apart from the first few chapters and full bring was all about soul society, shinigamis, hollows and to a certain extent, quincy. The complete departure is what's a let down. None of its central themes were there. It's like turning Detective Conan into future tech mystery. Not having shiigamis is not a trivial issue, because it's basically what you're following from first arc.

3. The power decay part and Marineford, You watch or read these types of shonen because you wanna see the characters grow. That was the earlier statement and sentiment. Fullbringer threw out all of Ichigo's power development just so we can have a long arc for him to go back to square one, which isn't something that OP did with marineford. This is the problem. They threw away hundreds of chapters worth of development because of this. After Marineford, the story still went forward, whereas after Aizen, it went back.
BrbFeb 26, 2018 12:44 AM
Feb 26, 2018 1:14 AM

Jan 2017
Halpher said:
silent_knight98 said:

So the change of pace or vibe affected your experience? Were you watching or reading?
Ya...... u can say that.I didnt like the way they carried out that arc.Bleach was never meant to be a plot heavy and character oriented anime.It was all about badass powerups and over the top long lasting battles.Thats the reason i loved it.But in fullbring arc, they totally changed the concept.It was like i was watching a totally different anime.
I have not read the manga.
Feb 26, 2018 2:02 AM

Oct 2015
RnDNEET021 said:
Oi oi oi... Fag..

@-Lofn-

You might wanna see this made by some *special snowflake* which seems kinda amusing.. and yet nauseating for my sourly poor eyes..
Okay fag

I mean..isn't this basically every long running battle shounen debate ever?

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Feb 26, 2018 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
eyepatch is a living cancer. all he does is lie
Feb 26, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2018
I loved the sword fights and the characters even though the plot was kinda off towards the finale of Ichigo vs Aizen (bad ending for me) and to continue with a Fullbringer arc. However, I just freaking love their bankai or power release moment which is awesome. I just hope that it gets better and all the best for Kubo Tite.
Feb 26, 2018 6:43 AM

Aug 2017
Brb said:
Halpher said:

1. Fullbringer arc was basically giving back Ichigo's power. It took too long and was too roundabout for that. The question about the antagonists' behavior is because why go the buddy buddy route to take Ichigo's power? Why include the other powered humans. It brought nothing new in the table, and the fullbringer characters were only passed by in the last arc. Hence it was unnecessarily long for that amount of time budget. "It brought new characters". Yeah it did, for the price of no one knowing what is happening to the old and already beloved cast

2. What do you mean that it does not matter that there is no soul society and shinigamis in the arc? That's fucking stupid. Bleach apart from the first few chapters and full bring was all about soul society, shinigamis, hollows and to a certain extent, quincy. The complete departure is what's a let down. None of its central themes were there. It's like turning Detective Conan into future tech mystery. Not having shiigamis is not a trivial issue, because it's basically what you're following from first arc.

3. The power decay part and Marineford, You watch or read these types of shonen because you wanna see the characters grow. That was the earlier statement and sentiment. Fullbringer threw out all of Ichigo's power development just so we can have a long arc for him to go back to square one, which isn't something that OP did with marineford. This is the problem. They threw away hundreds of chapters worth of development because of this. After Marineford, the story still went forward, whereas after Aizen, it went back.

Ok, I can see you sincerely had your issues with the Fullbring arc due to certain things that apparently turned you off.
Re: 1.)I agree in terms of the intention of the arc was to get Ichigo’s power back, but the Fullbringers going buddy-buddy was simple. Can you give me a better way of how the Fullbringers would steal Ichigo’s power? Ichigo needed to train to gain his powers. If they didn’t go the buddy-buddy route then they couldn’t have made him trust them. They couldn’t train him, therefore they can’t take his powers. They intentionally made Ichigo want to get his power back by doing something that made him feel useless.
Also, Ginjo when he got his memory back was now pretending to be Ichigo’s friend and then backstabbed him at the right moment.
This isn’t an excuse that is countering anything you said, but Kubo had to deal with many fans that were constantly coming at him which made him change the story. People complained like you are expressing to me that the Soul Reapers weren’t there. So he put them there at the end. In a sense the fans who came at Kubo affected his work where things seem off or you could question them. Like the Fullbringers not being apart of the next arc.
The Fullbringers probably had more roles or the story had a different direction.
I don’t know. Maybe the Soul Reapers would return next arc and Kubo maybe wanted to focus on the characters in the human world. I’m not sure. Maybe the way he ended it is the intended ended or improvised. I still think the Fullbring arc wasn’t really bad.

