Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2018 5:49 PM
Feb 2018
Our young protagonist finds himself in a quite, dense, sunlit forest. He doesn't know how he got here, and no matter how far he walks, he ends up back where he began. Suddenly, a figure appears before him, sliding silently out from the shade. A young woman with long black hair, wearing a kimono and a serene smile on her face, is now blocking his path. After a moment, she bows to him in polite greeting. He bows back awkwardly, somewhat unsure of what will happen next. Without a sound, the woman closes her eyes and moves her hand up, and then back down. Slowly, two doors fade into existence on either side of her. The door to her left is red, and the door to her right is white. It is only after this, that she finally speaks.

"The only way out of this place is through one of these two doors. They only open from the inside, never from the outside. If you choose the white door, no matter how far you travel, you will never be able to return to this place. If you choose the red door, no matter how far you travel, you will always return to this place. Choose wisely."

She falls silent. Our protagonist, silent as well, contemplates his decision.

What will he choose? where will he end up? Where do you think this story should lead, and what kind of story do you think this should be?
Feb 19, 2018 6:07 PM

May 2013
@Xanrii

Are you writing a story and would like help with it? Or is it just for fun? Why you ask the question?

Okay, so... protagonist is in some "lost woods", he always ends up at the same place. Do he wants to get out of the forest? If yes, choose the white door, it would lead out of the forest? The red door's ability seems irrelevant/redundant, if it will bring him back there, since the forest itself doing that too, to begin with. If he wants to stay for any reason (e.g. interested in the woman, the place or anything) he can just choose not to choose a door.
Feb 20, 2018 12:10 PM
Feb 2018
sorry, I guess I didn't explain. It's not a story, It was just meant to be a creative question. I thought it might be interesting to see what the creative people on this forum would come up with. I wanted to start a discussion on storytelling, that would leave a lot of room open to interpretation.
Feb 20, 2018 9:40 PM

May 2013
Xanrii said:
sorry, I guess I didn't explain. It's not a story, It was just meant to be a creative question. I thought it might be interesting to see what the creative people on this forum would come up with. I wanted to start a discussion on storytelling, that would leave a lot of room open to interpretation.

I see. That might be interesting.
I did told my opinion on the question though...? No opinion on that? Or a new question to think about? or something?
Feb 21, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2013
@Xanrii

I see. That could be interesting too.
I answered the question though, didn't I? no comment on that? or asking another question or anything?
Feb 21, 2018 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
take the white door

wakes up at the back left of the classroom with a light breeze coming through the open window

transfer student walks in who looks like the girl from the 'dream'

w-wait a minute isn't this every anime?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
4 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.