Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2018 12:27 AM
Jul 2016
OK, at Wiki, Lina is First High School student, but at the first season, there's no Lina, and at the movie "Tatsuya and Miyuki have finished their first year at First Magic High School and are on their spring break." they already know Lina
Jan 30, 2018 12:30 AM

Feb 2016
Shes one of the main characters in the Visitors Arc after the anime(which is a very good Arc btw), shes one of, if not the, strongest magicians of America
Jan 30, 2018 12:32 AM
Jul 2016
Oh i see, better this anime have season 2
Jan 31, 2018 6:24 PM

Dec 2015
Read the novel.... season 2 probably won't come for a very very long time
Jan 31, 2018 9:29 PM
Jan 2015
She was introduced later in the novels, past what the anime covered.
mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Angelina_Kudou_Shields
My Queens

Feb 1, 2018 6:02 AM

Dec 2013
As mentioned before, she's introduced after the anime. However this movie has skipped a shitton of volumes so for people that have not read the LN most of it makes no sense at all.

A Mahouka movie could've been really good. But just by this fact alone combined with the bad pacing it's already a bad movie.
At least the OST is nice i suppose.
Feb 5, 2018 5:03 AM

Feb 2016
Question please...

If second season is done will it be after the anime or the movie ????

I mean the anime stopped at volume 7 and the movie is after volume 11

I'm afraid season 2 will continue after volume 11 and after the story in the movie and Skipp volume 8 9 10 11.....
Kja95Feb 5, 2018 5:06 AM
Feb 5, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
Guys, just to clarify: Lina is NOT a First High student.

She was transferred to First High temporarily, for some reasons. She is a USNA person, IIRC descendent of the brother of Kudou Retsu, who went to the USNA in the past. Saying more than that is a heavy spoiler.
Feb 5, 2018 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
dupreeh said:

She was transferred to First High temporarily, for some reasons. She is a USNA person, IIRC descendent of the brother of Kudou Retsu, who went to the USNA in the past. Saying more than that is a heavy spoiler.

she's an exchange student to be precise
she swap place with Honoka if i remember correctly
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Feb 5, 2018 1:53 PM
Jan 2015
Caltsio said:
dupreeh said:

she's an exchange student to be precise
she swap place with Honoka if i remember correctly
It was Shizuku not Honoka
My Queens

Feb 5, 2018 2:10 PM
Jan 2015
Kja95 said:
Question please...

I'm afraid season 2 will continue after volume 11 and after the story in the movie and Skipp volume 8 9 10 11.....
A second season would have to cover vol 8-11, they're are to important to the narrative. Thats why i believe they kept the flashbacks in the movie short, so they wouldn't be huge spoilers if they did decide to do a second season.
-MahesvaraFeb 6, 2018 7:25 AM
My Queens

Feb 6, 2018 1:28 AM

Feb 2016
-Mahesvara said:
Kja95 said:
Question please...

A second season would have to cover vol 8-11, they're are to important to the narrative. Thats why i believe they kept the flashbacks in the movie shory, so they wouldn't be huge spoilers if they did decide to do a second season.

I hope so....even the DVDs sale are good
Feb 6, 2018 6:55 AM

Sep 2013
-Mahesvara said:

It was Shizuku not Honoka

thanks for your correction.
i only remember the exchange student was between Honoka or Shizuku when i dived into the wikia long time ago
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Jan 4, 2019 8:10 AM

Jul 2016
Madhouse be like:

"What? Season 2? What kind of dessert is that?"

Let's do some amazing moves dude!
Jul 12, 2019 8:46 AM
Jun 2019
There was a pretty big time gap between the main series and the movie, so during the time she might've known Tatsuya
Jul 13, 2019 3:20 AM

Mar 2016
Apparently she's just a character that the TV series neglected to include in its adaptation. It's like the Kizumonogatari adaptations all over again. (However, I did go into those having already read the LN's—not like that gave me a better impression of those shitty movies, though.)

It's an absolute must to make sure that your anime only viewers are given as little context as possible in order to push LN sales; this also allows the director to dedicate boatloads more screen time to unnecessary fanservice
Jul 17, 2019 4:59 AM
Feb 2009
C_M_ said:
Apparently she's just a character that the TV series neglected to include in its adaptation. It's like the Kizumonogatari adaptations all over again. (However, I did go into those having already read the LN's—not like that gave me a better impression of those shitty movies, though.)

It's an absolute must to make sure that your anime only viewers are given as little context as possible in order to push LN sales; this also allows the director to dedicate boatloads more screen time to unnecessary fanservice

Not neglected. Anime didn't get that far and movie is further ahead.
Jul 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Mar 2016
Bozzzz said:
C_M_ said:

Not neglected. Anime didn't get that far and movie is further ahead.

In that case, the movie shouldn't have wasted so much time faffing around in the beginning and properly introduced the characters. There was quite a lot of wasted screen time that could've been put to better use. My point still stands.
Sep 29, 2019 7:42 AM
May 2019
I’m pretty sure that she likes Tatsuya
Oct 6, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2015
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

I Guess that didn't aged well. XD XD XD
Apr 19, 2020 12:03 PM
Feb 2019

shiro_kai said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

I Guess that didn't aged well. XD XD XD

Lol yeah season two coming in the summer,unless corona messes things up
Apr 25, 2020 6:54 PM

Apr 2020
wen294 said:
As mentioned before, she's introduced after the anime. However this movie has skipped a shitton of volumes so for people that have not read the LN most of it makes no sense at all.

A Mahouka movie could've been really good. But just by this fact alone combined with the bad pacing it's already a bad movie.
thank you, throughout the movie I don't know who lina is, i don't read the LN so i don't know who lina is, thanks for the info so i know who lina is, but ... why do they cross some of the volume? do you know?
Apr 26, 2020 1:03 AM

Dec 2013
Shirase-san said:
wen294 said:

thank you, throughout the movie I don't know who lina is, i don't read the LN so i don't know who lina is, thanks for the info so i know who lina is, but ... why do they cross some of the volume? do you know?
I would assume it's partially a promotion for the more recent volumes of the light novel. As well as that in japan the light novel is pretty popular so I guess most people that would be willing to watch a mahouka movie would be reasonably up to date with the light novel already.

On a side note, season 2 (which is now upcoming for hopefully summer unless delayed) will introduce Lina so once you've seen that the movie hopefully makes at least a bit more sense. (but even then I'm pretty sure the movie is still set further in the story than the end of season 2)

More topics from this board

» Does this movie take place before season 3?

BDJosh23 - Apr 7

8 by nightmare_kt »»
Apr 8, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Movie: Hoshi wo Yobu Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jun 19, 2017

138 by ep5ilon »»
Sep 21, 2023 10:55 PM

» I'm confused: who is fighting who and why and what

PoleLord - Jan 3, 2023

4 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Jan 3, 2023 5:46 PM

» About this and Visitor Arc

Grontan - Aug 28, 2021

5 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 23, 2021 8:13 PM

» Do you need to watch this movie before season 2?

AHomicidalTV - Oct 3, 2020

13 by YukinaHimiragi »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.