Re: 2) I think it didn’t matter because they weren’t required or needed. The arc was more about a guy trying to regain his power to overcome his internal conflict, which is not being able to protect his friends. The arc was self-contained in the town and it didn’t have anything to do with the Soul Reapers apparently. I disagree with the idea of keeping everything the same instead of exploring new ideas. Can make things feel less contrived to me. The 1st few chapters were not about Soul Reapers or the Soul Socieity. It was about hollows. Maybe your issue was you don’t like a show taking away things that things that were familiar to you? Things that you recognize from the series that make the series what is. That is fine and if that is the reason why you felt disappointed then thats ok.
About the central themes as you brought up ”None of it’s central themes were there.”
Tell me what did you think Bleach’s central themes were. I find that statement to be strange because I don’t know what “theme” Bleach really had. Being honest to you. I didn’t get a theme.
I also disagree with the Detective Conan Mystery Future Tech description.
Everyone trying to understand a power or what happened in this scenario is something that I expect. If they didn’t put time into trying to assess a situation I would honestly be a little annoyed.
Ichigo wasn’t a detective, but the entire situation in the fullbring was a mystery that you have to figure out due to what was happening. As in, how does ones power work? Why do the Fullbringers attack Ginjo? Why didn’t Uryu’s memories get altered like everyone else?
These were questions that were seemingly supposed to keep you tuning in or interested to find out. I don’t know if I’m right as i’m assuming.
Many shows do this and it isn’t detective heavy.
Not having Shimigamis being a problem because you’re following from the first arc sounds more like a personal problem that you had, in my opinion. As I said earlier, it seems like you want a show to keep things that are familiar to you and make the show what the show is.

Re: 3.) “Ok, so this point of yours feels more clear. So I can see you’re feeling like it was a let-down because you’ve invested so much time into the journey of this one character and they just take his power away just to get it back and start over. Question? Did you feel that made you feel that you’ve wasted your time?
Now for the Aizen part. That wasn’t the question. You phrased it in a way that came off saying it was worse because it was worse than the previous arc. Now you’re ignoring that point going for a point that is completely different when you’re responding to that question.
Did you mean to phrase what you said about the Fullbring in one of your earlier posts? Are you willing to edit or change what you meant because it seems you may have meant something else that time.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 6:59 AM
Jun 2017
I watched Bleach to around episode 100 and dropped it. I can see where people would like it enough to keep going though.

As far as SAO goes, it's shit. SAO is shit and if you like it, you have shit taste. Go ahead and like SAO, I don't care. You think i cared when Steve-O ate that cow shit? Nope, I sure didn't but that made him factually a nasty fucker. That's the same way I feel about SAO fans. I don't care what you like but just because you like SAO dosent mean it's not shit and you don't have shit taste
Feb 26, 2018 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
My problems with Bleach anime:
- 45% of it is pure filler, what's worse it's bad filler. In earlier episodes where filler is only 1 episode at the time, I can hardly get through that episode. That was still when I didn't know about fillers, I learned about it after 3rd season of Bantou arc, wondering why the hell it was so boring suddenly. Also a season of filler they put in the middle of arc would made me drop it if I had been following weekly. Luckily I could just skip it.
- Hueco Mundo arc which was way worse than Soul Society arc while basically being the same thing.
- In a world where you can sense spiritual power of another person Aizen manages to hide his while being strong enough to take on entire Soul Society by himself
- Fullbringer Arc being an obvious asspull effort to keep milking the cow Bleach was
- everybody suddenly being able to fly
Feb 26, 2018 7:14 AM

Jun 2015
Halpher said:
Brb said:

Ok, I can see you sincerely had your issues with the Fullbring arc due to certain things that apparently turned you off.
Re: 1.)I agree in terms of the intention of the arc was to get Ichigo’s power back, but the Fullbringers going buddy-buddy was simple. Can you give me a better way of how the Fullbringers would steal Ichigo’s power? Ichigo needed to train to gain his powers. If they didn’t go the buddy-buddy route then they couldn’t have made him trust them. They couldn’t train him, therefore they can’t take his powers. They intentionally made Ichigo want to get his power back by doing something that made him feel useless.
Also, Ginjo when he got his memory back was now pretending to be Ichigo’s friend and then backstabbed him at the right moment.
This isn’t an excuse that is countering anything you said, but Kubo had to deal with many fans that were constantly coming at him which made him change the story. People complained like you are expressing to me that the Soul Reapers weren’t there. So he put them there at the end. In a sense the fans who came at Kubo affected his work where things seem off or you could question them. Like the Fullbringers not being apart of the next arc.
The Fullbringers probably had more roles or the story had a different direction.
I don’t know. Maybe the Soul Reapers would return next arc and Kubo maybe wanted to focus on the characters in the human world. I’m not sure. Maybe the way he ended it is the intended ended or improvised. I still think the Fullbring arc wasn’t really bad.

Re: 2) I think it didn’t matter because they weren’t required or needed. The arc was more about a guy trying to regain his power to overcome his internal conflict, which is not being able to protect his friends. The arc was self-contained in the town and it didn’t have anything to do with the Soul Reapers apparently. I disagree with the idea of keeping everything the same instead of exploring new ideas. Can make things feel less contrived to me. The 1st few chapters were not about Soul Reapers or the Soul Socieity. It was about hollows. Maybe your issue was you don’t like a show taking away things that things that were familiar to you? Things that you recognize from the series that make the series what is. That is fine and if that is the reason why you felt disappointed then thats ok.
About the central themes as you brought up ”None of it’s central themes were there.”
Tell me what did you think Bleach’s central themes were. I find that statement to be strange because I don’t know what “theme” Bleach really had. Being honest to you. I didn’t get a theme.
I also disagree with the Detective Conan Mystery Future Tech description.
Everyone trying to understand a power or what happened in this scenario is something that I expect. If they didn’t put time into trying to assess a situation I would honestly be a little annoyed.
Ichigo wasn’t a detective, but the entire situation in the fullbring was a mystery that you have to figure out due to what was happening. As in, how does ones power work? Why do the Fullbringers attack Ginjo? Why didn’t Uryu’s memories get altered like everyone else?
These were questions that were seemingly supposed to keep you tuning in or interested to find out. I don’t know if I’m right as i’m assuming.
Many shows do this and it isn’t detective heavy.
Not having Shimigamis being a problem because you’re following from the first arc sounds more like a personal problem that you had, in my opinion. As I said earlier, it seems like you want a show to keep things that are familiar to you and make the show what the show is.

Re: 3.) “Ok, so this point of yours feels more clear. So I can see you’re feeling like it was a let-down because you’ve invested so much time into the journey of this one character and they just take his power away just to get it back and start over. Question? Did you feel that made you feel that you’ve wasted your time?
Now for the Aizen part. That wasn’t the question. You phrased it in a way that came off saying it was worse because it was worse than the previous arc. Now you’re ignoring that point going for a point that is completely different when you’re responding to that question.
Did you mean to phrase what you said about the Fullbring in one of your earlier posts? Are you willing to edit or change what you meant because it seems you may have meant something else that time.

I'm not ignoring the Aizen part. I'm saying that there's two sides to that:

Since you brought the Marineford argument, the difference is that after Marineford, the story was brought up from that point (collapse of Whitebeard, developments into the new world and all that) which none of those happened to Fullbringer, which answers the question does it make everything afterward worse? No, because you built the plot after the fact, but in Fullbringer, we only get Ichigo.

And secondly, Aizen was the endgoal that was perceived from the start of Bleach. He is the big bad, so going from that high high to fullbringer's low definitely has a great impact.

I implied these from the prior posts

As for your following remarks, Kubo could have simply done the arc in another way, simple as that. Since fullbringer was a new set-up, he could have done the plot in any other way. The problem with introducing new characters and focusing on them for a whole arc is they take the place of characters which are already developed and are what people wanted to focus on. New characters can be good, sure, but when they hog the limelight and no news of older characters even appear, it gives a bad taste.
Feb 26, 2018 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
Kuraokani said:
I watched Bleach to around episode 100 and dropped it. I can see where people would like it enough to keep going though.

As far as SAO goes, it's shit. SAO is shit and if you like it, you have shit taste. Go ahead and like SAO, I don't care. You think i cared when Steve-O ate that cow shit? Nope, I sure didn't but that made him factually a nasty fucker. That's the same way I feel about SAO fans. I don't care what you like but just because you like SAO dosent mean it's not shit and you don't have shit taste

Who are you talking to? I didn’t say that I like SAO. Also, I don’t welcome you here, if you’re going to be a disrespectful person and be condescending over people liking a show then don’t get further involved in this post. People like you aren’t welcomed in this thread.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Aug 2017
Erebus25 said:
- 45% of it is pure filler, what's worse it's bad filler. In earlier episodes where filler is only 1 episode at the time, I can hardly get through that episode. That was still when I didn't know about fillers, I learned about it after 3rd season of Bantou arc, wondering why the hell it was so boring suddenly. Also a season of filler they put in the middle of arc would made me drop it if I had been following weekly. Luckily I could just skip it.
- Hueco Mundo arc which was way worse than Soul Society arc while basically being the same thing.
- In a world where you can sense spiritual power of another person Aizen manages to hide his while being strong enough to take on entire Soul Society by himself
- Fullbringer Arc being an obvious asspull effort to keep milking the cow Bleach was

So you’re specifically referring to the anime? I do agree with some of what you’re saying such as it being 45% filler and thr filler being in the middle of arcs was a huge turn off. However, unlike you I skipped those fillers because I watched Bleach after it was over. So I don’t truly know your pain, but I understand where you’re coming from there.
Tell me why you think the Hueco Mundo arc was worse than the Soul Society arc despite you thinking they were the same?
Also may you please tell me why you thought they were the same?
Why do you think the Fullbring was an asspull to milk Bleach?
Also the fly thing may have been explained in the manga, but I agree with you there as it came out of nowhere.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 7:45 AM
Dec 2015
Agreed, that supereyepatchfail video was full of nonsense, and created huge amounts of misinformation. I have no idea why people treat his videos like they're backed up by some kind of objective evidence, but they really aren't.
Feb 26, 2018 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
Halpher said:
Erebus25 said:

So you’re specifically referring to the anime? I do agree with some of what you’re saying such as it being 45% filler and thr filler being in the middle of arcs was a huge turn off. However, unlike you I skipped those fillers because I watched Bleach after it was over. So I don’t truly know your pain, but I understand where you’re coming from there.
Tell me why you think the Hueco Mundo arc was worse than the Soul Society arc despite you thinking they were the same?
Also may you please tell me why you thought they were the same?
Why do you think the Fullbring was an asspull to milk Bleach?
Also the fly thing may have been explained in the manga, but I agree with you there as it came out of nowhere.

SS had a completely built world which got introduced, HM was more like a big arena for characters to fight. The similarity is having absolutely same motive, trigger (kidnapped girls) and circumstances around it don't really matter.

After losing your power in exchange to defeat Aizen, for me there is no going back after that, getting them back is an asspull. The reason should be obvious, with the end of Aizen Bleach felt over, and I'd bet it's what Kube had in mind from the start, but Bleach made a lot of money and producers wanted to keep it going which is Fullbringer was made and whatever more there is, never read it. It's like Cell Saga of DBZ, it's a know fact DB was supposed to end with Frieza, but thanks to the producers it kept going.
Feb 26, 2018 7:53 AM
Oct 2017
i disagree i think bleach is the best anime ever
Feb 26, 2018 8:00 AM

Aug 2017
linehalt said:
Agreed, that supereyepatchfail video was full of nonsense, and created huge amounts of misinformation. I have no idea why people treat his videos like they're backed up by some kind of objective evidence, but they really aren't.

I could easily debunk that video. Dude did not do his research. People treat it as a critically acclaimed video when it was regurgitating what everyone else said. Now it’s treated like fact.
He didn’t back himself up with any evidence. He just made shit up.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 8:02 AM

Aug 2017
@Brb I’ll get to your post. I’ll atleast try. I apologize if I keep you waiting too long.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 8:05 AM
Jun 2017
Halpher said:
Kuraokani said:

Who are you talking to? I didn’t say that I like SAO. Also, I don’t welcome you here, if you’re going to be a disrespectful person and be condescending over people liking a show then don’t get further involved in this post. People like you aren’t welcomed in this thread.
I'm talking to you!! You're the one who brought up SAO. Wtf!? What's your problem?

You gave your opinion on SAO so I gave mine. Jeez man, get a grip
Feb 26, 2018 8:05 AM

Jul 2016
Super eye patch wolf wasn't saying the show is terrible he just explained how it had wasted potential. Even Tite Kubo wanted to just be done with it but the shounen jump editors forced him to keep writing which left him uninspired.
The Bleach manga is one of my favorites but I recognize towards the later arcs it definitely dipped in quality, with many recycled story arcs. So I agree with SEW, I think he addressed the issues which got Bleach canceled with some very valid points. You didn't really bring up any counter points to what makes Bleach good you just complained about the video and dismissed its opinions.
Feb 26, 2018 8:13 AM

Aug 2017
Diamant said:
Super eye patch wolf wasn't saying the show is terrible he just explained how it had wasted potential. Even Tite Kubo wanted to just be done with it but the shounen jump editors forced him to keep writing which left him uninspired.
The Bleach manga is one of my favorites but I recognize towards the later arcs it definitely dipped in quality, with many recycled story arcs. So I agree with SEW, I think he addressed the issues which got Bleach canceled with some very valid points. You didn't really bring up any counter points to what makes Bleach good you just complained about the video and dismissed its opinions.

You misinterpreted my complainted. Also this isn’t about SEW. Look at the thread. It’s more about everyone saying things about Bleach and treating as if it’s a automatic fact.
I didn’t even talk about that video being about why the show was bad. Also, I disagree I think the video was about why Bleach fell in popularity. It’s literally the title
He didn’t prove his points at all.
Also, I have debunked that video before. I’m not just dismissing it. Also it’s doesn’t come off as an opinion. That video is presenting itself as a fact and thats the problem.
A general theme here.
Also, most posts are not asking about the video and is a discussion about the series. Some people telling me their issues and what they personally thought.

If you want me to debunk it. I will do so on free time.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 8:18 AM

Aug 2017
Kuraokani said:
Halpher said:

I'm talking to you!! You're the one who brought up SAO. Wtf!? What's your problem?

You didn’t just give an opinion on SAO, you showed a complacent mentality as you belittle fans of the show and I don’t welcome that attitude in this environment. You then say stuff ”Go ahead and like SAO”
Your behavior is one I find displeasing and potentially harmful and unlikable.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 8:21 AM
Mar 2015
Because Kubo wanted to pull the plug on Bleach before the SS arc but Shoenen Jump insisted that he keep writing then when the bottom dropped out they pulled the plug
Feb 26, 2018 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
To each there own, it seems to me that you need to be less preoccupied about what other people like or do and just enjoy what you like.

Thank you for keeping the good name of anime safe keyboard warrior "salutes"
Feb 26, 2018 8:28 AM

Aug 2017
Diamant said:
To each there own, it seems to me that you need to be less preoccupied about what other people like or do and just enjoy what you like.

Thank you for keeping the good name of anime safe keyboard warrior "salutes"

Trust me...I am less preoccupied. It’s just presentation.
It seems likw you don’t want me to debunk the video or something. These videos don’t affect my enjoyment. I just disagree and dislike what they potentially do.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 9:32 AM
Jun 2017
Halpher said:
Kuraokani said:

You didn’t just give an opinion on SAO, you showed a complacent mentality as you belittle fans of the show and I don’t welcome that attitude in this environment. You then say stuff ”Go ahead and like SAO”
Your behavior is one I find displeasing and potentially harmful and unlikable.
Okay dude, guess what, free thread. If you don't like my opinions on SAO and the people who like it (even though you're the one who brought up SAO) then report or block me.
Feb 26, 2018 9:40 AM

Sep 2015
so much deflection and BOLD TEXT, it's enough to make nihilisticloner blush
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Feb 26, 2018 10:39 AM

Jun 2017
Kuraokani said:

I hope you said that ironically because the fact that you have things like NGNL in favorites... nvm, I won't say that

Feb 26, 2018 10:48 AM

May 2013
My problems with Bleach:
1) Bullshit power system
2) Bullshit fighting and fighting attitude/intention
3) Bullshit plot/story/backstory enforcement/asspull
4) Bullshit last arc
5) Bullshit filler arcs, anime only (except zanpakuto arc)
LiterallyEverySpecialSnowflake said:

i wAtcHeD tHis xxxx shOW aNd iT WaS tRASh, i HaTEd iT, wHy eVeRYonE liKEs It?
It iS sO OveRRateD, i AM sO UniQUe aND SpecIAL becAUSE I hAve dIFFerent opINIon ThaN othERs, sO I muST teLL abOut it to THe wHole WorlD, leT thEM knoW i HateD iT. It WAS sO tRasHy, sO GivE mE CouNTER-ArgUMENTs eVen thOuGh i Do NOT giVe argUEmeNTs SuppORTIng My PoiNT.
Feb 26, 2018 10:49 AM

Aug 2017
LaLeLuLiLo said:
so much deflection and BOLD TEXT, it's enough to make nihilisticloner blush

What does that mean? Trying to understand.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
_Ako_ said:
I already know this thread will have so many bs because you created this but anyway, we're not really talking about that. I don't care why you will defend or defends Bleach. All I care about is Detective Conan had been far more enjoyable for me.
Where did OP get Naruto from when quoting you lol
Feb 26, 2018 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
OneNaughtyBear said:
_Ako_ said:
I already know this thread will have so many bs because you created this but anyway, we're not really talking about that. I don't care why you will defend or defends Bleach. All I care about is Detective Conan had been far more enjoyable for me.
Where did OP get Naruto from when quoting you lol

I replied to this quote. Literally, I apologized and stated why I replied with what I said..
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 26, 2018 10:54 AM
Jun 2017
Frectus said:
Kuraokani said:

I hope you said that ironically because the fact that you have things like NGNL in favorites... nvm, I won't say that
Go ahead, say it. I know I have shit taste. I'm the last person you'll see denying that. The thing is, I can acknowledge that some of the shows in my favorites are shit.
Feb 26, 2018 4:17 PM

Jun 2017
Halpher said:
ZionPulse said:

Mate

Mate i'm only 15

Are you encouraging underage drinking?
I'm a shitposter for fun
Feb 26, 2018 4:33 PM

Aug 2017
ZionPulse said:
Halpher said:

Mate

Mate i'm only 15

Are you encouraging underage drinking?

N-no! My apologies, sir. I didn’t m- um...well this is awkward.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Feb 28, 2018 3:17 AM
Jan 2013
Didn't your entire fandom drink Bleach after that ending?It's too late at this point

Feb 28, 2018 4:13 AM

Jul 2016
Just drink it already
Feb 28, 2018 5:37 AM
Feb 2017
Yeah, I don't use bleach. It can be dangerous and I heard its bad for certain clothes or something. I use non-bleach washing machine products or whatever they're called.
DeletedUser666Feb 28, 2018 5:42 AM

Feb 28, 2018 1:13 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Really? Another bleach thread made by you?
No matter how much you defend bleach, people won't stop hating on it.
Every series have it fair share of haters, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Just accept the fact that people won't stop bashing on bleach.

Mar 1, 2018 7:45 AM
Jan 2018
Wow, you really are way out of your depth, Halpher.

Should I add my perspective on why Bleach has subpar to blatantly lazy writing here too?
I am currently studying creative writing, so I am loaded, very loaded.
Mmmh?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.